Why was AV 1.12 not used for the 15th anniversary version?

Why would I play a version of AV that blizzard sees as inferior?

Post proof that the retail development team considers it inferior.

3 Likes

The standard pattern throughout the duration of the game has been to clean up the bugs in the next expansion.

When vanilla was first launched, it was a development work in progress. A lot of “features” probably seemed like a good idea during the early stages, but turned out to have been something that never should have made it out of the beta.

The devs were not thinking “this version/patch is perfection, and will eventually be enshrined as a museum game with no changes”. More likely they were, “We need to keep pumping out the content, we’ll fix that later”.

1 Like

Post proof that it was the classic team that decided to withold Korrak’s Revenge from Classic.

Incoming, “if it was so good why would they reintroduce older versions of content and WoW”.

All of modern Classic is/was 1.12. Not just AV. You can’t have everything be 1.12 except AV, that would cause just as big of a stink as you’re trying to fabricate.

3 Likes

You get 1.12 or you get nothing. No Frankenstein content design/OSRS pandering to a time and again insatiable treadmill community.

1 Like

so go back and play your superior AV on classic? i don’t know what you’re actually doing, but i suspect you figured another thread complaining about AV in classic would just get buried on the classic forums so you felt like it was necessary to post on the retail forums.

1 Like

It says right in that post that korrak is removed in that version. The AV we have is called korraks revenge. If hes gone the name would make no sense.

It’s not their fault. Just bored that they can’t get quick queues for bgs. Idle hands are the devil’s “fun”posters.

Why would I do that when the classic team had nothing to do with Korrak’s Revenge?

1 Like

Because it isn’t your game, and it’s called Korrak’s Revenge.

You’re literally getting EXP you didn’t earn, what more are you entitled to?

Would you like a seat on the board of directors, as well? All your knowledge running multi billion dollar games is being wasted by just playing them.

1 Like

Hey genius, Korraks Revenge is poorly balanced. For my participation I have seen horde win rates of 80% while leveling my horde characters to 120. However, it has zero impact on actual PVP gearing or retail PVP ladders.

In classic, AV needs to be reasonably balanced because it is by far the most effective place to grind honor. It is integral to the classic PVP ladder experience and they have chosen to use the more balanced version because of that.

3 Likes

OP you’ve already stated that you prefer the older version of AV:

Why would you then ask why they didn’t implement a never version of AV in retail? It makes you look salty.

They implemented an earlier version because it’s what they deemed appropriate for an anniversary event. Simple as that.

2 Likes

The 15 year anniversary event has nothing to do with Classic WoW. You should really complain in the correct sub-section and post this in the Classic WoW forum.

With that said, I’m glad they chose a good version for the 15 year anniversary event, having TONS of fun!!!

4 Likes

I do prefer the earlier version, I never suggested otherwise. I want to know why if BLIZZARD thought the early version was good enough for the 15th anniversary edition, why it wasn’t used for classic, even though it had overwhelming support to be there and not in the game that nobody was asking for it.

And the suggestions that the retail team thinks 1.5 AV is better than 1.12, but the classic team thinks 1.12 is better is preposterous.

Do you ever stop trolling and trying to rile posters up?

I can agree with this, OP. 1.2 is where it’s at.

I could ask you the same question, but I already know the answer.

And OP was already trolling from the beginning, so don’t play your high-and-mighty bs.

1 Like

Because Korrak’s Revenge is part of the anniversary event, and Classic’s AV is not.

1 Like

How fo you figure? How is my simple question a troll? If you do not like the subject of a thread, nobody is forcing you to endure it.

You display blatant hatred for vanilla, and yet you are having a meltdown that someone is questioning its use in retail AV.

1 Like