I'm Happy Jaina and Shandris is getting the Spotlight within Patch 8.2

Switching to your alt to agree with yourself is pretty sad, Wallurian. If you accept Tyrande and Malfurion into your heart I’m sure they’ll forgive you. Then maybe you can make some friends that will help ween you off being a Human Paladin.

30 Likes

Well She hasn’t really done anything at all in this expansion other than sitting on a Boat doing nothing. That’s what most other good developed Elven Characters are now in days for the Alliance. Just Props and Jokes.

1 Like

why are you posting on a alt to agree with yourself?

33 Likes

That’s pretty much what rest of the Alliance is? Is it not.

I mean its not just Night Elves, Void Elves or any kind of race that is a Elf that isn’t a Prop or Joke. Its mostly the rest. I mean hello. Sons of Lothar, Draenei, Other Humans besides Anduin, Jaina, and etc?

2 Likes

I’m just baffled.

How do you even fit so much being wrong into a single post?

16 Likes

i am fine with both of them being in nazjatar, specially shandris who we don’t know much and we are going to see more, i feel like she really needs it.

and maybe i can understand tyrande’s absence if they are preparing another story for her ie:continuing her war with the horde.
if that is the case is fine by me that she isn’t in nazjatar because otherwise that would mean that she has to work with the horde. and bonus points if azshara doesn’t die so we can get another chance for a confrontation. well, at least i can have hope for it.

and i really,really don’t get this tyrande hate.

7 Likes

She commited the heresy of daring to question the wisdom of the Emperor of Mankind. She then used up an Alliance Power-Up token getting a boon from her goddess, instead of letting someone with more Human Potential have it.

35 Likes

Didn’t you already make a post about this a couple weeks back?

1 Like

I think the reason people are upset with Tyrande not being there, can be answered with a situation like this.
Azshara is Tyrande’s Sylvanas, and by that I mean, she is the character responsible for the growth and shaping of another character, ANduin has had to rise to the challenges Sylvanas has put in front of him as a character, like Tyrande had to for Azshara. Azshara is incredibly woven in with everything Tyrande is as a character, so not having her there would be the same as having Sylvanas defeated without Anduin even being present. It defeats the purpose of having a character responsible for someones growth from an antagonistic side, if said character isnt there for their defeat and showing their rising above of the challenges. While Xavius is that to Malfurion, and we did kill him without Malfurion, Malfurion has still had 2 times in the past dunked on Xavius and at least played a role in Xavius in game defeat. From all we’ve seen from the datamining, Tyrande plays 0 part in the downfall of the woman that shaped her core characteristics.

Also I don’t think you quite get what a mary sue is. Mary sue’s don’t fail in their tasks, when they do it’s a nonfail just to check the box of saying your character failed in something. Tyrande 100% failed in stopping Nathanos from rezzing Delryn and Sira, which leads directly to the active warfront and more of her people dying, as well as stopping the dark ranger recruitment, as well as not killing the Warchiefs second in command.

18 Likes

You know that using 7 different alts just to like your post and agree with it doesn’t make your point more valid?

11 Likes

How selfish of her to not let Jaina get another powerup, why with that token she could have beat Azshara, who was on the level of Archimonde and Kil’jaeden when still an elf by mannaroths own admission and has only gotten stronger, by herself instead of having to work with a filthy horde elf.

7 Likes

I’m glad Jaina is the main character of 8.2. Hopefully we will get a few in game cinemas of her!

25 Likes

Hopefully in 8.3 as well! She really hasn’t had enough spotlight in this expac yet, it’s sort of surprising that they gave her a warbringer and had her do so little, all she’s really done is show up on a boat after Dazar’alor and do something with Derek.

12 Likes

less Jaina and more tyrande would have been better.

7 Likes

Wait…I’m not attacking Jaina now? She’s not going to be trying to kill me every week?

7 Likes

Wait till next patch where you step on her favourite flowers and she decides the Horde need to all die again. She’s already pretty much there by saying Baine is the LAST of the hordes honor.

19 Likes

Eh, whatever. It’s Jaina. She’ll just hate us for a bit and then Lor’themar or someone will REALLY be the last of the Horde’s honour while Gallywix goes full villain and the cycle continues.

12 Likes

I mean… she’s wrong there, but only because Baine hasn’t been portrayed as all that honorable either.

On point, I have no idea why Tyrande isn’t around in 8.2, and I can only hope there’s still stuff yet to be released, because if it’s Shandris and Jaina (as much as I like Shandris and liked Jaina’s arc until 8.1 or so) it would just be another weird misstep by Blizzard.

Shandris has never met Azshara, unless that’s going to be retconned. In fact, unless retconned, she was a kid during the War of the Ancients, and basically Tyrande’s sidekick for the duration, having never even seen Azshara at all. Azshara is Tyrande’s antithesis, her worst fear of what she might become. It’s why she never ever took up the title of Queen, even though her people would probably have gladly given it to her. She shares power with others because you would need to drag her kicking and screaming into the role of absolute ruler, because she hates the very idea of becoming like Azshara in any way.

Night Warrior Tyrande, a Tyrande that’s no longer an uncertain young night elf, facing off against the greatest monster of her youth would be a fantastic story beat, to say nothing of actually progressing the story for night elves beyond ‘we’re helping humans’.

Granted, I still have no clue what the canon War of the Ancients is. We get references to Brox in game, and the Dragon Soul stuff, but the Well of Eternity dungeons have Illidan as a demon hunter type (which he never got to in the novels) and the Azshara Warbringers has the Sundering happening during the day when it was supposed to happen at night in the books?

Actually maybe that’s why they’re using Shandris… even the writers don’t know what War of the Ancients is canon now.

11 Likes

Real talk: Why wasn’t Jaina the main character of the 7.3 Argus patch? What was Blizz thinking?

17 Likes

Because we already had Khadgar, you can’t fit two Mary Sues in the same room.

6 Likes