Why was AV 1.12 not used for the 15th anniversary version?

You get 1.12 or you get nothing. No Frankenstein content design/OSRS pandering to a time and again insatiable treadmill community.

1 Like

so go back and play your superior AV on classic? i don’t know what you’re actually doing, but i suspect you figured another thread complaining about AV in classic would just get buried on the classic forums so you felt like it was necessary to post on the retail forums.

1 Like

It says right in that post that korrak is removed in that version. The AV we have is called korraks revenge. If hes gone the name would make no sense.

It’s not their fault. Just bored that they can’t get quick queues for bgs. Idle hands are the devil’s “fun”posters.

Why would I do that when the classic team had nothing to do with Korrak’s Revenge?

1 Like

Because it isn’t your game, and it’s called Korrak’s Revenge.

You’re literally getting EXP you didn’t earn, what more are you entitled to?

Would you like a seat on the board of directors, as well? All your knowledge running multi billion dollar games is being wasted by just playing them.

1 Like

Hey genius, Korraks Revenge is poorly balanced. For my participation I have seen horde win rates of 80% while leveling my horde characters to 120. However, it has zero impact on actual PVP gearing or retail PVP ladders.

In classic, AV needs to be reasonably balanced because it is by far the most effective place to grind honor. It is integral to the classic PVP ladder experience and they have chosen to use the more balanced version because of that.

3 Likes

OP you’ve already stated that you prefer the older version of AV:

Why would you then ask why they didn’t implement a never version of AV in retail? It makes you look salty.

They implemented an earlier version because it’s what they deemed appropriate for an anniversary event. Simple as that.

2 Likes

The 15 year anniversary event has nothing to do with Classic WoW. You should really complain in the correct sub-section and post this in the Classic WoW forum.

With that said, I’m glad they chose a good version for the 15 year anniversary event, having TONS of fun!!!

4 Likes

I do prefer the earlier version, I never suggested otherwise. I want to know why if BLIZZARD thought the early version was good enough for the 15th anniversary edition, why it wasn’t used for classic, even though it had overwhelming support to be there and not in the game that nobody was asking for it.

And the suggestions that the retail team thinks 1.5 AV is better than 1.12, but the classic team thinks 1.12 is better is preposterous.

Do you ever stop trolling and trying to rile posters up?

I can agree with this, OP. 1.2 is where it’s at.

I could ask you the same question, but I already know the answer.

And OP was already trolling from the beginning, so don’t play your high-and-mighty bs.

1 Like

Because Korrak’s Revenge is part of the anniversary event, and Classic’s AV is not.

1 Like

How fo you figure? How is my simple question a troll? If you do not like the subject of a thread, nobody is forcing you to endure it.

You display blatant hatred for vanilla, and yet you are having a meltdown that someone is questioning its use in retail AV.

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I wonder what you’ve experienced in your life if a handful of mild forum posts constitutes a meltdown for you.

Also it’s a troll because what you really wanted to talk about was Classic’s AV implementation, which means it should have been in that forum where it would have presumably been drowned out in all the others. You came here for attention.

Why? They’re two different teams. Comprised of different human beings. Why is it so difficult for you to understand that they might have different opinions?

4 Likes

Because Blizzard has an irrational hatred for classic players for absolutely no reason, and they released 1.12 AV on purpose so that everyone would hate it and come crawling back to retail. That the answer you’re looking for, OP?

This topic is pointless and only serves to pit retail players against classic players as if the whole subject wasn’t already done to death on classic’s release. Why don’t you just email Blizzard? Community managers didn’t implement 1.12 AV, so their words on the subject as as good as mine if a blue posts here.

1.12 AV isn’t as good as 1.5 AV, that’s why.

Oh, this is a little ironic. The Classic team is comprised completely of people that also work on BfA.

Go login and look at the Classic credits, then google those names.

See above.

1.12 wasn’t celebrating 15y in Classic, but 1.5 AV is celebrating it in Retail

You really do belong in Classic.

How is it ironic? I have held the belief that is was not one team or the other that made the decision. Other posters have suggested that the classic team chose 1.12 for classic because they liked it more than the earlier versions, and the bfa team chose 15th anni AV because they like the early version more.

My belief is that the same individual or group made a concerted effort to put the version that best represented vanilla AV into the game where it was never asked for, and intentionally withheld it from those who were outright begging for it and warned how bad 1.12 would be.

There are only a handful of ways their decision can be interpreted. One being malice toward those who prefer a more vanilla-like game than bfa.