Why the lack of Customization?

They need more shoes that covers the feet then beards :stuck_out_tongue: for trolls

Also half elves and mok’nathal needs to be playable…

Also model toggles and sub races when blizz?

What do you think about only giving the Darkspear Trolls the beards for them not standing upright?

“Everyone” should expect more sharing of customizations between Void Elves and Blood Elves.

They are both Thalassian elves.

Yes, void themes for Void Elves, I still want my permanent glowy skintone/skintones. :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

And pink hair color. :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

Not all customization options would always apply.

Many void based options don’t make any sense on blood or high elves for instance. Some differences are to be expected.

Nor is there anything bad in wanting some difference to show that the two cultures have gone different paths. What I suggested above for farstrider type tattoos for instance. Where the belfs get one design scheme and velfs get another.

Especially when the end result is what people generally seem to want. Velfs getting Alleria styled farstrider tattoos and belfs getting a callback to WC2 with theirs.

Sharing is fine, but that doesn’t mean it always has to be shared exactly.

Again though not everyone will be into that. Which is also fine.

6 Likes

Not all of course, just a few that match both like the examples below:

• farstrider/ranger, runic tattoos.
  • new natural colors of skin, eyes, hair.
  • eyebrow sizes
  • damaged ears

These customizations will necessarily be shared between the VE/BE.

11 Likes

What exactly are you talking about? The voidy hair styles (without the tentacles) are plug and play. Give it to the Blood Elves, they deserve this.

2 Likes

I personally don’t see why they need to be the same or why void elves need runic tattoos.

Arcane ones maybe nzoth runes sure, but the runic is very ingrained in blood elves. It’s in their old tbc art.

For me personally I don’t want to see that transferred over.

And I already suggested what I think should go for farstrider/ranger tattoos. Some differentiation and otherwise the same thing.

? What skin tone are we missing or do you just want more shades?

I don’t think all eye colors should be shared myself. Green gold and red for instance should remain blood elven.

Though here is a nice red void eye color that’s been suggested in my thread…

That said I do want to see more eye colors for both void and blood elves.

Kinda not sure why these weren’t in the first pass honestly. lol

Like I said folks will feel differently. Nothing wrong with that mind.

I’m not talking about hairstyles generally… o-O

Blue skin for one.

Tentacles at all. Speaking of the hair though they really need to do something for those holes caused by the removal. (And hopefully give us tentacle options for our hairstyles that do not have them yet.)

If they ever add many of the things requested in my void elf thread I imagine many of those would be difficult to deliver to blood elves.

6 Likes

I have some ideas for Kul’tirans!

We’ll start with the easy things:

Scars separated by head and body and more of em.

Tattoos, obviously nautically themed, separated into body and face.

Not to mention blind eye options for both sides and with all eye colors. Also heterochromia options for all eye colors.

Drust and Tidesage tattoos as well.

More hair styles, hair colors, eye colors and beard and stache options.

Thin model and regular human model toggle. (We do see Kul’tirans of all three sizes regularly so why not?)

Now lets move on to some less likely things:

Drust body modifications, scars showing some drust like magic seepin through.

Glowing eyes for Drust magic and Tidesage magic. Give us some interesting water glow affect for the Tidesages maybe?

Perhaps a model toggle for less belly since some folk seem to think that makes us stronger somehow.

Peg legs, Hook hands and so on.

Lets get some nice things for the Kul’tirans in a serious and helpful manner for all sorts.

Athair watch over you and Tidemother guide you.

:anchor:

(And since I double posted technically and I want to be upfront. This is a Fenelon alt.)

12 Likes

Again, I don’t consider that to be a reason at all lol.

Same as pandaren and vulpera except you keep pretending they do because for you druid lore is simply animal god nearby = druid.

They don’t fit it though.

Also lol at “you don’t like pandaren” when I’m literally defending their actual lore and their monk traditon.

Just admit it, you acually don’t know or understand druid and the animald gods lore and you just equal animal to druid, like many others do.

I can’t help still wanting the purple/pink eye color on both sides, same with stuff like the burgundy hair color, then again I only one like/want one thing here and there so I’m not sure that’s the same as sharing like sharing but still. :yum: :yum: :yum:

2 Likes

And the LFD reason for you is “I just think its neat”.

Actually I think it just gives them a convenient excuse. At least they have a link that could be used easily and without effort on Blizzards or the lores part.

LFD have nothing.

Except they do.

Your claim that it would somehow change any of that is bunk.

I know druid lore just fine… you on the other hand…

And no I don’t think animal = druid. Both Pandaren and Vulpera have a pretty darned good chance for consideration for druid. I also think that Wildhammer have a good shot at it given their culture and the concepts they tend towards.

Hell I’m not even particularly against Void Elves getting it through the Nightmare… though I think thats a long shot and would have to be done carefully on Blizzards part. lol

Meanwhile you literally stuck up for the one race farthest from Druid ever (LFD) while kicking another race with access to actual potential because for you, you seem to think that animal = druid and you don’t like that concept.

Also I do want to note I don’t mind anyone who wants druid for their race whatever the race. Just gets my goat when folk claim there is no lore where there obviously is (Pandaren especially but also Vulpera) and then turn around and claim this has more validity when there isn’t any lore (LFD).

Purple and Pink are good for both I think. Though depending on your point of view of colors they may already have that. lol

Many of the Void Elf haircolors I think should be able to be shared. Nothing wrong with the wine, blackish teal, or even those grey silvers.

Blue is a little harder to justify I suppose.

5 Likes

I have given you examples of customizations that could be shared, that does not mean that they will be 100% identical (only Blizzard will decide).

:wink:

Nothing wrong with Void Elves and Blood Elves sharing “High Elf customizations” again as they are both Thalassian Elves.

2 Likes

New shades of blue / purple (high elf).

3 Likes

Fair enough. lol

… Wait… that doesn’t answer the question…

When did I learn french?

(I kid)

Aye I agree with that. Though there can easily be differentiation. As I said.

Most of what I was just saying is I don’t like to generalize. lol

I don’t think you and I have any real issues or disagreement here. I think we’re just going in circles at this point.

Technically I think the blue and purple count for both. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well in the case of the any of other colors I might be okay with that depending, I just personally want the pink/purple eye color and the burgundy hair color shared between the two races so that’s what I always focus on. :wink: :wink: :wink:

1 Like

It’s my translator, I need it sometimes! :sweat_smile:

Yes :+1:

I won’t mind if later the Void Elves only receive void customizations, they will also be “usable” to make a High Elf with what we get in patch 9.1.5.

2 Likes

you people are never happy with anything are you? why do you need so much customization anyway? most your character will be too covered up by your armor, so why care about something you can’t show off?

Aye. It was neat to see. :stuck_out_tongue: been awhile since I’ve actually read french.

I’m betting we’ll get a mix of high elf and void elf options when our “void” pass comes. At the very least some things will be able to crossover for either grouping regardless of what they were meant for.

9.1.5 is a good start. Hopefully down the line after everyone else gets some work done we’ll see Void Elves get a full void based pass and good things will come for both out of that.

I’m also really excited to see some new stuff for Blood Elves.

I don’t think Nico’s the one you want to shout at honestly… hes pretty tame in that regard.

8 Likes

This, plus Nico supports almost everything and anything customization wise that people want and that’s not all people not just certain races.

3 Likes