Why the new mount equipment system feels so underwhelming

I just tested 8.2. This is a freaking joke at this point. I’m so done with this game. Ion messed up my game for the last time. GL everyone. They don’t care about our opinion or what we want.

Google it. There’s actually sites out there that keep track of mounts.

Honest to um… Pete. You’d think this was the first time that anyone had anything they did a long grind for got make useless. Like all that armor every new expac. The sad part, it’s still available and useful, unlike that armor and equipment I had to work really hard for starting with MC back in the day. Yeah, I did the grind for the water stider mount back during MoP, long before it was possible to get it easily via Timewalking. And you know what? I’m not bothered by this change at all.

Especially when you figure almost all the rest of BFA is a shoot show. This is the least bothered I’ve ever been by a change.

Nice bites, troll.

So you won’t be sorry when they remove waterwalking entirely after this upcoming nerf? Why did you even bother to work for something you never cared about?

How “useful” is a waterstrider that won’t walk on water? In what way?

4 Likes

Neither you nor I know if the devs will ever do that. Don’t be silly. To be honest, if they keep cranking out expacs as bad as BFA, I’ll be gone long before that happens anyway.

Says everyone that worked for the mount to them that didn’t.

They’ve already nerfed it on the ptr so waterwalking (using the new mount equipment) breaks on falling damage.

You can take it on faith that they’ll leave you with waterwalking after the expansion ends. That’s all it is, faith.

3 Likes

Are you at all bothered by the precedent that it sets? That a blue has stated that if the Sky Golem proves to be too dominant that it, too, will be looked at and addressed accordingly?

That this is being implemented just when we’re about to start the last bit of requirements to finally unlock flying and also when bardings, hoofplates and stirrups will be non-functional is not a coincidence. I anticipate lots of watery areas and areas dense with mobs so that we’re slowed down regardless of whether we choose the water walking mount equipment or the anti-stun equipment.

If all one does is queue for dungeons and raids, or do instanced PVP, one might not be bothered, but for those who are tired of Blizzard micro managing travel and navigation options, this will be detrimental and is a woeful sign of things to come.

3 Likes

I’ll bet you a CoT portal that they’re full of spit.

Goblinoffyre, that’s the way all waterwalking works. It does. that’s not broken, that’s how water walking works. Any damage breaks it. That’s the way it works now on Live.

It does not work that way currently, never has until the ptr.

3 Likes

Guess I’ve always just never used that ugly thing enough then. Cause falling damage happens not on water.

The ability for all my characters to water walk at any time without having to buy a piece of equipment for them. You get one piece of “free” equipment, and a “discount” price on equipment for your alts. I will have to buy back an ability I have right now, that I earned by farming a mount with a special ability.

2 Likes

Mount equipment is indeed a let down and a waste. Everything they put on mount equipment is already in game. What genius thought that taking abilities that are already in game and putting them as mount equipment and then nerfing water strider was a good idea. People did the rep grind just for the mount to have water walking. I use it all the time to avoid things by running on the water to get to WQ. I also use it to get from one land mass to another without having to swim.

It’s bad enough that druids swimming form will drop for no reason while you are swimming along and you have to recast it. One time in a 2 minute swim I had to change back to swim form 4 times. So I started using water strider. Now they want to screw that over? Sometimes I think blizz is done with the game and just trying to find ways to piss people off so they quit and they can bail out of WoW.

4 Likes

copying my post from another thread.

here’s how i see it: most people that farm special-purpose mounts do so BECAUSE they are special purpose mounts. Examples of this are: passenger mounts, water-walking mounts, flying mounts, swimming mounts, vendor mounts, and gathering mounts.

by making the water strider lose its ablity to passively water-walk, Blizzard is removing a mount-type from the game, and taking away players’ ability to choose the right mount for the situation.

(Aquatic mounts are in no danger of losing their innate ability because many of them dont work out of water, and because of this, i’m going to use them as an example.) How many people farmed the sea turtle or the darkmoon skate? how many people camped Posideus, or bought his reins off the AH to get a mount that speeds up movement in water? How frustrating would it then be to suddenly have that functionality removed, and ‘sold’ back to you at the cost of not having the choice of an aquatic mount any more?

What if every one of these abilities suddenly became mount-equipment only? players then lose options of what mounts to use for what situation, and instead have to choose which one situation they want all their mounts to deal with.

What if the Vial of the Sands became a generic drake mount bu you had to use an equipment to transform into your passenger mounts? It’d be cool from an RP standpoint, but you’d now have to choose whether you wanted passenger mounts or any of the other ‘cool mount features.’

my 2c.

4 Likes

Yep, and what will be next? Blizz decides that druids being able to herb in travel form or interact with many of the game features is too dominant? We see druids running around beating everyone to things such as world quest items you have to click on and one could say that is way dominant. I am not complaining because I have a druid and I like that I can do those things.

It’s just stupid that because users actually use the game features blizz decides it is a bad thing. So how about rep grinding? Everyone does that so blizz should remove it so we don’t have to do that anymore.

I am tired of the game dictating to me what they think I should be doing. I do all reps, quests and exploration on one character and that is fine to use as a measuring stick for flying but to then say hey just when you thought you were done here is some more grinding that will take another month. How about they just say they are buttheads and will give flying on this date and leave it at that? None of this fake time gating to drive up numbers. They know that once the goal has been reached people don’t play as much so their numbers go down. It’s the same for every expansion. Numbers go up and then a few months later numbers go down. A new patch comes in and repeat. Know why? Because people do not want to deal with the fake gating of items in game. There is no legit reason to add another rep grind for flying. It should have been given at the end of achievement one.

7 Likes

Perhaps the water strider is a cybernetic organism, connected to the world wide nexus at internet inns vis fiber optic ley lines. Additionally, perhaps The Anglers just released a software update that had a bug.

Excuse me? Jumping off a little hill at the edge of the water causes falling damage. Jumping off a bridge onto the water causes falling damage. If you jump from a high enough distance it will kill you.

I guess your fixation on keeping people from using a mount you consider so “ugly” its existence offends you took over your senses.

2 Likes

Oh Oh now you done it. You mentioned the raft and next blizz will nerf the raft by giving it holes and it will only stay afloat 5 minutes with an hour cooldown while you fix the holes. They take the water strider then people can just hop on the raft and do the same thing but just have to push on the space bar to make it go fast.

2 Likes