Why the level 58 boost is bad for the game overall

Basically, the burden of proof lies in the believer or the person making the claim… they’ll never answer without something that isn’t pure speculation.

It’s more like I’ve answered him so many times and he just adds another question. I actually had no idea he messaged me because he’s literally the only person on my ignore list set to “forever.” lol

2 Likes

Right after all your arguments were reduced to you just being offended for reasons you were unable to come up with an actual in game problem.

2 Likes

You are laughably naive and dumb, lol.

I’d love for you to point out one average AOTC raider who pays $40 for 1 213 BOE. Buying BOEs with the wow token is insanely inefficient and expensive. The only people who even think of doing this are absolute top percentile progression guilds.

You are talking about things you have no understanding of. I think the majority of people in this thread have proven that about you as well.

Boosts benefit regular players more than they benefit botters. Having a second character ready to do dailies and farm is hugely beneficial for players in TBC. Dailies and more accessible and required profession CDs make alts highly valuable. This means more supply with only slightly more demand because most people won’t be raiding with their profession alts. So in the worst interpretation you’re paying $60 for an increase in gold farming. And honestly that’s not saying a whole lot because gold doesn’t really mean that much for the average player.

I don’t think you’re even aware of what bots are doing and why. You probably just think it’s gold selling that they’re doing. And yet they’re doing so much more.

Perhaps instead of being a self righteous gate keeping snob you could actually play the game and participate in progression content.

Haven’t we been answering this questions for the past 2 weeks? Like, why would you completely ignore all the logic and ask that question? LMAO LMAO.

Dude just copy and paste the first comment. I think that guy put way more thought into it than i would.

3 Likes

The point of using hyperbole is to expose the argument that is being used is unreasonable. There is zero reasoning that illustrates that someone that would skip SOME of the leveling content would also be willing to also buy gear. There may be some people who would buy gear as well, but you can’t equate the willingness to do one is the direct cause of the willingness to do the other. You are generalizing the behavior of a few individuals and assigning those same properties to others.

Can you even answer the simple question of how you tell the difference between a boosted and non boosted character?

Yes, that is the common sense in a debate / discussion. The one making the claim should be able to sustain its argument. And since the one opening the discussion on boosts were anti-boosters, I understand it is their place to prove it, beyond reasonable doubt, that boosts are ruining the game.

This person has no capacity to engage in a civil and decent discussion, or able to provide ideas or debate them. It is not worth of your or anyone else’s time. Edit: I am not talking about you, Ziryus.

No, actually you haven’t.

You just kept ignoring the questions and not answering at all. Now you entered the period where you can just say “dude we already answered this come on why are you still asking this” and yet, provide no answer, at all.

1 Like

Good gear is the bare minimum requirement for a good parse, and good parses are largely worthless. Outside of GDKPs you can’t even buy the gear that matters anyway.

For me, leveling 1-58 right now is boring. I’ve done it 4 times already in Classic, and it’s nothing new - I’ll be doing it again on a Shaman, so I couldn’t boost it, but I don’t begrudge anyone who wants to skip it. On the other hand, I enjoy gearing a lot and am looking forward to it.

So, at least I wouldn’t pay to skip gearing.

We still don’t even know if bots and the like are even interested in paying for the boost.

1 Like

Sure I can. If someone would rather spend money to skip leveling because of time constraints or irrelevance or whatever the argument-of-the-day is for the pro-boosters, then obviously those same reasons could be thrown around for other MMO content. Because leveling is a core part of the MMORPG genre. You won’t find one without leveling as part of the gameplay. If they want to spend money to skip a core gameplay element, then surely they will to skip attunements or some other content they deem “iRrEleVeNt.”

Your “hyperbole” was ridiculous and if I was a pro-booster I would be embarrassed to have you arguing beside me.

3 Likes

Can they answer how leveling boosts are actually good for the game?

3 Likes

Sure, you could use the same arguments, but Blizzard doesn’t offer things like paying to skip gearing up. So the entire point just doesn’t work.

It opens up the game to more players, especially those who couldn’t finish Classic due to how long leveling took. It doesn’t skip anything relevant to TBC but lets them join their friends faster.

1 Like

These are called wow tokens

3 Likes

I know :stuck_out_tongue:

These are people who were vaguely offended by boosts for reasons. They were handed a youtube click bait video that gave them some talking points. And now suddenly those talking points are unequivocal fact and the game is doomed because of boosts.

Anyone who disagrees doesn’t need a video because we are capable of proving our own critical thinking to the issue.

1 Like

Yet. You give them an inch, they’ll take a mile. Just look at the cash shop from WoD/Legion to now.

2 Likes

WoW tokens aren’t offered in Classic/Classic TBC in NA, nor does having gold mean you can skip gearing - it does help it, but there’s a lot of pieces that are BoP. This is also irrelevant as it’s not going to let you skip entire tiers of content because you will still need pieces from them and can’t walk into T5/T6 with just crafted gear.

And we can discuss those when WoD or Legion classic becomes a thing.

For now a boost in the context of TBC classic to level 58 is fine.

1 Like

Except there isn’t anything P2W in the shop, and you can’t buy gear. It’s all cosmetics.

There’s gear you can buy that are better than tier sets… You guys are out of your minds! If I level boosted up to shadowlands, leveled up to whatever top level it was, then I spent $2000 dollars in wow tokens and sat there and bought the best gear in the auction house, I’d be better geared than 99% of the player base.

2 Likes

Some random raid BoEs sometimes sure, but not at all. Tier sets got a massive buff in TBC and every spec has at least some desire to get at minimum the 2p, if not the 4p.

Also you can’t buy a full set of gear regardless. Good luck getting into T5/T6 with some greens and blues on.