Why the lack of Customization?

Indeed. They’re about resisting it and controlling it.

My stance on the San’layn / red eye issue:

Personally I don’t care about San’layn. I’m indifferent if they go Alliance, Horde or remain neutral or are never playable, I just don’t care. I support people who want them playable in either faction.

I do want red eyes for Void Elves though, and that should be respectable as well. Red is a Void color. Not a prominent one, I’ll admit, but it is Void nonetheless. I wouldn’t mind if our red eyes were a different tone from Blood Elves’ future red eyes if people want visual distinction.

13 Likes

Well, not so much about the old gods, but controlling the Void and resisting the corruption and the voices. Old Gods don’t really have anything to do with the Void Elves

2 Likes

After the loss of visual uniqueness for Blood Elves with nothing to offset that in the form of a second visual theme I do hope Nightbornes Highborne theme is and stays preserved as I would not want another Horde race to lose visual uniqueness because 6 Elves living in a cave returned to NE society, that doesn’t now make NE society back into a Highborne caste or Highborne adjacent the way Nightborne preserve that culture.

Very much all of this :raised_hands:t5:

3 Likes

Which is why it makes me laugh when people demand they need to have corruption aesthetics related to them.

We’re more based on some weird combination of etherals and blood elves.

Even our tentacles don’t look like most of the “tentacles” we’ve seen in game.

It’s essentially a type of beautiful cosmic horror.

I’ll still point out we look like they took a beta san’layn and barfed sparkles and tentacles all over it though because of our hair cuts. (…and why we can pretty much make them on PTR now. One eye colour for a subrace ain’t a focal point, it’s just a tiny tasty bonus.)

1 Like

Some people just ignore the lore. Not that I am against BE receiving San’layn or Dark Ranger customizations either, but there is some lore to why it may not work for BE’s receiving these customizations.

But then they all try and pretend that it is just all RP tools, to most of the customizations, but honestly, there is a bit of lore explanation too with the VE’s and BE’s receiving the High Elf customization’s too.

3 Likes

Blood Elves receiving a second visual theme to offset the loss of visual uniqueness would be great.

Like has been noted by many the inequity, which is a problem stemming from allowing Blood Elves to lose visual uniqueness with nothing in return in the first place.

Another poster in the ongoing request for Dark Rangers / undead elves in some capacity even before the loss of visual uniqueness Blood Elves are currently noted the exchange between Dark Ranger Velonara and she calls Sin’dorei her kin as much as forsaken.

The options like pointed out above seem easy additions, and it would be great for Blood Elf exclusive Farstrider tattoos as well as all races deserve unique additions to their main theme.

7 Likes

Man, look at all those “blood elf thieves” in the Alliance.

13 Likes

My favorite part is the fact devs have always stood by the Alliance High Elf population as a rare sight.

It speaks wonders to the value of RP tools though I agree.

1 Like

top left is a picture of bronze dragon portal keepers. portal room isnt even canon, its a gameplay device per development. and then you posted the elves that are linked with void elves and only appear if you even unlocked void elves

ill give you yvera, elsharin and seraphi(3 individuals)

2 Likes

I still want to see Dark Rangers - but with the potential of it disabling the skins if they pick Paladin - on Blood Elves. It’s the equivalent of High Elves being shoved in the Alliance’s face since the dawn of time, so it’s a valid request for them.

San’layn though… Void Elves got their kit mostly covered already. It’s pretty much a matter of just making it formal and giving them an eye colour. Why waste time on assets for another race when they’re just right there already? And then provide some interesting story potential, and another rival for the forsaken?

1 Like

Is our new mage trainer in Orgrimmar just gameplay device or whats the status there it’s a named NPC iirc blue eyes I wonder if a High Elf who returned to Quel’thalas

1 Like

Then count nothing as canon. “Gameplay devices” exist for others, but not for us I guess. No wildhammer dwarves. No sand trolls. No Grimtotem. Etc.

As for the other response, well it seems I just can’t see it due to

3 Likes

well according to them blue eyes means high elf so its not a blood elf. high elf mage trainer in SW and org :thinking:

sorry devs never support your claims. idk what else to say. that elves are only coming to SW to seek out the void elves implies if void elves never existed those elves wouldnt be there either

2 Likes

I’m not familiar with what’s in SW to that extent tbh but it does make sense the portal room is a gameplay device.

Class trainers I am curious about I took notice of the new blue eyed mage trainer in Orgrimmar since I think Softsong pointed it out

1 Like

I’m not entirely sure, tbh. Their eyes tend to take on the type of magic they’re working with, right? Both void elves and blood elves came from the same people. They began to work with other types of magic, and with more usage we got the felblood elves (and other variants), though of course I’d want to be certain before I argue a point I don’t fully recall.

Them both getting new eye/hair colors aside from gold was unintended iirc, and with overwhelming requests from players, they were implemented. So for the sake of the fabled “rp tools” I’m inclined to support blood elves getting their old colors back, after heavy use of fel magic being withdrawn from their lifestyle.

Anyway, I still think everyone deserves more options to play what they want to play. As we’ve seen, the original races didn’t get much of anything, while allied races are getting their fixes atm. We still have many awaiting heritage armor and minor fixes. Seeing as blood elves were the last to receive model updates in general, they’ll sadly, but probably be some of the last to receive bigger updates as well. Just looking at the probable outcome, here.

The overall tone from “anti high elf” players is just overbearing, altogether. More for everyone is a win. And yes, this includes blood elves. Because I still love them.

4 Likes

So you agree that Void Elves are High Elves, since Void Elves had Blue Eyes originally before the customizations.

7 Likes

Wow, that hurt xD

Indeed. I would suggest Blizzard to have a dedicted team working exclusively on character customizations, including heritage armor and weaponry. We should all receive small character updates every patch, I think it’s something that shouldn’t take too much time from them, but ofc I don’t know how they work or how they organize their workflow.

3 Likes

Not that I disagree with you here, but there has to be some extent to something that also works within the lore also to receiving something too. (I could be wrong here), but everything that has been added, has worked to something which isn’t against the lore, such as Sand Trolls > Darkspear Trolls, High Elves > Blood/Void Elves, Wildhammer Dwarves > Bronzebeard Dwarves.

2 Likes

:sweat_smile: Yes… I’ve seen many “very pregnant death knight” rpers and other… very questionable combinations in my time… definitely agree lmao.

2 Likes

I agree.

Which is why I personally would rather see Undead Elf stuff go to Undead instead of Blood Elves. Regular-skinned Void Elves make sense within the lore - I’m not so sure Undead Blood Elf Paladins yelling “Remember the Sunwell!” make sense. Which is why DK Blood Elves have unique emotes too.

But again, I’m not going to negate others’ suggestions and wants simply because I disagree with them. I’m indifferent if they end up being Blood Elf customizations. If that makes people happy, I’m happy as well! :hugs:

2 Likes