Why the New Versatility change means nothing

new stat itemization is pretty good though. I went from 10% vers to 25% from vers on all items, and scaled up to 213 in skirmish gives me 30%.

2 Likes

That’s not bad patch 1 of an xpac.

You should log onto beta war game me and tell me that badge with the 20% more vers doesn’t do both :wink:

1 Like

Gotta have beta to log beta, sad face

I have beta, Sitckirikii is right.

I have more Offensive vers on beta at 213 ilvl 30% btw which won’t even be max ilvl s1 than I did fully gemmed in s3 of bfa.

This season Offensive vers fully gemmed with 0 corruption capped out I think around 32-35% Because of the amount of secondary stats we straight up were missing with chest helm shoulders having 0 secondaries.

Even after the stat DRs the bonus from the trinkets imo will be noticeable.

Testing on beta it feels really good. Granted some pve gear still might become problematic and need hotfixes but rn the set bonus and effects of PvP trinkets feels impactful as hell :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s good to know. Do you feel like stat on use will still be good? Or maybe lean to Vers on use because of the 20% bonus?

Stat on use scales a lot more also there currently isn’t a medallion for vers on use.

Bless you for coming in here

What? How?

My versa:
23.85% (scaled at 213 ilvl, without set bonus)
28.62% (scaled at 213 ilvl, with set bonus).

That’s 4.77%, and definitely not enough to keep most of the incredibly broken PvE trinkets out of PvP.

4 Likes

I’m starting to realize the same thing. If it was admitted that PvE and PvP are distinctively different aspects of WoW then they need to honor that distinction and seperate PvP. PvP will require only the two trinkets and everyone will still need grab all PvE gear.

MAKE IT LIKE MOP OR WOD. HOW MANY TIMES MUST IT BE SAID. DO NOT THROW THIS EXPAC AND PVP PLAYERS IN THE GARBAGE FOR ANOTHER F****** 2 YEARS.

4 Likes

You’re right about the outcome, the result, of this system. But not the cause.

The reason this won’t stop forcing PvPers into PvE doesn’t have so much to do with it not offering a defensive benefit as it has to do with Versa being available on gear from PvE content.

Versa cannot be “the” (indirect) PvP stat as long as it’s found on PvE gear dropped in Mythic dungeons and raids.

4.77% dmg buff to all your dmg/healing not including the actual pvp trinket in slot being used.

Your not comparing a PvE trinket vs 4.77% dmg/healing amp to all sources.

You are comparing 1 PvE trinket vs a PvP trinket that also gives 4.77% dmg amp to all sources. The PvP trinkets gained power with the current scaling in slands.

Not to mention things like soulbinds that grant vers all gain value with the set bonus. Venthyrs 2nd bind last tier gives 10% vers for 15 seconds on I think a 60 sec ICD when you use your class ability. That benefit would go to 12%

Using a 2 min on use badge ive hit 18k chain harvest crits into 17k earth shock crits in a single global because the impact of badge.

Badge / insignia and the 5% dmg amp (213 ilvl) scale with our potency conduits that effect our actual dmg abilities and pair well with CDs.

I think if the set bonus was any higher the PvP pacing would be way to fast and would result in them nerfing our actual class dmg which can cause issues long term.

I think starting at 20% amp and potentially buffing that if needed is smart from the devs rn.

At worst we would still need to see blanket nerfs to PvE items in PvP where they are 50-70% less powerful.

There is zero chance a pvper will be able to go into pve with full pvp gear and do equal damage.

This can go both ways and will just be a nightmare for blizzard trying to keep verse as the main stat for pvp with out over tuning it so it is bis for pve.

This is what need to happen to avoid balance issues and to prevent forcing players to do pve to get best gear for pvp.

1 Like

If vers is on all pvp gear into slands I will because my spec stacks vers for pve.

So glad they fixed PVP gearing issues … oh, wait.

https://imgur.com/a/7kgrnMP

1 Like

What about the other classes that do not. Do you really think they are going to force monks to pvp to get their verse gear? Your class will probably see many changes because of this.

Because you only get the trinket bonus in PVP, not PVE. It’s…really simple. lol

Well not only that but Versa is a really terrible boring stat for the game and PvP. It would be okay “IF” and only “IF” Versa was a 3rd stat so that way we could make builds as intended using our CORE stats. However that would mess up PvE.

No one wants to be forced into Versa and sacrifice making actual builds that are fun with our CORE stats. It’s awful and it needs to stop.

The only fix is to remove Versa from the game. All PvP gear needs to be Haste/Mastery…Crit/Haste… Crit/Mastery then have an additional PvP stat on ALL gear so that way we can ACTUALLY make builds and PvP gear is always BiS in PvP.

This is the only viable fix for PvP vendors ( which they refuse to do ) so SL will be even worse than BFA because of all the new systems and we still have scaling. So enjoy!

This if reality again, is a massive problem in and of itself.

This same problem was rectifed in MOP and back then it was only weapons, and no one asked for it to be fixed, they fixed it anyway because they seen that locking Weapons behind 2200 made it near impossible for people below 2200 to actually get to 2200.

This new idea, of lets put the same failed on one piece system on all pieces in PVP is a LARGE part of the PVP gearing issue.

1 Like