Why the lack of Customization?

Thats the same as Armor Dyes no one ever learned how to do this? Lord of the Rings on line does it and you can wear any out fit you want once you buy it from the vendor. only there version of class sets were locked.

Be truthful. The very broken Night Elf model which still has all the issues as the Night Elf. It’s just now they are even more noticable.

I have Zero faith in the company even finishing Armors. Much less the customization’s.

I totally want a bright blue haired Human and a bright pink haired Tauren.

Do you just not read or do you like to cherry pick simply to be outraged? Why did you skip over what I said in parentheses right after that? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I was typing when you replyed.

You’re missing the point. Void Elves didn’t get new hairstyles. We still have the same ones–and only the ones–that were available upon release of the AR. The only customization they got was the skin and eye color options, and the only reason is that they’re the same model, so it was literally a copy-paste.

The other AR’s got shortchanged, yes, but not ONE SECOND of dev time was taken away from other AR’s b/c of Velves. Seriously.

That was his only point.

This is just factually inaccurate. They got a very small handful of the options that were given to Blood Elves b/c of the model similarity. They got no new hair, no new hair colors, no body jewelry, etc. The Void Elves got (I think) two new skin color options c/p’d from the Belves and new eye color options c/p’d from the Belves.

I agree with the sentiment of this thread and your posts, Thelyssra, but the Void Elves REALLY didn’t get what you seem to think they got.

2 Likes

That doesn’t make any sense. You literally quoted my post. The one where right after what you quoted, was the important part in parentheses.

But whatever.

Bottom line: Velfs aren’t the issue here. AR better get stuff in 10.0 and Nightborne better get fixed.

don’t count on this happening at all. I am not.

1 Like

Eh, I’m not that bitter yet.

Yet. LOL

Be bitter it makes the let down much easier to swallow. Just drink some booze with it.

I just checked for myself in the character customization, you are right actually, and i was wrong. However that being said. How come Night elves and Night borne didn’t recieve this same treatment? Since in theory they were all the same elves at one point too, just throw the copy paste to them too?

5 Likes

That’s how I was with the storyline, so… I totally get that. lol

Because they changed the rig some for Nightborne and they’re not entirely the same. And also because there’s a 10,000 year gap between the two cousin races, whereas there’s a whole zero gap between Belfs and their shoehorned counterparts.

Also Draenei and Lightforged are the same model, why not do the same there too, would have been quick as well.

2 Likes

THAT absolutely pisses me off. They should’ve gotten the hairstyles n stuff, too.

4 Likes

I just feel they have been worried too much about their profit instead of their product. I hope we do see some sort of improvement and soon. I think the lack of content, lack of small things such as this are the reason why people are going to other games, and with the whole lawsuit thing to boot. If Blizzard does read this thread. Please go back to the great company you were. I used to have so much respect for you all. You all used to care about your fans, you used to value our feedback and actually listened to it. And i am sure theirs many that agree with this statement. From a person that has literally spent half of my life in your game along with many others, please start listening to us again and actually take our values and our comments into consideration.

4 Likes

customization takes work, work equals money being spent, spending money on WoW means less profit for Activision

That wouldn’t surprise me.

It’s why I play Old Republic more than WoW now.

1 Like

It is insane how fan creators can make better or more options than the billion dollar company. Literally some hair styles should just be on every race, tattoos should be available on every race. Where the heck is the body sliders and muscle definers, what if I want to be a not roided out male human mage? Like it’s absurd to me that they’re holding back these options as sell points for every expansion going forward probably.

6 Likes

Blizzard went back on their word about adding more customization options throughout SL. They left customizations half done. The devs need to finish the work they started and add more customization options so that ALL races, allied or not, get the same level of customization they added to some of the core races (such as night elves) at the SL pre-patch.

7 Likes