Why the lack of Customization?

To be fair, before their announcement of adding new things to the nightborne they essentially had 3 options to choose from in each category. There was hardly any diversity at all
That’s not to say night elves shouldn’t get things to add to their look/identity- I think they should as every race should- I just wanted to point that out

12 Likes

Of course the Nightborne are going to get the regal options you associate with the Highborne; the Nightborne identity is undeniably Highborne, and they maintained their identity as regal, luxury-loving elves for 10,000 years.

The Night Elves, on the other hand, embraced a Druidic/Priest life. The Night Elf leadership quite plainly have a disdain for the era when the Highborne reigned, and have purposely distanced themselves from that culture almost completely. Why then, do you suggest the developers make available options that are anathema to the identity of the race you’re playing?

As I said to another user, customization options in large part are meant to encapsulate a race and inform their identity; to say that the Highborne are a minority in Kaldorei society is an understatement, and in-game, the Highborne don’t really have an aesthetic that can really be attributed to them.

If you wan’t more jewelry, ask for options. Besides that, you already have the blue skin and golden eyes you need to pretend to be Azshara.

6 Likes

No, of course not. We’re asking for the Shen’dralar options to be playable.

Golden eyes isn’t a highborne option.

It is important for other reasons but they are not highborne related.

11 Likes

Please show me in-game examples of the Shen’dralar options Night Elf players are being denied.

1 Like

Why?

Its more than enough that people want to play with options that represent a section of Night Elven society that has yet to be shown off. In fact its been mostly ignored by the devs since they used them as an excuse to give us a new class in Cata.

We’re not taking your precious Nightborne options. We want highborne ones for Night Elves.

Wouldn’t even take much. Jewelry that shows some arcane look to it and a few tattoos to represent them, a more purple eye glow for arcane influence.

14 Likes

You can’t show me them because they don’t exist. The Shen’dralar are a shabby group of Highborne stragglers that were the playthings of demons and satyrs in Diremaul. They’re also pretty much indistinguishable from your run of the mill Night Elf, and they certainly aren’t regal.

I prefer customization to remain accurate to lore. The Night Elves suddenly embracing the culture of the Highborne, a culture Tyrande as recently as Legion still held a hatred for, would be very inaccurate. If Night Elves want to look less unkempt and have more jewelry options, they should absolutely lobby for that, but let’s not push it.

4 Likes

Linxy did you see the Void elf hairstyles made by Faebelina?! The tentacles are woven among the braids and the bun! https://imgur.com/a/mf0OSaH

9 Likes

I have to disagree with you here because this should go to Nightborne not Night Elves, Night Elves already have white, blue, gold and black eye colors and Nightborne only have white.

Not to mention Night Elf females have the second most customizations currently right behind Orc males that have the most of everyone, it’s shocking to me that it’s always Night Elf female characters complaining about how they still don’t have enough somehow.

4 Likes

They’re indistinguishable because Blizzard never distinguished them.

Such things are extremely recent…

This argument doesn’t work. Sorry.

By this logic blood elves should get nothing to denote farstriders.

No. I wont ever agree with such a disingenuous argument.

Tyrande has continually been at odds with her people and certainly the players.

There is no reason for a culture to follow the idiotic viewpoints of their leader especially when that same leader has several times flip flopped on them. She was the one who allowed the Shen’dralar into night elven society in the first place.

Regardless its a look and options players want.

Those eyes should go to both.

Night Elves are also still missing their green from Malfurion.

Number of options is a useless way to judge who deserves what in my opinion.

The impact is far more important. Regardless its what some players want and they’re going to request it.

14 Likes

Sorry but I still disagree with you, purple eyes need to be a Nightborne only thing not a Night Elf and Nightborne thing.

Again I disagree with you because when you are so far ahead of certain races with customization options and you want anymore it just looks greedy and selfish.

2 Likes

You can disagree with me and I accept that.

I’m not asking for it immediately. Got no problem waiting, but you’re damn sure its on my list of requests.

Why do you want a customization that’s not actually part of being a Night Elf and more of a Nightborne thing, you was already explained earlier today about that so I’m legit curious why you and others are trying to push for something that’s not yours.

Because its been ours for a long time? Shen’dralar were in Vanilla onward and joined us in Cata.

I’m not asking for Nightborne options.

I’m asking for some minor additions for Shen’dralar. Something I’ve been asking for for as long as I’ve been here.

I want those things to be very much of a different design than the Nightborne ones. I’ve gone over it several times when its come up in high elf threads actually.

6 Likes

Night Elves aren’t high class, they don’t have any connection to arcane outside of a small hidden group, I mean the whole point of the difference of Night Elves and Nightborne is one of us is high class and arcane based and the other is more based in the druid and priest life so no, they aren’t the same at all so yes you are trying to infringe on something that’s not yours.

4 Likes

If we’re being honest, essentially any color eye glow associated with a cosmic force should be given to all races that can utilize that cosmic force.
We have several examples that show that when mages for example tap into their various magics, their eyes change to glowing a representative color.

I do agree though, Night Elves should get more Highborne/Shen’dralar customization.

2 Likes

Don’t lose your time responding to this person, they are always trying to gatekeep highborne customisations for night elves.

Should i join the chorus for more high elf options for void elves then? I’ll do that since they are the closest thing to magic elves alliance have. I bet you are against that too, right? We have highborne since cata, it doesn’t matter how big of a group they are.

Go for it, I’m not here to control what you are doing or saying, I don’t however have to agree with you and I’m not the only one that’s going to disagree with you so.

2 Likes

I’m not interested in Nightborne options. I’m interested in Shen’dralar ones.

The Nightborne have changed their society over ten thousand years. They’ve taken what the Highborne started as and gone way farther.

Highborne do not need to be the same things and since we’ve had em since Cata they are entirely valid.

Purple eyes is just an elf thing with arcane. Shen’dralar fed on mana for ten thousand years. (technically fel actually but Blizzard left that a little muddled with them.)

I respect you feel differently.

This should only be done within reason.

Shen’dralar focus on arcane. Purpleish eyes valid.

No one in Night Elven society focuses on void magic… so no voidy eyes.

Naughty is a friend and I am well aware of their interests in keeping blood elves, and nightborne unique. Its a viewpoint many share.

We do not all have to agree.

Try not to see it as directly hostile.

This though.

7 Likes

Who cares if you agree or not? When “disagreeing” with customisations worked for you? Void elves are the proof that blizzard listen to what players want to see added, and not what the players of the opposite faction don’t want others to have. Highborne customisations make sense for night elves, and i will be here asking for it, until i get it, or stop playing.

I wasn’t talking about Naughtymoon. It was a nightborne player.

5 Likes