Why the hate for Nathanos?

Personally, I love him and find him charming. He is the only NPC who doesn’t drop to their knees and kiss our feet whenever we walk-by, or scream “CHAMPION!” at the top of his lungs. Like, seriously. The amount of times Magni as screamed “CHAMPION, DE WOONS!”, or “CHAMPION, FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC!” makes me never want to play with dialog ever again. But then I hear Nathanos “Hmpf. ‘Speaker of the Horde’, go out and kill this.” then as a reward, he says: “Keep this up and I may have to promote you from imbecile to mental deficient, first-class.”

It is actually funny and has personality and charm to it. I don’t care if his personality is standoffish, at least he isn’t kissing my butt every time I kill some meaningless mob.

And finally. A lot of people take issue with how Nathanos was able to fend off Malfurion and Tyrande. That isn’t Nathanos’ fault, it’s Blizzard’s terrible first-grade writing. Blizzard doesn’t know how to properly write characters anymore. Entire characters do complete 180o because Blizzard’s writing team has the collective IQ of a half-eaten peanut… on fire.

I don’t like being the ‘Chosen One’ and the ‘Champion of Azeroth’. I like being me. Everyone treats us like it is a single-player game. Nathanos treats us like it is an MMORPG and he has to deal with hundreds of idiots running around murdering things.

25 Likes

It’s not that Nathanos is arrogant, it’s that he’s arrogantly beta.

21 Likes

no npc does this, stop exaggerating.

11 Likes

I think Khadgar did it constantly, and Magni.

4 Likes

Literally Magni does. Fly over a Champion of Azeroth world quest.

3 Likes

I’ve never had my feet kissed without paying for it. You are a lair!

1 Like

He should have died at Darkshore, but plot demanded him for Shadowlands.

Id have no issue with Nathanos if he didn’t pull the most BS “Enough!” In warcraft history.

23 Likes

Nathanos: “Champion, kill this thing!”

Me: kills the thing

Nathanos: “You could have left a less anemic blood trail in your wake.”

Me: “I KILLED THE THING WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT”

15 Likes

That’s only because he’s allowed to kiss Sylvanas feet.

He’s trying to be the edgy tough guy but carries her purse around at the same time.

24 Likes

It was kind of OP and stupid, but it was still a cool moment. Im tired of mal winning everytime without even trying just to impress his GF

3 Likes

Hey. Everyone wants a piece of dead chocolate.

1 Like

My favorite Nathanos moment is as an Alliance players where you get caught in one of his traps, and literally casts an edgy arrow named “Heroes Bane.”

Goes off on a tangent how the queen will laugh when he tells her how he killed you. God what a simp.

17 Likes

Because he’s a rude, condescending jerk with no redeeming quality whatsoever, not to mention inexplicably overpowered.

14 Likes

At least he doesn’t cast a spell called “Kiss the Heroes’ feet” like every other NPC.

1 Like

Someone called him a simp and now that’s all I can think about him character wise~

11 Likes

I like being the Chosen One and the fact that it rubs Nathanos the wrong way.

That said, he is a very snappy dresser.

1 Like

Of course, he’s too busy kissing Sylvanass feet.

14 Likes

I’d rather him kiss an important lore character’s feet than our feet.

Khadgar only did it because he wanted us to do everything so he wouldn’t have to do anything himself. Magni on the other hand? Well, Magni is Azeroth’s biggest simp, so kissing our feet comes naturally.

1 Like

He is a rude jerk in a sea of goodie-goodie two-shoes who do nothing wrong and are complete Mary Sues.

1 Like