Why the lack of Customization?

My guess, Ever since the gatekeepers/wowdads attempted to swap Ren’dorei for Alliance High Elves, they been slow walking the fix, eventually The Alliance will have the High Elves which should have been done in the first place since they have been with the Alliance and fought along side the Alliance this whole time, That’s why we keeps seeing all the attention to the exiled Sin’dorei. BTW there were some of us that predicted that this failed solution would never really work since the Ren’dorfei never had that much History with the Alliance or should say as much history with the Alliance and the The High Elves…(imho)

7 Likes

Also anything the Sin’dorei have tatts and jewelry wise the Ren’dorei would have to since they are mutated exiled Sin’dorei. They were Sin’dorei before they were Ren’dorei. and vice vsrsa for Shal’dorei and Kal’dorei or some kind of version of it.

1 Like

i mean why lean into the void and create something new right?

4 Likes

Which honestly not the best feel.

Really wish all of em were ARs… silly cutting out lore and culture for things like Wildhammer and “sand trolls”.

I don’t think Blizzard ever said the troll tones were for any subrace though. Heck the sand troll skin doesn’t even match sand trolls and there are no dark trolls left…

Plus both skin tones are close to jungle troll skins that already exist…

anyways.

Which is fair.

Again my personal is that they should all be separate ARs. I feel it diminishes both by not paying proper care to the lore and story of one in the process and can lead to odd things that shouldn’t be.

No wildhammer for instance would be a mage or warlock… they’ve got a thing against that kind of magic. Also you lose out on racial/cultural differences. Wildhammer should have their stormhammers and racials for gryphons. A wildhammer without either of those things just isn’t a wildhammer dwarf. Its so wrapped up in their culture and story that not having those things and just reducing them to tattoos really feels just… bad.

In this case while you’re right about Wildhammer (and more or less trolls though I could argue that point lets face it most see it as Sand Trolls and Dark Trolls being given) Neither of those cross the faction barrier. None of those got a subrace that allowed in some way for a Horde race to be playable on the Alliance.

I’m not saying that High Elves shouldn’t have happened. I support their inclusion. (still would have preferred a separate AR) I’m just saying I can see where blood elf players could be a little miffed at this point.

Especially cause they got pretty lackluster customizations while the AR based on them on the other faction got a hugely requested subrace.

I too would love a world where we all get what we want. But I’m not going to pretend some folk wont feel bad if thats not done carefully and evenly.

Of course not.

But some wont see it that way and I think for at least some thats valid too.

This will be subjective to the person.

I see where you’re coming from but I’d personally want the races done well and right, with their own racials and cultures represented. WoW is a huge world with many differing cultures and races some close to one another some not. But for me at least those things matter and hitching a culture or subrace onto another already existing race just hamstrings both for me.

Now I’ve spent more time here than I wanted to for just answering what appeared to be a misunderstanding. I’m off to continue working on my thread thank you.

7 Likes

It not that they can create/add what they want, but to take something not Alliance and add it to the alliance, just not to give what the alliance asked for is pretty petty.

1 Like

The same could be said for blood elves when they were conceptualized as fel users.

3 Likes

Thanks :slight_smile: Can’t wait to see what new options void elves will get in the future. They are a magic user race, rune and magic tats would fit them. Alleria tats too cause they look nice :wink:

2 Likes

Most of the Alliance High Elf discussion is done now anyhow, they are slowly walking the High Elfs back into the Alliance under the guise of Ren’dorei, their stubbornness and egos just keep them strapped to the Ren’dorei title. We will see full looking playable High Eleves or very close to it in the Alliance in a few years. Which makes sense, they been there this whole time with the Alliance anyhow, no matter what their population or title is, (imho)

8 Likes

…“one day high elves were gonna have to get a facelift too”

…“we were exctied to relook at the high elves and attempt to do something with them that to our knowledge has not been done in pop fantasy up to this point, theres all sorts of other cool worlds out there right”

…“i dont think anyones abused high elves to this degree”

…“let me tell you a little about them… blood elves are our high elves”

so blood elves arent just high elves they are OUR high elves from WC2 and 3. they were conceptualized as the high elves but with a new edgy twist, but they are our high elves. meaning high elves are a horde race and thats why youre playing an elf called a void elf. they were never going to undermine this story for your fanfiction and 6 easter eggs and let you be ‘the high elves’

its weird listening to this now how the alliance were weary of them. that night elves could smell the ‘demonic taint’ because of the fel energies they were constantly exposed to because fel was used to rebuild and hold silvermoon together and they were still pondering if they would be kill on sight by night elves. but now they accept void elves, so wow lore is officially a joke

4 Likes

I would also look for Half Elves playable in the Alliance in the future, since High Elves have been living among the Alliance this whole time and for some reason those High Elf woman those human men.

Would be a cool story if a faction of Half Elves that broke off from the Alliance joined the Horde in the future, though don’t think there would as much friction with that like there was with Alliance High Elves.

1 Like

Nah man. Alliance gets the traditional Half Elf.

Give Horde the Half Orc Half Elf.

But which half of the Elf would you play, the top half or the bottom half? Seems like an ambulatory pair of legs would be difficult to play. Or would you be split down the middle lengthwise?

1 Like

Hey Im all for that to. Whatever make the player happy and their experience more fun.

While that is a minor dream of mine I suspect half elves would be paired with Mok’nathal?

I don’t know hard to tell.

I Play my Alliance High Elf which looks cool with all the Quel’dorei items you get from WOTLK content, never was interested in the Half Elf Concept or playing a half elf or Halfling.

On a side note, any chance you can pass along the suggestion for some more void-y looks for Void Elves?

For instance, I’d LOVE a grey/black skin tone, like the Night Elves got in Shadowlands. The current skintones make us look like Violet in Willy Wonka, which is the only reason I switched to a natural color.

Literally all I really want is a grey/black skin option. I’d gladly use that all the time.

3 Likes

At the very least, with the tentacle removal if they could also have the option to add tentacles to the hairstyles without it. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

My nelves don’t trust the void elves. I have no control over the “lore” though, so.

5 Likes

Ugh, anyway.

Neat additions! Can’t wait to hop on to the ptr :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you thank you thank you and the team all soooo much for these options, especially loving the VE options :smiley: they can finally be High Elves on Alliance!

Honestly, hope you get your wish for BE Druids someday! :smirk_cat:

9 Likes