Why the lack of Customization?

It being copy+pasted content isn’t a problem though, you guys are just acting like it’s a huge cost of resources and effort for Blizzard, when it’s not

So hopefully this means both of the Worgen threads are being looked at:

I get that your looking at Allied Races and am happy Nightborne aren’t going to have to wait the 10 years Worgen did to get some love, but Worgen really could use some love as one of the most neglected races in the game.

14 Likes

Well speaking of allied races zandalari could use some facial hair (as well as darkspear) and blue tattoos golden eyes.

Pleaseeee take it to account these bare faces are itching for some facial hair.

5 Likes

I disagree.

What High Elf players wanted was an Allied Race that had some visual distinction in the model from Blood Elves, but were still recognizable as High Elves. What they wanted, lorewise, was to play as the Alliance’s High Elves, such as the Silver Covenant, and not the grape flavored Blood Elves that Void Elves became. That one still boggles my mind to this day, that Void Elves came from Blood Elves. What High Elf players wanted was an Allied Race with it’s own appropriate class selection, maybe some new class options to demonstrate them moving away from where the Blood Elves are. Racials themed around that divide from Blood Elves (such as a meditation racial, making that old RPG snippet more canon).

In the end, High Elf players did NOT get exactly what they asked for. They got compromise after compromise so at the very least they can pretend they’re playing a High Elf from the Silver Covenant or Allerian Stronghold or (insert any Alliance location with a population of High Elves).

High Elf players have been willing to accept a compromise, hoping that it can be made more complete. High Elf players have been asking for low effort additions such as copy/pasting existing assets, in order to not take away resources and development time from other races.

Compared to what actual new customizations every other race has gotten, High Elf players have been asking for crumbs, and hyperbolic statements like yours make it sound like they’re childishly demanding a feast.

16 Likes

I kindly request…

• Glowing Hands option for the Nightbornes (Nightborne NPCs)
  • Release all Lightforged Draenei Heritage armors, undo the mistake with the sets and give the race the correct heritage mount colorization
  • Release the Heritage Weapons for the Nightborne and Lightforged Draenei. It’s about time. No more gatekeeping.
  • Release all the other Expedition transmog sets as well. There is not a single reason to gatekeep the weapon recolors and shields.
9 Likes

you know another easy thing to help differentiate void elves from blood elves could be a white sclera. right now what ever color you pick for a blood elf is also reflected in the sclera. but we have had npcs of this race in game with a normal white sclera prior to shadowlands where they started changing the eyes. as well as in out of game official blizzard media. this ones pretty easy imo

they have brown eyes here also. they should be back to the normal range of human colors, would love to see their selection expanded. the white sclera is extremely minor but could add a little more to differentiate in that department from the void infused elves

2 Likes

Exactly!
:pouting_cat:

3 Likes

They can’t and won’t, but telling lies about us just keeps the hate going.
btw…had to get a new alt to like postings. This is my BE main. :hugs:

2 Likes

Sure.

But void elves got a subrace out of that copy paste.

No other AR got anything close to that. Most got a jewelry option.

Like I said though. It’s fine if you don’t see it the same way.

OK.

:man_shrugging:

Raw numbers don’t tell you anything useful with customizations in my opinion.

If you just separate minor things you can greatly increase those options without adding anything of value.

What if say Tauren had their hair and fur separated?

I just don’t see the point to holding that numbers game up as useful.

That’s just my opinion though.

Like I said above. Entirely fine if that’s not how you see it.

4 Likes

Disagreeing isn’t harassing.
You need to get a better dictionary.

4 Likes

Yes.
Think this should be added to the Blood Elf thread.

1 Like

i like your hunters name

2 Likes

:clinking_glasses:
I do enjoy my wine.

2 Likes

Meanwhile Dwarves and Trolls both also got subraces. Arguably trolls got multiple subraces with their new customization options, and those were new assets as well.

Void Elves are in this weird situation where it was a race no one asked for, implemented at the expense of a race that had been a long-standing and popular request. The options were to either add yet another elven Allied Race to the Alliance based on Thalassian elves, or do do what they were doing with Dwarves/Wildhammer Dwarves and Darkspear Trolls/Forest Trolls/Dark Trolls/Sand Trolls. Only difference being, all the assets needed for Void Elf/High Elf already existed.

Is there value in multiple visual thematics in a race? Absolutely. I’d like to see every race get every possible visual thematic. Whether this means the possibility for Chaos Orcs, San’layn/Dark Rangers, Felblood Elves in both Blood Elf and Nightborne options, or even Leper Gnomes and Lightborne Undead like Calia, or Nathanos-styled undead.

What happened with the Void Elves isn’t something that should be frowned upon, but should be used as the case going forward to open up even more options we might otherwise never get.

12 Likes

I approve of this message. :dancer:t5: :dancer:t5: :dancer:t5:

1 Like

I think what blood elves are requesting is a sense of identity. As void and blood were different before the cosmetic changes were given to void. So to the BE community we lost what made us different. We just want our hierarchy that exists in our society to be able to be represented in our customizations.

-farstrider
-magister
-blood knight

Giving us distinct options to show off these aesthetics would go a long way for making us feel unique and whole.

9 Likes

Worgen are in the same boat with our human form that most don’t even use/care about in the fact we have nothing unique that puts us apart from Stormwind humans. As Ive said in the Worgen post something simple like making Gilneas humans doing the Waltz dance the human model would be something but right now there is nothing that tells you a transformed Worgen player isnt a human other than to look at your UI and read Worgen.

3 Likes

NICE!
i hope we can have Blood elf’s hairstyles too!
and fix the male Void elf hairlines please !
might add the pink haircolor too? “cough"cough”
Thanks <3!

1 Like

There isn’t really a problem though. Void Elves and Blood Elves are still different.

The problem, which is something many Blood Elf players have repeatedly said in the past and some even continue to say today, is that, “Blood Elves are High Elves.” So, Blizzard deciding to finally make High Elves accessible to the Alliance means that Blood Elves will lose that visual distinction, because by their own admission, it’s the same race.

The argument Blood Elf players presented to get blue eyes has essentially turned on those who wanted visual distinction. Unfortunately, hindsight would tell us that all those Blood Elf players that wanted visual distinction should’ve been supporting the earlier High Elf request, which would’ve included different models, different stances, different hairstyles, etc… Instead so many players opted to argue, “Blood Elves are High Elves, deal with it,” and Blizzard replied, “Well, the people have spoken, let’s give the Void Elves all the assets Blood Elves have since we’re adding High Elves to them rather than making a new Allied Race instead.”

It’s unfortunate we’ve come to where we are. No one is 100% satisfied or happy. Like I said, Hindsight is everything, and part of me wonders if Blizzard had any inkling of how things would turn out if they wouldn’t have just added High Elves instead of Void Elves at the end of Legion, and whether or not Blood Elf players would never have become so caught up in this whole thing that they’d even care beyond being happy at the chance to kill the traitors that committed such atrocities as the Purge of Dalaran.

Instead we’ve got all this animosity between players.

I hope Blood Elves get new thematic visuals, Dark Rangers and San’layn at the very least, so that they can feel they aren’t somehow inferior to an Allied Race. Truthfully, right now they aren’t inferior, but the fact so many Blood Elf players feel that way is a problem that needs addressing.

2 Likes

honestly i think creating jewellery that doesnt even stand out on transmog took more time then drawing farstrider/magister type tattoo lines

4 Likes