Why they shouldn't do TBC

Why they will? The tremendous amount of sub money that will be gained once it launches

I want to play both as separate stand-alone games, & that is likely how it will be implemented by Blizzard - though I will only still play in Vanilla/Classic as one of the few classes/specs that isn’t broken, poorly itemized & woefully subpar past the level 60 dungeon content point.

So you’ve become what you hated. The circle has come around again, and now your the one telling people, “No”. :stuck_out_tongue:

I am sure you’ve read the options listed by the community for TBC servers, as well as read the survey not all of them are negative to classic only users. Your fear I believe is mostly coming from that Classic servers will become mostly dead. They will, with or without TBC happening. The classic servers will become less and less active, with server merges happening, until we likely only have a handful of servers. Blizzard would have incentive to keep those servers active for as long as the player base is active as it’s free money for them. The same will eventually happen to TBC if WOTLK comes out or if it WOTLK doesn’t come out. People in mass are not going to keep playing the same content forever. All are doomed to die if the player base drops below a certain threshold.

Many players I’ve spoken with only play Classic so that it will succeed enough to where they can get TBC. If TBC ever became an official “No”, I think some of the player base would quit. I would quit after AQ40, but before Naxx as I have no desire to be there again. Blizz would be shooting themselves in the foot right before the race to not do it.

They should do TBC.

They should also do Classic+, although I doubt they will.

They should always have these nostalgia bait fallbacks in order to keep subs going in case retail has more poor decisionmaking done to it thanks to investors wanting a get-rich-quick pump ala BFA, which blew up in their faces; but investors never learn.

TBC may be released just so Blizz can witness your head exploding.

1 Like

I only came back for classic to support it so they would see the financial sense in releasing BC. I have no interest in classic. Bring on BC

1 Like

Honestly Classic right now is the only reason I still have a sub, I would LOVE TBC but if Blizz wont fix issues like Pre-mades and also bots rampant in the game it makes zero sense to resub to this waste of time

3 Likes

You only need one or two classic servers to still have a fun community. The player base for classic will split up eventually as everyone but the hardcore will get bored and move onto something else.

There appears to be a huge demand for tbc and it would be a poor business decision to not release it.

I agree, its been a win for Blizzard in terms of subscriptions, I bet they are truly amazed at the player base interest in classic and also in the potential of TBC and shall I dare say WOTLK ! they would need 10 times the servers they have now if they planned that. However I really do wish like I posted above that they make some hard plans to fix the premade problem and also really get aggressive on botting, maybe hand out bans same day instead of waves

Botting has always been a Thorn in blizzards side. They seem to allocate their resources elsewhere besides managing botting.

But leading up to Classic we never stopped hearing how pure vanilla was the best, and supreme version of WoW.

And now a percentage of these people realize they wanted something more.

In other words: you thought you wanted Naxx forever, but you didn’t.

2 Likes

The idea of raising naxx is what’s keeping me playing classic however as I learn more and more about all the consumes you need to farm to complete it, I’m def losing steam. I don’t have time for farm 20 hours a week for 6 hours of raiding

I’m definitely assuming Blizzard leaves WOW Classic servers up. There is a clear group of people who have no interest in playing anything but vanilla, who left when TBC was launched and would leave again (and some head right back to a new rising of private servers, I’d wager).

As for the “chunk of players”:

• there are players currently who play both WOW Classic and WOW Retail. One of the great fears was that WOW Classic would pull a chunk of players away from Retail. Doesn’t look like it worked out that way.
  • there are players currently who play other games regularly. I play at least three different games at any time. Sometimes I go a few days without logging into WOW Classic except to pick up mail. Hasn’t stopped me from playing lots of hours of WOW Classsic.
  • there are players who only ever want WOW Classic. They quit vanilla when the TBC expansion dropped. They would quit WOW Classic if there was no option to never associate it with TBC.
  • there are players who only really want TBC Classic. Some are playing, whether to show support for TBC Classic or to level characters they hope to move to it.
  • there are players who chew content, and once Naxx / phase 6 is out a while, they’ll want something ‘new’ or they’ll quit

Will TBC Classic shift the population around some? Of course. But there is and will be a strong core of players. And, really, wouldn’t your rather be still playing with a crowd of players who, like you, really really want to keep playing an unchanging WOW Classic?

Then I’m going to say “you think you do. but you don’t” for wow classic. WoW classic just happened to be a temp job for most players hoping for TBC classic, and many, MANY other expansions of the game. Regardless, they will most likely have a copy server for players that want to play TBC and a classic server along side it.

There is an option that they had a survey for that was, have the server transition into TBC, but most probably picked a copy, imo, to let people that want to play classic just to play only classic.

Legacy servers are,imo, a good idea. Some people think it doesn’t work, some think it does. But at the end of the day, blizzard would be banking on it.

That would be TBC, bud.

Classic is far easier than retail in most things.

1 Like

That’s exactly how I feel,all the dailies in bc, flying, the imbalance of arenas I dont miss bc. Even tho it was fun I prefer to play classic… if I tend to even try bc might as well play retail at that point

There is quite the logical leap between TBC and Live. Even more so how “imblanced” things are when you compare Vanilla and TBC.

People have some serious rose-colored glasses when it comes to TBC. I could complain about TBC for days.

I was in a thread the other day talking about TBC, the more I thought about TBC the more I don’t want to play it. I think Vanilla was way better than TBC but I’m definitely moving to TBC because Blizzard has absolutely ruined Vanilla with Classic. PvP is terrible, artificial black lotus shortage from megaservers and Blizzard refuses to do anything, undertuned content because Blizzard released with 1.12 talents and itemization, and badly implemented(and just straight up annoying) spell-batching.

The private servers did Vanilla better than Classic in every single way possible.

They’ll spend the entirety of TBC complaining and demanding WOTLK. People ramble constantly about how great the class-balance was in TBC, but in some ways it was even worse than Vanilla.

Mages worthless, Rogues worthless, Warriors largely worthless, stacking raids with 5+ shaman(out of 25), Warlocks being gods, Seal of Blood making alliance Ret Paladins worthless, horde being better at both PvE and PvP(meaning TBC will have far worse faction imbalance than even Classic), and stat-stacking gets out of control, allowing tanks to get more than 100% avoidance.

And I could go on and on.

The only positive thing I’ll say about TBC is that I’m ready for some harder raid content.

2 Likes

Do you have time to farm four hours a week? Because that’s about what it’s going to take.