Why the lack of Customization?

You’ll literally grasp at any straw… :yawning_face:

There was a formerly bridge connecting the Nighthold to the Temple of Elune (Tomb of Sargeras). The only reason the Tomb of Sargeras wasn’t inside the bubble was because it was sealed off and submerged to the bottom of the sea.

Did you not know that Suramar was the former hub for worshippers of Elune? The architecture featured in the Temple of Elune and Suramar are one in the same.

3 Likes

I’m not going to try to keep proving to you what the lore was as you’re ignoring it entirely, especially in a customization thread. Please do remember that there were no alliance or horde back then. We have nothing to disagree with because the bubble is clear and if you did the questline, you’d know this. Even watching that video shows. I’m not grasping for anything.

We’re not enemies here, so you don’t have to continually say I’m wrong just out of spite. So have fun with this argument that shouldn’t even be I guess. I loved nightborne immensely in Legion and I still do now.

11 Likes

The architecture may predate their becoming Nightborne, but to claim that a people who in all probability built Suramar as well as its former Temple of Elune, somehow don’t have ownership of the ancient architecture that appears only in Suramar, the Nightborne capital, is ridiculous.

3 Likes

Please take a look at Nazjatar or the ruins of the court of farondis then. But really. This isn’t the place to “debate” lore that is already set in stone.

Nighborne were Night Elves. They didn’t suddenly pop into existence. Just as Night Elves were dark trolls. Even blood elves stem from this culture. Again, I love these characters and everything about them. I love this game, and I assume you do too. There’s no reason to be opposing forces.

3 Likes

video starts off: 10,000 years ago, my city was radiant, the jewel of the night elf empire.

hehe

13 Likes

Linxy, we miss you, sweetie. Come back to us. We won’t hurt you.

In this instance, you’re not debating lore, but falsely claiming that either of these locations bares any similarity to Suramar, which they do not.

The reality that you, and many others would like to ignore is in every sense, the Night Elves of today are completely divorced from their Highborne past.

10,000 years ago. Now it’s the jewel of the Nightborne empire. Tee-hee :blush:

4 Likes

true. still, was built by night elves. hehe

8 Likes

I hate all this elf fighting. I wish factions didn’t exist :sob:

8 Likes

Here’s my Nightborne wishlist:

• Fully youthful face options for male and female Nightborne
  • Modified hairstyles to improve their appearance
  • Improvement to jewelry appearance
  • Improvement to luminous hands option to include hand outline
  • Improvement to tattoo visibility
  • Eye color options
  • Expanded hair color options

Who went on to become Nightborne! tee-hee

4 Likes

And you’re ignoring all points of lore ever existing by claiming things that are entirely false. Am I claiming they still live the same way? No. Were they at one point the same people and night elves became nightborne? Yes. Honestly, I do hope Linxy peeks in from time to time. I can still hope for nightborne players to have nice things and not be absolutely crass about the topic.

Honestly though, I’m going to mute these responses because there’s no “good faith” about them, as people tend to request.

7 Likes

I applaud you for still putting up with the many people that grasp at straws because these days they just get added to the ignore pile for me.

4 Likes

Do we really have to act this way? “My friends are always right and can never be wrong.” Please just read the lore. That’s all I ask.

11 Likes

Pretty sure I wasn’t even talking to you so please don’t talk to me unless you want to end up ignored.

3 Likes

You don’t have to be snippy :confused:
They were replying directly to me when they stated this.

2 Likes

It’s dirty work, but someone has to do it.

Also, your Nightborne looks fantastic with the 9.1.5 additions. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Thanks for that and yeah Nightborne are in a much better place than they were previously but they still have a long way to go to be as good as NPC Nightborne.

I’m still much happier with this character than I was before the patch though so I’ll give Blizzard that much. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Upon updating my nightborne’s appearance I noticed that most tattoos are barely visible. The luminosity does need to be increased a bit. All races should have multiple eye color options. I also checked all of the faces and most of them have either heavy facial creases, wrinkles and eye bags or all of these together. Most of the hair colors are so light that (At least for me) I can barely tell the difference. The hair texture (though this is actually true for couple of other races) needs work as does the jewelry.

I also updated my void elves and noticed that they only have one page of options to choose from as opposed to the other legion ARs. They should get all the same categories as the other races have at least. I suggest all of you void elf fans really start pushing for more Void options.

I even made a lightforged draenei. God, I love her pink hair and ivory skin, but wished they had darker skin tones, especially onyx to contrast with the beautiful gold accents. They also should have more eye colors than gold and brighter tattoos.

10 Likes

The amount of stuff I want for my Forsaken toons… omg the scary factor potential on them is truly amazing, and just as baffling how the devs basically ignored all the things they could have implemented for them in the core pass.

A link to a thread very much underserving of the ignore it gets from both posters AND devs alike:

I think something like the Night Warrior tattoo effect would be a good option (you see, a slight silvery focus over the regular tattoos of the Nelves).

Which race you meant, NB or Night elves?

Cause I absolutely oppose of glowing hands / hair for Night elves, that´s plain NB stuff and should stay as such. Not even Aszhara (the most Highborne elf to even Highborne) had this effect on her body.

Factions have nothing to do with this. And players have a right to their opinions, even if those aren´t in line with the opinions of other posters. You can rest asured the people I put on my “ignore” pile was put there cause we would have never ever agreed on anything and I just got fed up with their aggravating BS. And I´m absolutely convinced that people that put me on their ignore list had pretty much valid reasons to do so too. And that´s not a big deal.

Sometimes when people can´t get along the best course to take is for them to simply cease any attempt at interactions, no more and no less. And whwn this happens, other people shouldn´t make a ruckus about it as if this was actually relevant for the discussions, period.

Tl;dr: nobody has to be friends with others, the only thing we all must do is to be respectful towards each other, period. And sometimes to get respectful interactions one has to cease them with some posters, no more and no less.

No big deal.

THIS. 100% in agreement with all this.

Stuff like jewerly needs a HUGE color palette for both the metal AND the gems (at the very least Blizz should provide the same 7 base colors we have available on the Jewelcrafting profession ffs) so they don´t end up becoming “wasted assets” because they break tmogs. Eye and hair colors need a ripcord so every race can access any color available, cause after watching Velves effectively emulate the hair colors of Belves to argue hair colors are “part of the race visual identity” is nothing but BS. Scars too should ve available for all races as a toggle cause this is WARcraft and frankly, I think I´m not the only one that desires proof of the many battles my toons have had to fight in almost 2 decades of gameplay and God knows how many of lore.

4 Likes

Factions have everything to do with it. Many of these disagreements probably wouldn’t even exist if factions didn’t exist. The helf/velf vs belf fight has a lot to do with visual distinction which really only matters because factions exist. People really don’t want to share with “the enemy.” Which, yeah, as things are now I actually understand and somewhat agree with, but in the ideal world (or at least mine) there’d be no factions. People wouldn’t have to be fighting all the time about keeping their race unique to their team.

8 Likes

Are you aware most players actually have toons on both factions? “Enemies” are basically nonexistant as far as the actual bulk of the playerbase is concerned.

I repeat: factions have nothing to do with this. The actual disagreement is a quality standards one: people that don´t care over sharing everything and anything -causing yes, the dilution of visual uniqueness- and people that rather get some exclusive stuff so the races keep some modicum of visual differences.

Is not about “sharing with the enemy” is about getting a fair treatment as customers. And expecting Blizzard to fulfill visual aesthetic uniqueness is NOT related to the players on the opposing faction but on Blizzard´s own design trend since forever (you can blame the company for creating such expectative in some of us when they have kept this model since the introduction of every AR race AND the divergence in customization for most core race / AR race pair).

4 Likes