Why the lack of Customization?

Oh so we should had gotten nothing this patch?

It is a pass bruh. A 2nd one at that.

Basically. But they certainly didn’t stop there lol. They want the tag changed, paladins and other things too.

/inserts mandatory half elf comment here.

6 Likes

Why? Nightborne and void elves were added to the game at the same time in legion.

Velves don’t even got a new idle stance. Literal blue blood elves with recycled options.

Right? night elves have all the problems nightborne have, the difference is they are alliance so devs don’t care, they will never get fixed. Alliance is a dying faction, yet devs keep with their bias towards the horde.

2 Likes

Its a touch-up, like the first one. A pass involved new assets and expanded options.

Speaking for myself I’ll be happy for hairstyles High Elf NPCs use, and the option to customize Entropic Embrace, including the ability to turn off the visual effect entirely. Heck, I’d give up that little 5% DPS/Healing increase if I could toggle the entire racial off.

Being able to select a different tooltip for the race would be nice, and benefit a lot of other races as well. Paladin would be great too.

2 Likes

I’m curious to know, do you also feel that male Night Elf faces should be modified, too? Are you ok with having one decent face and then a bunch of other hideous ones?

5 Likes

Not modified since I imagine some people enjoy the older faces (my DH here actually has one with the scowl). I would just want a toggle for the scowl and new younger/handsome faces.
If Dath’remar can look young and cute when he was a nelf then we should be able to as well :sob:

5 Likes

void elves got all these things because the loudest people on the forums screamed for them. they wanted copy and pasted options from blood elves and this is the result

12 Likes

What I like about Draenei, especially male Draenei is that most of the faces are neutral expressions. I think there’s like two or three with angry eyebrows but they look fine compared to the Nightborne and Night Elf scrowl.

Honestly wish they gave more neutral faces to all the different races. A lot of them either have extremely angry or peppy when I rather just have one that’s like this -

1 Like

Not quite. What the High Elf community wanted was High Elves as their own Allied Race, with a different model, different animations, different racials, heritage armor, racial mount, appropriate class options, etc…

What many in that community (I count myself among them) have done is to instead settle for a compromise in which customizations are added to Void Elves to the point we can immerse ourselves as High Elves. Speaking again for myself but echoing a sentiment I’ve seen from others in this community, we settle for copy/pasted options because that reduces resources and time that can be used to make new customizations for other races which need it more.

We wanted something new. I’m content with what we’ve got. It’s what I’ve asked for since accepting the compromise, even if some of what I’ve asked for hasn’t been made available yet. Nothing to do but keep asking and waiting.

9 Likes

or as a void elf resembling Alleria. :ok_hand::purple_heart:

4 Likes

New assets; new hair colors, tenticle toggle, ear length.

It is a pass. Also blizz don’t do touch ups, due to how they handle art design colors (they repaint to colors then add it to the game)

Big no.

You choose void elf, and it’s a big part of being a void elf.

Roll a blood elf.

There is 0 benefit to the race here and would harm the lore more then anything.

2 Likes

The nightborne could take the velf model and give the velves their model.

2 Likes

3 Likes

What’s new about these?

Hair Colors? Pre-Existing assets.
Tentacle Toggle? Nothing added, just an option to remove pre-existing assets.
Ear Length? Pre-Existing assets.

It’s a touch up. A pass is getting brand new assets, new categories for customization, etc. Warpaint, scars, jewelry, etc…

According to Blizzard I can be a High Elf using Void Elf so, Big Yes.

How do you figure? High Elves already exist on the Alliance.

4 Likes

Lol, yes, lets do that since they keep acting like it’s so great.

3 Likes

Not many actively asked for a new model. I know, I was one of them. Since the skin colors were given to void elves most high elf fans found that to be good enough and started pushing for more belf assets to just be swapped over, and even before that many high elf fans said they would be fine if velves just got belf assets added.

I was one of the very few that never wanted void elves to be a full substitute for high elves. It has helped no one. Belf fans are unhappy, a lot of velf fans who like the void theme are unhappy, and even the ones who got the assets they asked for to be helves on velves are unhappy, even with blizz continuing to cave to requests.

13 Likes

Yeah, I wonder how much they would cry if they got the wonky unique model and ancient or weird faces for their high elves while the nightborne get an actually good model and faces. I’d be fine with such a trade.

4 Likes

Why even have a trade to begin with?

Every race should look good. I don’t get why Nightborne players are suddenly getting targeted. Makes me suspect trolls are on both sides just trying to keep the drama going endlessly.

3 Likes

Yeah, the velf we really need new options own of us :confused:

1 Like

I don’t know, people seem to be obsessed with getting the nightborne treatment and telling the nightborne players to be happy about getting a bunch of new faces that look terrible and no work on the model just because it’s unique.

The same people who got the model they asked for, with the skintones they asked for, and the hair colors they asked for, who are now crying that they wanted unique stuff all along and acting jealous of the nightborne.

7 Likes

Speculating here, but my guess its more of a perceived double-standard. Nightborne requests were universally approved for so long while the High Elf community had a constant uphill battle against another community, and even commentary from the head dev that got weaponized pretty frequently. When the High Elf community finally got a compromise in the form of skin colors, well, the dynamic changed. The people who once told them they couldn’t have a new Allied Race and should just ask for options on Void Elves were incensed that they got options on Void Elves, implying they didn’t want that either and only suggested it to try and prevent the options from ever happening. So, the tactic changed to, “You got your skin tones, be happy and stop asking for more,” even though those in the community whom were willing to accept a compromise felt it wasn’t anywhere near enough.

Fast forward to today where Nightborne finally get their customization and aren’t satisfied. They ask for more (rightly so I might add), and everyone is perfectly happy to agree to that, whereas Void Elves get more, still aren’t happy (again, rightly so), and are told to stop being selfish greedy little manchildren and give someone else a turn (as if we players have any input on who gets options and when).

I will say it’s childish of anyone to play gatekeeper or decide someone else should be happy with what they got, and that goes for both sides. Nightborne deserve better and so do Void Elves, Worgen, Goblins, etc… every race deserves better.

I think we both know they did want unique stuff all along, but settled for the compromise.

9 Likes