Why the lack of Customization?

I noticed this too. I have no issues with people disagreeing with my suggestions and requests but to use the same arguments that were used against them, the one that was invalidated the moment void elves got high elf customization, seems strange. They didn’t like or accept this as a valid argument but are using against others?

That’s actually a good strategy, Drede. I won’t stop asking for dark rangers and I won’t stop supporting customization threads for other races either. Everyone should be allowed to be happy and ask for what they want.

Never noticed this until you brought it up. But I did notice that the subject of denying Dark Rangers suddenly popped up after the San’layn debacle.

I’m happy that you’re happy. More void customizations for void elves! As always Luoren delivers great suggests for Void Elves.

Uh-oh what did you do? :stuck_out_tongue: Naughty, naughty.

I’m sorry Avarie. I suffer from depression and a variety of other problems too. I hope you feel better and that everything will be okay with your dad. :hugs:

PLease, Blizzard.

I think that’s a great idea.

8 Likes

There’s been a number of posts on the 9.15. PTR forum but I think this thread gets the most traction since it had official blue post response.

2 Likes

Indeed. I’ve noticed that customization threads sometimes are inundated with off-topic posts that I assume are intended to keep the thread visible on the first page. It’s not productive to the conversation and could potentially make the gathering of feedback more difficult for community managers.

If we had a dedicated subsection with official stickied threads, a lot of that could be avoided.

2 Likes

Some are out for ‘revenge’ and some are antis who hate the idea of Undead Themes for Blood Elves and a good chunk are just trolls looking for new drama.

Good.

Tentacles for All Hairstyles, Void Eyes/Hair, and Alleria Markings!

And maybe some Starry Stuff!

They do a really good job.

Hopefully they make a compellation tweet so it’s easier to post all their ideas.

6 Likes

You will be missed <3

6 Likes

As of now that’s why I find it important and why I assume so many others often repeat themselves every so often / etc

1 Like

So much this, yes, I couldn’t agree more.

Aw, sending good thoughts your way :frowning:

Yep. Some outwardly say that it’s sheer pettiness and only want it because it’s a horde request, too. Sigh.

Cheers to that. We’ll run into people disagreeing and having different opinions. Which is entirely fine if it comes from a true place of genuine opinion, not petty stuff. People will argue lore concerns against me and ‘we don’t want to see them villain batted even more’ which is entirely valid.

Yeah this all began after they got high elves. Luckily many high elf fans aren’t like that (appreciate it folks) or even would like to roll a Horde San’layn (would love to see your characters if we ever get them, everyone who does like the idea of the vampyr!)

Big hugs, in that boat too. Well I think you’re a wonderful person with super bright ideas and have brought up my mood on more than one occasion. Sure these are just forums but I’ve made good friends here.

Which I find really odd because while I’m friends with many ‘antis’… I simply… am not one? Because I don’t mind if they get high elves? And my friends understand this while respectfully disagreeing, too. I also disagree with many about the faction barrier as I’m pro-ending-factions or neutral options. But… we disagree with complete respect is the thing.

So I don’t even understand why those of us who want this stuff are suddenly the topic of attention, I don’t think I ever spoke out against high elves other than agreeing that ‘yeah, some people will against it and have those opinions. Those opinions are entirely valid. The opinions against San’layn are too, if not for petty reasons. We disagree but can do so nicely’. Some of us get really passionate and into it but… I was never against high elves while at the same time just not being interested. If they were ‘thunderforged’ or whatever, then I’d glance over with interest, though. Those who know me by now however understand that I like more wild things.

THIS.

4 Likes

I certainly didn’t arrive at my stance overnight but I’d say the second compromise that gave VEs skin tones was what changed things for me, when I started seeing a huge gap in what BEs had left and people unwilling to let BEs catch up as they keep basically pushing for VEs to get attention with nothing more than a shrug and bad vibes.

And to me I have no problem admitting when I was wrong and I think the people who fought for Blood Elves to retain visual uniqueness from the beginning were always right, because Blood Elves have lost visual uniqueness with nothing to show for it, and words of support for BE options from the same people who advocated for visual uniqueness to be stripped from Blood Elves is all fine and dandy and yet there’s still nothing to show for it.

5 Likes

Yeah, and we’ve talked about how our priorities are entirely different, and how we’re on polar opposite ends of the faction debate. But we do so respectfully and such like that. I’m not a fan of some members of the community (which is an understatement) but I do have friends who also do adore them and are very nice, so. I just have had bad experiences with…well you know all of the story, don’t need to repeat it here hahaha.

5 Likes

People kept going on about a Lann squad but we need to form the Avarie defense force in case of

Joking aside I’m always sending positive vibes and thoughts your way :hugs:

3 Likes
2 Likes

I’m in, just saying.

2 Likes

Then there’s a HILARIOUS subset of elitists who scream at everyone who want customization and it’s just flat out pathetic. Trash opinions like that are the downfall of this game.

“ME FIRST ME FIRST GAMEPLAY ONLY THOSE WHO LIKE TO COLLECT AND ASK FOR THINGS THEY WANT ASIDE FROM GAMEPLAY ARE WHY THE GAME IS FAILING!”

The irony is? It’s that exact player leading to the downfall of the game. The shift to only satisfying the 1% who waste all of their time mythic raiding caused the game to nosedive because other communities that actually have an ounce of creativity were neglected. (not saying all mythic raiders don’t, but the toxic elitists definitely need to let the door hit them on the way out.)

10 Likes

It’s not just the 1%. I can’t tell of how much of an invested player you are but the gradual shift to Ion’s vision and conditioning the players to enjoy less and work more for what they want in the given environment (world quest finder Legion > BFA > SL, enemy placement/scaling, massively increased gradual EXP-level requirements at certain levels and so on) has been very evident during Battle for Azeroth and they continue this trend also in Shadowlands with the removal o the flight whistle and expanding world quests in several stages. There are also smaller EXP-nerfs everywhere so you cannot “cheat” your way up easier if you level a character.

I could go on and on about these changes we find disruptive to the quality but we all have seen how many people have left the game already. These days I’m more active on AD because Draenor-EU took a significant population hit although it’s the biggest Horde-server. At least you can see on RP-servers some story content quality happening.

The ones doing this where probably the ones who never wanted San’layn/Dark Rangers. There was a good chunk of the antis who where against anything that took away from view of “Pretty Elves” (Lightforged Elves…) or people who where just trolls pretending to be anti’s.

If I where to guess, it would be because High Elves happened and now they see that San’layn/Dark Rangers are really a possibility. Or they are trolls searching for more drama. And of course the petty people who want “revenge”.

Eah, there’s a number of people from both groups that rub me the wrong way.

I know at least one anti who’s REALLY pushing for Red Eyes for Void Elves… Not for the Void Elves sake at all either.

And a supposedly Pro who literally said they just want revenge…

And someone who wanted to rub High Elves in peoples faces…

Abd so on…

These people will likely never change.

Customization is evergreen. More valuable in the long run.

Starry Hair! Starry Eyes! Starry Tattoos! Starry Weapons!

2 Likes

There is bad of all worlds. It mostly just comes down to the person themselves.

I know both of who you speak of and have both on ignore because I don’t have either the respect or tolerance for them. Anti is doing it because I’m not against high elves and therefore super evil, therefore ‘oh I support being petty’. They are among the most obnoxious people on the forums to me here.

4 Likes

Anyways,

Red is a void colour.
Red eyes for void elves.

Expand their void kit and give them a popular fantasy trope they cover 90% of the aesthetic on as of .5 anyways, and expand on the void kit that the game’s presented since Vanilla.

Or are we going to pretend the Emerald Nightmare didn’t happen in the lore just as much as the Sunwell raid didn’t either?

Already got like 5 Alliance San’layn characters prepped to go for the launch. One’s just missing his eye colour.

It isn’t “theft” if it’s something a race doesn’t even have in the first place.
Wanting something that fits the aesthetic of a race isn’t trolling.

Ya’ll need to grow up.

Gosh, don’t remind me of these. But it just mostly comes down to the individual. After all, we all have disagreements with each other, and we all have something that we truly want, but some people just go above and beyond to troll.

But honestly, even with people disagreeing with each other, it shouldn’t go further than a disagreement. But some just make it there job to go further than a disagreement.

Wait, I don’t think that last line made much sense, but someone should get what I mean.

The eye colorization really depends on what you play in the end. In BE-terms it means several different lore-based flavors, for Void Elves it’s just another colorization.

Grudges are part of the problem. I have seen regulars disliking people on both sides and part of the problem is that certain individuals play the long disruptive game by lying and deceiving. If you step outside the bubble for a moment you will see how idiotic these elf wars are. If I would speak of for myself, then that the younger generations are too wired for internet interactions with the lack of critical thinking and having resourceful approaches. The easiest way is only a temporary solution to problems.

4 Likes