Why Tyrande isn't part of Nazjatar/Eternal Palace

yes… on the ally side. but soon ion will say to night elves “you want a strong tall purple amazon elf? you wanna play as the elves who fought against azshara? the horde is here waiting for you”

20 Likes

But nightborne arnt stronk amazon ladies. They waify casters and fit girls at best.

1 Like

theoretically they suppose to be like the arcane stuff. but cmon now, they have the exact same skeleton/model lol and now they even making thalyssra out to be the one that stood up to azshara

2 Likes

Eventually there will be nothing unique about Alliance anymore because Horde is just stealing all of the aesthetics of the Alliance. It’s only a matter of time before the Horde leader is just a human with red eyes like Nathanos and the main hub for Horde becomes a Stormwind look alike but only with red roofs instead of blue ones.

13 Likes

Yeah but they don’t got dat tone, nor the culture behind it. And of course Thalyssra stood up to Azshara…from Thalyssra’s point of view.

1 Like

i am going to quote myself.

so that, basically blizzard has just other plans for tyrande.
maybe, her real confrontation will be with sylvanas, the one who actually burn teldrassil.

2 Likes

I wish it is true, but even without Tyrande there is other nelves better suited in Nazjatar like Malfurion or Jarod. Maybe even Farondis if he was Alliance.

4 Likes

That’s fair, but as shown by them having Jaina in everything even slightly related to her, they could easily have Tyrande here and still do this hypothetical other plan.

7 Likes

a full cgi cinematic of tyrande talking with an imprisoned azshara would be cool.

16 Likes

Don’t tease me with such things Spudd

4 Likes

jaina was sold as a protagonist from the beginning.
they even told us that she was going to have a main role in 8.2.
is fine that she is there because azshara is personally attacking kultiras and creating all the problems including the destruction of the fleet.
i think that it will be kinda the end of her character arc.

But seems like that will be over already.
that is why i think that next is going to be tyrande’s turn. in my pet theory, of course.

I don’t mind Jaina having a role in all this. Azshara wrecks the Kul Tiran fleet, after all, and has been meddling in Kul Tiras through Ashvane. It’s her being in the definitive Alliance role, in lieu of Tyrande, that irks me so much.

26 Likes

All that sold Jaina as a protagonist is the Warbringer (Which Sylvanas also has and has done a drop in the ocean compared to Jaina in this expac) and the Alliance stuff being set in Kul 'Tiras, her home. This is so set up for Tyrande, as much as Kul tiras is set up for Jaina, and she’s not there.

2 Likes

I suppose I should have done THE instead of the. That’s what I meant, having Jaina be THE definitive role. Her being there is fine, I think she’s had a bit too much spotlight already personally, but I wouldn;t really mind if she was doing just what Lor’themar was doing, but back seating to Tyrande for the Azshara stuff.

2 Likes

As far as low quality subversion of expectations go, how do you think this expansion will end?

I’m guessing:

A.) Sylvanas’s master plan was to kill N’zoth all along! Elune is a void lord, Sylvanas’s demoralization of the NEs was part of a master plan!

B.) Saurfang is actually the villain of the expansion and Blizzard has hastily rewritten their finale due to player backlash by making him the secret bad guy. Turns out Sylvanas as vindicated and acting in the Horde’s interests the entire time!

C.) N’zoth kills everyone and the Black Empire reigns victorious. The entire expansion will be rendered moot as the Bronze Dragonflight retcon everything at the last minute in a Days of Future Past-style dungeon/storyline, which will lead into Warlords 2.0 but on Azeroth.

3 Likes

I think the best subversion of our expectations is to do exactly as everyone thinks, because it’s so stupid there’s no way they would do it…which is why it subverts it.

AND by best I mean, single worst thing they could do.

3 Likes

Nah. She clearly needs at least 5 more cinematics before the expansion’s end (including one where she solos N’zoth), as well as the greenlight on production of Blizzard’s second feature length film attempt, a bio-pic style movie: Proudmoore.

2 Likes

Lowkey I actually think she will be the one to kill N’zoth after Sylvanas’s whatever bs plan fails…and that scares me.

that wasn’t what they told us in the past 2 blizzcons.

sylvanas is the main villain and as such is moving the plot of everyone.

Are we really sure about that?
because i don’t think that it was azshara the one who burned teldrassil.
i hope that you get my point
Blizzard is just preparing another story for tyrande.
and if that isn’t the case,we should be making post in the ptr forums already.

Because i really don’t think that is a coincidence that they will be using shandris and not tyrande.
Or maybe i am… too optimistic?

Your probably right about that but WoW being a MMO we can’t know what is next so it will always feel bad to see something like l this without knowing what role Tyrande will have in the futur. Moreover, she could also become a villain corrupted by the NW which would be terribly bad writing.

I like Shandris toi but I feel she was too young in WotA, they could have used Malfurion who flught against Azshara, Jarod or Maiev who were older etc…

3 Likes