Why the lack of Customization?

I also got extreme bad flashbacks of people who try to justify actions of people who do bad things to people who walk by or pass by based off their own inability to be good people. Literally from the moment the scenario became an example of someone walking by someone else on the street.

Like people who go around telling people to “smile” etc

1 Like

If any race deserves customization attention after the next update it’s the Kul’Tiran male. I tried to make one the other day and it was the most pathetic customization options I’ve seen. I’d say they deserve the first look out of everyone.

The aforementioned you listed isn’t provocative. It’s the same sentences Lann re-states over and over as the potential to be provocative (this is what I think Blast was commenting on).

My comment was to Blast only, even in my responses to Lann, and you, afterwards - notice I don’t comment on your interpretations, I don’t say your guys’ responses/interpretations are wrong/right for example. I also say in my reply to Blast his is irrelevant to bring up.

We can’t choose what people will say, nor how others will react to it. Hence why I said everyone is responsible for their own behavior.

My nightborne OC is going to look fantastic.

Best looking elves alongside velves definitely.

Yeah. Hair tentacles in some hair styles and blue colour skin doesn’t cut it.

A few options for Floating runes and tattoos doesn’t cut it either.

Both races should look very insane and special IMO, is just the nature of the power they took.
Plus this could help expand the lore of how these forces work on an individual in itself. If the void is good maybe some mutations are good with it beyond just power. Same for the light, why a race that already believes in it needs to be more forged.

1 Like

Right. Sometimes you do nothing and still people will have a reaction. Hence everyone’s actions are their own.

That’s why it was irrelevant (or unnecessary is probably the better term) for Blast to bring up. Despite me getting what he was trying to say.

There is no justification in harassing others because you or others can’t handle dissenting opinions over pixel elves.

For me thats not something to pat on the back like “yeah I get what you were saying here”. But like you said we’re all responsible for our own actions so if this is the stance you have you’re entitled to it of course.

1 Like

Of course not and that’s not how I interpreted it.

You interpret it differently from me but you’re implying I interpreted it the same way you did here. I said already that’s “putting words in my mouth” behavior.

I am going off what you’re saying, which does in fact sound a lot like what he was saying as well.

Do you know why I don’t like this analogy, because where does it sound so familiar I wonder? It’s almost like I’ve heard it before and not a good take to have.

2 Likes

I just don’t see any passion put into either of these races that are supposed to have distinct themes from their base race. LFD snipes a lot of customization from Draenei that should have gone to them from the get go as well so I’m not really overly enthusiastic that they have any ideas for LFD Light themes. Like you said, there should have been a mutation of some sort for them. Splintered horns instead of the basic 2 for instance would have been something to explore. Someone mentioned a Light hoof print where they walked, honestly anything. All they that is truly unique is the tattoos. Everything else should have been something the base Draenei had since their implementation.

Void Elves don’t have any expansion on their Void themes at all with no new hair styles to expand their own theme + tentacles or w/e. The Starcursed themes are by far the best requests I’ve seen for Void Elves and seem like a complete no brainer to add to expand on the Void themes.

Best thing about LFD is the pixie hair cut. That’s really all I’m looking forward to as well as the darker skintone they’re acquiring. Neither are really unique for LFD vs. Draenei though.

1 Like

Yeah, this very much gives off “what was she wearing” vibes to me. Whether it was intended that way or not, it’s very much putting the expectation on the victim to basically control an abusers reaction.

3 Likes

No you’re not. Because as I said to Avarie I haven’t commented on your interpretations of what he said. My sole initial comment was only to Blast himself.

You jumped in and interpreted what I said differently than what I plainly stated to him.

I could’ve been more thorough but I don’t wanna go super into detailed example over what is essentially you yourself are only responsible for what you say/do, but you never know how someone else is going to react to it.

I mean you are literally doing that right now with me.

Saying that everyone is responsible for their own actions is not putting blame on the victim.

Not entirely sure what you mean?

You don’t condone the behaviour but you blame the victim of it?

What was done to Lann was against the CoC and in many places in the US is actually an illegal action.

It does not matter what side of a debate you are on. Doing something knowingly wrong is a bad thing.

Nothing about Pixelated Elves is important enough for you to be giving the people who have done these things a pass.

Having differing opinions is one thing but actual dangerous actions against a person is a wholly different thing.

It would be infinitely better if folk would stop trying to cause a ruckus. I’ve seen many trying to do so since well before Lann came back and your little decision here was a poor one to blame Lann for the actions of another.

Most of the society supposedly didn’t know they were demon infused crystals allegedly…

Not sure how the people in that society missed the giant green burning eyes… but that seemed to be the case. lol

This.

I want to say its in chronicle…

I’ll support Troll beards into my next life.

This.

At this point I just want them to show new void elves actually being made. Show us the process and that the result comes out with either Blueberries, high elf looking folk, and a mix. So that everything is obviously canon to full fledged Void Elves.

I think my favorite ones are the Highvale. Small community eschewing magic for the most part and getting in good with my favorite Dwarven Clan? Sign me up…

Yes. All of this.

I gave up arguing the point.

People will read into those words as they will and there is clearly not a lot that can be done about it.

Its just standard Blizzard speak for we don’t want to answer the question but we also don’t want to say no.

I agree with this.

But I do want to say the very nature of warlock (and I think I mentioned this somewhere above earlier) is that of a caster who is generally going against the grain of societies. They’re in it generally for themselves and using Fel is a way to power considered taboo by most.

I kinda think Warlock could work for every race as a result.

But I do agree the High Elves as a whole don’t have a place where they would study warlock magic most like.

Now I think on it I want that to be explained for Void Elves too… Do they still feel the Sunwell?

Because the cause doesn’t matter dude.

The action that happened was wrong in of itself. Full stop. Nothing Excuses it. Not a single thing.

They’re more than one class. There are some rogues and wardens among their number and lorewise they’re actually just dead elves who reclaimed their bodies. Otherwise they’d be banshees (or wisps) cause thats what elf ghosts tend to become.

Not to my knowledge actually. I did look around to make sure as that would violate the CoC which the LoQ discord abides. (and I wanted to head off any further drama there and otherwise… ) Generally speaking the LoQ does not bring up the forums and does a fairly good job policing such things.

At least while I’ve been a mod.

I agree with this. Its just going to go in circles clearly.

Thank you Drede. That is an excellent observation as well. I keep switching it to Hunter but yeah among elves ranger is a grouping of classes.

Sure.

I draw the line on moral, legal and CoC breaches though.

Very nice.

That Albino option? That for every race? That would be cool as all get out.

Yes please.

#giveworgentails
#giveworgenuprightposture
:wolf:

With respect, I do not agree that this is true.

Beautiful!

A nice clear pink perhaps. :stuck_out_tongue:

I wouldn’t mind that either.

I prefer Kain. >.>

Actually I think I prefer Janos…

I do hope to see some nice things for them in the next few patches. :anchor:

Athair watch over you and Tidemother guide you.

8 Likes

Not sure what line is to be drawn. My statement means no one deserves harassment, regardless of what they say/do.

To interpret it any different is idk at that point :man_shrugging:

Good lord, this post is extremely long but everything directed at me I support, agree with or at least feel that it needed the instant like. :blush: :blush: :blush:

1 Like

Right down to a scenario about things happening to people that walk by which is what left me in shock.

The implications are broad and the scenario is also eerily close to people who defend victim blaming in other areas.

Which is why something like this is so much more an important message to get across in situations.

Kain #1 in my still-beating heart.

If you had only said that, we’d be in agreement. It’s the talk of reactions. What’s your proposed solution? That people aren’t allowed to disagree with high elves because we don’t know what might provoke people?

Yeah, I was EXTREMELY disappointed about the LFD options. Nothing plays to in their fantasy.

Splinter horns. That’s quite interesting.

Right now as they are LFD feel like nothing more than a hurdle that separates Draenei customization. Almost everything they have, normal could have and wouldn’t be an issue.

They made new tech for nightborne to glow, but that feels like such a no brainer for the actual “light” race.

Giving me a reason to care for both draenei in different ways would be welcome.

The one thing I’m looking forward is one of their new haircuts as well. And the talbuk for paladins which should’ve come in Legion.

Otherwise I don’t think they even got new hair colours that are interesting.

Speaking of which, glowing hair for lightforged would be a welcome adition too.

I’d like that too ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

3 Likes

Pretty much. I’ve hated the implementation of LFD since the start because of how many customizations they stole from Draenei. I actually hate that I have to play a separate race to get the HD customizations Draenei should have had from the beginning.

Truly a disappointing ‘’’’’’’’’’‘race’’’’’’’’’’.

1 Like