Why this is your class and not another?

Dual wielding swords, daggers and fist weapons, leather armour, poisons and sneaking.
Thief class 4 life, since 1975, TSR style.

Went resto druid because I like the fantasy. I had no intentions of playing boomy coming into SL. Too bad they ended up being the best class in the game.

I started off in Vanilla playing as a paladin and then went blood elf when it became available because I liked the idea of, “bad guy paladin.” (Scarlet Crusade)

Now I kinda wish I had started as a hunter because the class is so much more fun than what retribution has become.

Sunk cost fallacy, I guess? I have over 520 days /played on this character with items/rep that I’d never want to re-earn on another character.

It’s too bad you can’t class change and just keep the character…

2 Likes

i’ve used this character as my forum main since cataclysm, and continue as she is the one that keeps up my TL3 forum perks.

in-game i prefer my blood DK because then the only time i need to find her corpse is when she dies of falling damage or when my internet hiccups in combat and i get disconnected from the server.

however, i do play alts of all classes, first got all to level cap in Mists, then from Legion onward.

1 Like

I’ve always played an elven archer class that can tame pets since rolling a Ranger in DnD in the 80’s. It’s my archetype, and I have no regrets. I’ve tried other things, but I always go back to my first love.

1 Like

I have rolled and played characters of all the classes, but I prefer warlock because:

• Ranged DPS is my favorite combat style.
  • I like pet classes but dislike the collecting and management aspect of Hunter pets. I like that demons already have their own names.
  • Warlocks have some useful utility spells and cool class mounts.
  • Warlocks are like the original anti-heroes in the WoW game.
  • The combination of viscious worgen with reclusive warlocks is just cool since I tend to play solo.
1 Like

I main Warrior and not the others because…

• Mained locks for a long while and got exasperated with the devs continuously finding new ways to slap the class around and frustrate me beyond belief.

• DK’s leave me feeling underwhelmed. I want to love them but haven’t managed to make it past just liking them.

• Mages… are a class I for some reason feel guilty for not liking. I do like them in theory, but they just don’t hold my interest.

• Paladins are too dang slow. The light needs to hurry the hell up. (and that lil spontaneous giddy up horsey thing to sprint for a few yards is just weird)

• I’ve never leveled a DH! The edgelord vibe is honestly just so over amped that it puts me off the class. "I’ve given evvvverything!" Ahh Jeezus, ok.

• Priests are a good caster class, but cloth is cloth.

• Druids are pretty cool and I love seeing them around in the game. I may give them more of a chance at some point, just not now.

• Shamans, I dunno, just kinda lose me. They’re like the class that can’t really figure out what it wants to be… or something, I dunno. lol.

• Hunters, as badass as they are, sort of bore me. I have zero interest in hunting irl, so maybe that’s part of the reason why the class doesn’t vibe.

• Monks are a solid class, but martial arts don’t really interest me much. Very solid class though.

• Rogues are a little too challenging for me and I’m not very good at them. Also, the sneaky backstabbing thing doesn’t really vibe with me. I’d rather be a clumsy warrior, crashing into a mob and wailing away mindlessly.

2 Likes

Since always, all my characters were ranger like classes. If a game has no ranger like class, I do not play it.

If gear wasn’t an issue I would be a terror as a MM hunter in most large bgs.

I’m an edgelord who likes big swords, the cold, death, and forcing people to fight and die.

The second DKs got added there was no longer a choice for me.

I AM the animal. RAWR!

2 Likes

Title is, an interesting question to me, because I never really know how I end up with my main. Feels random. Currently, this DH happened because I found myself really enjoying a DH streamer’s content and I thought to myself, “I guess I should play it.” I’ll just namedrop the streamer I don’t think it breaks any rules and he’s a good player: Soullscape.

Because as a BM hunter, I can let my pet growl and snarl and kill everything while I sip my coffee and either post on the forums, watch cat videos on Youtube, or just sleep at my keyboard.

Hunters are a simple class to play solo content with. They can also tame little pets :heart:

sets down my teacup and shoots an arrow off William Tell’s head with an apple “Wouldn’t have made much sense otherwise, wouldn’t it?”

I play three classes.

Demon Hunter because I do whatever I want in real life, just like Demon Hunters do whatever they want in-game.

Death Knight because they’re also super edgy and my favorite holiday is Halloween.

And Warlock because, as a Satanist, it is important for me to maintain significant personal relationships with demons.

I have played different characters through out the 17 years I have played, Rogue, Mage, Death Knight, Druid, Holy Priest, Demon Hunter ( which I loved but not very good at it) When BFA came out I switched my Priest to Shadow and had a lot of fun until they nerfed them. I started a BM Hunter and I may not be the best hunter out there, but I am having fun playing her. I hated standing still with my casting characters, but now I feel like a whimsical Belf running around with no shoes and a light hearted attitude…It has changed my attitude t words questing and BG’s and I have even have done Torghast, The Maw and have no regrets about playing a Hunter . I will probably remain a hunter till my days of WoW are finished.

1 Like

1 Like

Here’s one with my name on it.

• I used to like Hunters, but mail…they’re really bad.
  • They changed Priest so much over the years, I lost interest.
  • I’m not into Fel or demons, so no Warlock or DH.
  • Not into playing as the Avatar, and I used to like Ench. Playing during BFA left me a sour taste in my mouth.
  • Compare to other plate users, why do I feel playing Paladin so painfully slow?
  • I play Frost and sometimes Unholy DK from time to time. Main? Meh.
  • I have a love/hate relationship with Mage.
  • I love playing Monk since I took karate class when I was little. However, almost everyone don’t want to invite a Monk. Negative stigma is getting out of control, that was before buffs to Mistweaver and bug fixes.
  • Rogue seems complicated. Resource management in this case sucks.
  • I like Warrior this expansion, but I’m sure they’ll change it again next expansion.

So that leaves Druid! I always liked nature theme, it’s really fun playing as one. Shapeshift into whatever suits you in a situation, you can do all four roles. They wear leather–lots of good leather mogs, and unique shapeshift forms depending on specs. Druids isn’t perfect, but they’re sure as hell fun!