Why the lack of Customization?

Actually, not quite.

Kind of weird that Void Elves were behind Mechagnomes, actually. Granted this chart is outdated. I’m not quite sure where Void Elves would rank with the addition of 8 hair colors, three ear length options, and tentacle toggle which will only affect some of their hairstyles, not all of them. My guess is they still won’t be approaching Orc Males or Night Elf females.

I mean, they even acknowledged it was a request from a lot of people so… I don’t know what you want me to say here, exactly. They changed their mind based on feedback. That’s typically a good thing, especially when it concerns something as nebulous to the gameplay as character customization.

Can’t say this was the outcome I wanted, but it’s one I’m content with. I wanted High Elves as their own Allied Race with appropriate class options, their own heritage armor and mount, different racials, etc… That said, given how many players were against adding High Elves as an Allied Race, I can’t fault the developers for going for the compromise.

Nothing has been sacrificed. You can still make a Void Elf with all the options they’ve had since they were introduced.

11 Likes