Why the lack of Customization?

Listen. I am all for you guys to get that. I think it’d give more accessibility for people to RP as that and make your own enjoyment of this game.

At this point, I don’t want anyone to keep gating others from getting what they want. I think the best option to move forward to make this game healthier is more “what can we do to allow more players to enjoy their customization”

At the end of the day, glamour is the end game.

7 Likes

This is great news, change in hair color would make my void elf more like a high elf, who he RPs as.

2 Likes

iT’S StIlL NoT a HiGH eLF

It’s still not a Wildhammer.
It’s still not a Sandfury troll.
It’s still not a Grimtotem.

Can ya’ll get some common sense, please?

23 Likes

Since this thread is back on top may I remind y’all trolls still have no beards or true green colors? Mabye some Amani and dramatic thick boi body types? How about you add the customization and stop holding out on us.

2 Likes

If you’re aiming your venom at me, the person I was replying directly to complained that they showed the hair on void elf features. Stop. I won’t entertain you.

It’s a Mag’har, Humans and Wildhammer situation. Subraces and clans within one race if you know these races’ lore.

The Void Elves are officially High Elves now, if you take certain options.

10 Likes

This marks a decent start, but I haven’t been blown away by any of the additions they’ve made to the Nightborne. On the positive side, the change to the eye shape does dramatically improve the female Nightborne’s resemblance to the Nightborne we were presented with in Legion, but that’s all I’m positive about with these additions.

I hope the developers realize that the state the Nightborne were released in puts them in a far worse position than other allied race as their issues lies with not being portrayed well visually, not just in having very little customization options.

Male Nightborne

The problem with the male Nightborne player model is that they’ve been given scowling, old, wrinkled, haggard faces as their default and sole form of expression.

• Male Nightborne need youthful face options, with varying features such as a slim, straight nose, defined cheekbones, as well as the purple eye shading that the Nightborne NPCs have. No under eye bags, smile lines, forehead wrinkles, or scowling faces
  • Fuller hairstyles with appropriately youthful hairline that encapsulate the Nightborne’s identity of being regal.

Female Nightborne

As with the male Nightborne, too many of the customization options express an “old” appearance; advanced hairlines, gaunt cheeks, and smile lines.

• Female Nightborne need a fully “youthful” face option that is completely without wrinkles, smile lines, or undereye bags.
  • Female Nightborne need fuller hairstyles with appropriately youthful and full hairline that encapsulate the Nightborne’s identity of being regal.
    *Using embellishments (crown/tiara) to cover up an advanced hairline is not appealing.

Both

• The quality of existing hairstyles needs to be improved. The current Nightborne hairstyles all look flat, low quality, and without any texture.
  • Varying hairstyles featuring wavy and braided hair features.
  • Arcane hair and skin effects featured on the NPCs would be a great addition that would also bolster their appearance.
13 Likes

Beautiful work for Void Elves, we finally get the High Elf and Half Elf fantasy’s on the Alliance. Thank you so much.

One thing though, Void Elves need black hair.

Void Elf NPCs have it but players can’t have an actual black on their Void Elves. And it fits both the Void Elf and High Elf fantasies.

I would also like to suggest that you with the Tentacle Toggle that you have the option to add Tentacles to hairstyles that do not have them. Making it the equivalent to Night Elf vines.

17 Likes

Holy hot damn.

Thanks!

Good for both Void elves and high elves.

21 Likes

These LFD options are so good :weary: (I’m living for the bubble gum pink hair)

Please consider adding onyx skintones for them in a future update :yellow_heart:

Thank you!

8 Likes

People misunderstood the BlizzCon “promise”. They said there would be more customization “IN THE FUTURE”. They didn’t say “next patch”.

Yes it’s corporate speech to “yeah maybe one day but just wait” however, it’s not “no never” like if you asked “will the game be free to play in both base expansion purchase and play-time?” as that’s their monetization model and has been since forever

I was so excited about the hair colors that i didn’t notice that they will be adding a tentacle toggle lol. This keeps getting better! Is so good to feel positive about wow again :slight_smile:

6 Likes

FOR THE… ALLIANCE!

22 Likes

Hush. The additions that is show is very well needed.

I can only hope that with ptr next week we will see more like with the magic glow on the hands that a lot of the Shal’dorei have in the game. That will, be perfect and I already have my own custom mogs made in game now in preparation to show off the new options :hugs:

I am BEYOND elated and just blown away and grateful but would it also be possible to add a white and black hair color? There are so many NPC’s rocking a black hair color and even in our reveal trailer and white just fits a void elf so much <3 Thank you!!!

14 Likes

:rofl:

I see Void Elf players in regards to customization still have not changed. “I am beyond grateful, but please give me more and more.”

At this point, they need to add a color wheel to this game for hairstyles so every race can have any color hair they want.

8 Likes

So first off Blizzard. Thank you for hearing our requests for new hair colors for void elves that are natural. Secondly thank you for hearing our requests for tentacle free hair styles.

But could I ask if you could please look into adding brown/brunette, and pure black natural hair color options to void elves? It would mean a lot to many players and hopefully not take too much effort. Thanks again for your efforts.

11 Likes

Linxy THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! FAINTS
Can we also have a Black hair colour for Void elves too?? Last request for a really long while, I promise!!

17 Likes

Thank you so much for these new customizations across the board!

The Lightforged jewelry looks amazing! Can we void elves get some pretty jewelry, please? Like that lovely tiara hairstyle?

7 Likes

Yess!!! <3 Do you think it’s going to remove them or color them in and replace them with hair texture kind of like it does with that female velf with black hair?

1 Like