Why they shouldn't do TBC

Wrath is phenomenal, the only major down side to it is ulduar, one of the best raids of all time, gets obsoleted by the argent tournament loot pinatas. Classes felt unique without their specs feeling like completely different classes. Rotations were actually fun and raids had actual mechanics.

2 Likes

I’m making a Shaman to try out Enhance in TBC but I’m kinda regretting it now seeing how one dimensional the gameplay is. Enhancement in Wrath though gets so much added to the toolkit its nuts. Wolves + sprint, Earthbind mini-freedom, Frost Shock root, Offheals that actually heal, Maelstrom weapon, Hex, Wind shear off GCD. Looks so fun to play from what I’ve seen from vids.

Ah, I see. This is why I asked, to listen to what you have to say.

Some communication about what happens post phase 6 would be nice; however it’s a bit premature, as we’re only on phase 4 and TBC has no details at all. A survey indicates it’s in the works, but that’s all we have at the moment.

They could go classic+ (although I’m not confident they could do it well, frankly). They could do a seasonal diablo type system, with some new servers who progress through each phase.

I dunno, your title is why they shouldn’t do TBC. I think if that’s your perspective, it should really be Why Blizzard should communicate more.

They aren’t going to do anything like that.

1 Like

They should either OSRS it (although I’m not sure they have the devs to do it correctly, or if they even understand why Classic is a good game) or leave Classic alone.

No, they aren’t. But I’ll keep saying that OSRS did it and now they have ten times the players “retail” runescape has.

Oh most likely not.

Tbc is what classic will look like after naxx. You will have the option to endlessly run naxx if you’d like I’m sure, but the rest of us will move on.

Funny, eh? It’s like the Classic player’s version of the Wall of No. No fun allowed.

I think its because tbc had a certain wow factor in its raids that classic never hit. I never walked in a vanilla raid and went wow this place is awesome. Tbc on the other hand though dang we first had kara a raid so great we did it every week even though it rewarded nothing it was just that fun, walking into ssc and seeing the size of it (was basically another entire zone) was amazing, exploring bt and all its hidden little Easter eggs I dont think any expansion has had raids to that impact since

He responded to me, later in. Apparently what he really wants is better communication about what the plan is for classic post phase 6, which is quite understandable.

Just read it. Completely understandable, but it would be a damned mistake to force everyone onto TBC after people fought for years for Classic. Then again… It’s Blizzard.

TBC opening up would probably be the biggest boon to Classic (only) players.

Tbc is alright. Stop pretending it was so great. Resilience was eh. Arenas had their fotm comps and the pvp was just as imbalanced as it was on vanilla, just less burstie. Gl killing any half decent healer 1v1. Atleast in vanilla 1v1 is possible for almost every class (yes even frost mage vs war) unlike TBC.

And the PvE wasnt that great either

Good thing opinions exist. It was fantastic.

As said it was alright. It was imbalanced as hell, specially the HARP time. Not to mention that the sweet spot (gear wise) was s2. By S4 it had the same issue that naxx gear had. The gear was too strong and the pvp was less fun.

Its also just a years worth of content, so the the amount of time till wotlk classic comes gonna be significantly shorter.

I doubt I’ll play TBC. Faction balance is gonna be even worse and I don’t remember enjoying it as much as vanilla.

Might as well go play retail at that point IMO - especially with many improvements coming with the new expansion.

2 Likes

TBC is just a little more content that zoomers are going to digest in the quickest way possible during retail droughts.

Vanilla classic will be fine.

1 Like

If you think that’s 1 dimensional try playing one in classic.

Shamans are awesome in Classic.