Why was AV 1.12 not used for the 15th anniversary version?

Oh, honey…

4 Likes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No, Blues announce things here. They don’t READ here. You need to go ask on Reddit if you want an actual response.

1 Like

I cited a direct quote to why blizzard thought 1.12 AV was a better version of AV. My question is if they believe it is the better version, why it wasn’t used for the 15th anniversary event.

A blue is welcome to come in and amend the cited post they made if they like.

Because they hate you and wish you weren’t here. Kind of like the majority of us.

That’s also why you have your own little corner of the forums where you can be ignored.

Coming to GD and thinking any blue is going to give you a direct answer as to why the developers made a certain choice is just asking to get trolled. Blues have ZERO to do with the developers, by the way, so ask all the questions you want…chances are very high you will not find what you seek here.

I like your top topic btw. Can we restrict Classic Characters to the Classic forum?

3 Likes

I’ll bother taking you seriously for one moment, I guess.

Your quoted post was the Classic development team. The Retail development team are different people. They clearly decided to use a different version. Don’t bother asking why they made that decision, because they aren’t going to tell you.

Sure, have at it. Here’s my non-classic character.

So you admit that it’s useless since I can create a classic character (gross) and post there.

You’re not getting your answer and you’re not getting 1.5. Might as well stew in the soup pot.

1 Like

Ok OP, first, you cannot use a blue post from the Classic Dev team to justify why something in retail is the way it is. Retail and Classic are two different games.

Next, 1.12 AV was most likely used in Classic because the code base for AV 1.12 was closer to the current code base running in classic so it made logical sense. AV 1.15 or higher code might not have been as compatible with the 1.13 code running in classic right now.

This same logic most likely applies to retail as well, the 1.15 AV code might have been the earliest version of AV they could make work properly with the current code base running in retail.

Trust me, there are no “Let’s screw the playbase” things going on here, its all about how much coding effort is required to make something work.

It doesnt really matter which version they went with because xp gains is pretty much trumping it all. Thats whats driving participation so in a sense that was the most important decision made.

I don’t follow you. What xp gains?

The anniversary AV makes it possible to level from 110-120 in a handful of hours, which is the only reason anyone is still doing it.

Uncertain how that would factor into why they did not use 1.12 AV. If anything it shows the development time wasted on it (15th anniversary) even more egregious.

Oh, sorry, I assumed you were reading your own thread. That has already been answered.

2 Likes

They just released it because it’s a celebration of the 15 year anniversary.

Simple.

Which is odd, because when some of us pushed for separate subs, retail players insisted that they were the same game. :thinking:

Oh good, you’ve given up on pretending you had a point. I won’t waste any more time here.

1 Like

Honestly, your guess is as good as mine. Classic would’ve ate it up for sure, yet it was put in retail. Feels tone deaf, and a good way to dissatisfy both communities.

1 Like

If you insist on calling them different games, anticipate a counterpoint.