Why the lack of Customization?

Wow, but I’m not surprised they would. They’ve been that way towards Void Elves for years. I hope Linxy does notice these interactions.

I still can’t understand how sharing art from artists makes someone behave that way.

6 Likes

no clue what you are talking about but im glad it was called out for fanfiction

Neither race has tattoos in their selection. With that logic no one gets new things cause they’ve never shown up before.

Blood Elves have farstriders, its been a long requested thing for them to get WCII tattoos from their rangers just as much as it has been for High Elf fans, and Void Elves have Alleria who literally is the only non-demon hunter elf with tattoos assiting with leading them…

Let em both have the darned things.

(Though I still support differences between them where Blood Elves get thicker more WCII era ones and Void Elves end up with slimmer more wavy ones like we do see on Alleria.)

Alleria is a Blood Elf and High Elf warhero from the Second War.

The Blood Elves didn’t forget their history. jeez.

Only cause Blizz didn’t give anyone any of those things… o-O

With that logic… No one should get any of the things they’ve requested.

Can confirm its the void elf beard called Anchor.

yes there were. They were called high elves then and some still are. Many of those who fought are blood elves now though. It was just a name change… no one forgot who they were…

4 Likes

Alleria is not a Blood elf.

Those are high elves. Looks like you don’t know blood elf lore.

Again when did I mention emulating Blood elves?

However she’s clearly not a hero for them now. And she has never been a blood elf which is the point.

I mean, yeah they never gave blood elves any of those visuals in any capacity. Not WC3, not reforged, not WoW, not even the belf skins in HotS.

6 Likes

The name change didn’t happen until WC3 is what I’m stating. Anyways though that would be falling into Mag’s pedant territory so I won’t discuss that any further.

I wholeheartedly agree it is customization that should go to both for sure.

2 Likes

lol now youre spouting this stuff too? did orcs, trolls and tauren not tat up because it wasnt an option until shadowlands?

high elf fans are playing blood elves and have been for 14 years. if you mean lotr fantasy fans then i understand where you are coming from fen

im sorry but why? we have pure high elves with blood elves. thats why they share the same model and look like ‘high elves’ because they are high elves

are blood elves going to get a single void customization option? it makes as much sense as void elves cosplaying as nature loving farstriders

and we have a distinct void flavor version now too. so why not more tentacles? why not more ways of emphasizing the void? why not more distinctiveness between them now? looking like an easter egg is more then enough and everybody knows it

you dont know high elf lore. high elves are blood elves. i should have mentioned spoilers like ion, sorry

and before you strawman yes. high elves are blood elves. thats what it means when the overwhelming remaining high elves are blood elves to the point that alliance populations always mistake ‘high elves’ for blood elves because of their extreme rarity in their territory

Who knows when darkspear will get another pass. Zandalari are next in terms of allied race customization so we can only hope for them to get beards.

And darkspear should get a uprightish option as well. They don’t need to go full zanda but just something not so bent over that ur belt clips in ur stomach.

4 Likes

the new options for nightborne are okay, but blizzard is still ignoring all the issues with the nightborne model. bugs that have been their since bfa new ones on the ptr and for some reason almost all the new faces have this ugly scowl to them its frustrating because it still feels like blizz ignores any feedback

12 Likes

So any hero from the past isn’t a hero anymore? Come now.

What she did in the past is still important. Hell Lor’themar says its the reason he even entertained her in the first place.

Still don’t see where you can claim they wouldn’t? Just because they haven’t had them doesn’t mean much… Alleria being unique is nice, of course but she doesn’t really lend much credence to the idea.

Its silly to assume that cause of a name change Alleria has somehow changed in the perception of the Blood Elves people.

Now her currently siding with the Alliance and becoming a Void based creature probably didn’t do any favors but the Blood Elves show in their heritage quest that they give reverence to their past.

Shes a hero to both. Just right now shes also their enemy. (except not cause ceasefire…)

Aye.

Though like I said I’d love to see a minor bit of distinction in design there.

What I’m saying is restricting it cause they haven’t had it before and therefore its not part of their “design or theme” is not useful… There isn’t any good reason they shouldn’t have it.

And this isn’t new from me. I’ve always supported Farstrider style tattoos for both sides.

Yes and I’d bet every one of those you label as “lotr fantasy fans” have also been playing their blood elves sans the option.

I still play my Blood Elves for the fact that they’re where the high elf story went and I’ve always been a fan.

We both know full well that they have, on both sides, been requesting this stuff for ages though. No reason to pretend otherwise. Thats why everyone is so tired of high elf threads…

Cause those particular tattoos are valid for both… Either because one simply has the organization or because the other has the only elf with those tattoos in game right now.

Now like I said I want them to be different between the two but whatever.

What do tattoos have to do with nature? The organization uses them but thats about as close to being about nature as they ever were.

I have no issue with that and you know that.

Hell its why I suggest a difference between the two for farstrider tattoos in the first place.

Keep being loud good sir.

Trolls need some beards darnit.

9 Likes

Just going to point out that you really need to learn how to distinguish the difference between enemies and allies because Fen is a really good person and most of this post from you directed at him seems highly uncalled for.

5 Likes

I’m pretty much going to only be wearing glasses on pretty much every character from now on.

4 Likes

seeing a farstrider tattoo on a blood elf(high elf) means they serve(d) in a very specific organization. they mean something to the farstriders they are service related tattoos or even marks of honor. they could mean anything from kills or achievements. their permanent reminders of good/bad times

ultimately, its culture appropriation from the blood elves. literally tattoos using symbols and elements taken from their culture by individuals who have no clue what they mean because they never served as a farstrider. and i say that last bit as a matter of fact because farstriders ARE intimately bound to the wildlands. there is no way a nature loving farstrider is going to seek out the void elves

the line is when someone copies the exact cultural and traditional symbols of tattoos. i would consider farstrider tattoos tribal like. and tribal tattoos should only be done by members of the culture and tradition of that ‘tribe’, and no one else

like i said void elves have as much right to represent this as blood elves the void aesthetic, alleria should be updated and the easter egg option is there. now we can make them distinct

The glasses are nice. I started incorporating them into a few outfits, but I probably won’t use them on most. Still it’s great having the option to!

1 Like

Nope High elves are not blood elves. No strawman needed simple facts.

Blood elves changed their names, customs and style. And they have never portrayed with the old tattoos/paint.

I know you showed a hunter icon, of a belf wearing camouflage, for he camouflage ability. Which is the most you can show for anything similar in Blood elf culture, so not really convincing. Otherwise Blizz has always depicted the blood elves going through a big stylistic evolution.

Too bad their own players want to live in the past for some reason.

Velves meanwhile, definitely not Blood elves at all now, but at least have a reason to emulate the never changed Alleria and other High elven stuff preserved by the ones who continued being high elves and are now their friends.

11 Likes

then they dont need to steal anything more from blood elves

and yet they dont

orcs neved tatted/warpainted it up either because it wasnt an option with wows ancient character creator until shadowlands :woman_shrugging:

your logic

Imgur

it says they are here too even before you can log into the game :thinking:

It’s such a shame too. That face with the freckles would actually be really handsome without the awful scowl. Both NE and NB need their lips fixed

3 Likes

I personally don´t want the same art design from your famous NPC, I think Blizzard artist can do better than to continue the copy-pasting game.

Fen very kindly posted art features a friend of us in the Belf thread very kindly did -using the current Horde races´warpaint inspirations-. You guys feel free to keep your cute puny little color line on the eye and any iteration of that; for the Belves I rather get something more robust, more in line with the “savage” feel of the Horde (after all, they are the race that has had to deal with the gruff Horde races for a decade or longer, something probably has rubbed on them).

WC3 alpha had the Farstrider units with the literal same tattoos of WC2 ranger units, just colored in red, lul. Also, as I mentioned above, sure they can get a different aesthetic like the examples kindly done by the poster Izzabelle using the current Orc and Troll warpaint options. It fits perfectly precisely because that design is more “Hordish”, and the toons look waaay more menacing -which is something that seems quite the requirement as far as the Horde lore is concerned-.

The bonus is that with that prerrogative, both races get the chance to access a bigger color palette than “CoPy ThE aRt AnD LiMiT tHe CoLoRs” BS. If a Velf player wants to use yellow, let him. If a Belf player wants to use blue, let him (ffs, the Frostwolf clan´s tabard is BLUE… this color of warpaint for the regular Orcs should be implemented yesterday, period).

The Sunwell Trilogy manga retconned this -also reforged is basically updating the art features of WC3, ergo… limited by the same color palette as the original.

Also, letme remind you turquiose -a shade of blue- is pretty much part of the Icon of Blood so… sorry not sorry, nothing in the acanon lore establishes the Belves -who didn´t even had enough to eat as per “Blood of the Highborne” decided to make a complete makeover paintjob for the lols.

Let´s leave this kind of headcanon BS out of the discussion, ne?

The key word is “special units”.

Under this premise Orcs shouldn´t had gotten scars considering Thrall was scarless as of… right now. And Humans shouldn´t had gotten make up, etc.

I´m pretty sure you guys won´t want to play the “muh special unit!!” game… precisely cause that game removes a TON of potential stuff for you people, starting with the runic tattoos (cause we have TWO sources of official art for those, Rommath AND the tbc artbox… you? ZERO.

How did this pass went for you guys as far as color palette is concerned, again?

Believe me, the less we ask, the less we will get. I believed you people had learned the lesson.

The design, it´s literally inspired in different languages (I´m not sure and I´ve procrastinated about asking Metzen in twitter, but I suspect the language on the rune on the TBC artbox may be something “inspired” in Eltharin. I´m not sure what is the language or symbol system that inspired the N´zoth rune stuff though).

Dear, considering Alleria is the ONLY toon using them -none of the other Helf NPCs, not even Veeresa- has it, we could say it´s basically an Alleria only thing and guess what? We both get screwed!!!

I repeat, the less we play the “muh faction exclusive NPC” game, the better.

Also, you and Magni are blind cause that “Survival” hunter icon? Yeah gals, two-thirds of the face are painted (let´s be even more frank: the “Farstrider tattoos” aren´t such, that is glorified warpaint.

You are welcome, Fen. XDXDXD

But let´s be real: Magnificent for some reason wants the literal same art design used in Alleria -why? no idea. As a dirty Belf fangirl, I vastly prefer the mockups done by Izzabelle, I think those give a more rugged and menacing vibe to the Belves -and after the serial jokes that relegated them to airheaded barbies, yeah, I think i want an actual semi decent and NOT mysoginistic portrayal for my favorite race for once!!!.

4 Likes

It’s a new day so friendly reminder to give Blood elves red eyes

16 Likes

And the whitish gray skintone and the freaking tiara toggle!! We can wait for a future customization for more robust stuff like the runic scarifications, the magical feathers, the warpaint, etc.

But these 3 tiny things could and SHOULD happen ASAP considering time devoted for the Belf pass was used on Velf stuff, period.

9 Likes

Yes! I made a thread about this and I’m sad that it died, lol.

5 Likes