Why the Arena Changes are bad (From a Gladiator)

I dont think its backfiring i just think your to stubborn to actually make a coherent argument to your central point. How the argument shifted to other places was based on the conversations with not you. You just want to keep putting your self in them so you can be on the winning side of things.

You want the reality to be that blizzard made such a bad choice that its going to kill part of or make it harder for you to get glad or whatever your motivation is. When faced with the idea that its not going to be NEARLY as bad as you think it is you had to scrable to think of why its bad. Well its people that need to get rank so people can get gear or rank or titles.

In the end people that enjoy the system are still going to play it and the people that had no real enjoyment and were leeching the system are pushed away. I would rather the people that are invested in the system be more prestigious than have some diluted title system.

But keep telling me my argument fell apart and your “winning”.

You can make baseless claims all you want, the proof is in the pudding. You literally said we should have seen this coming and you literally posted a quote from blizzard to prove that point.

The quote ACTUALLY goes against what you are attempting to push, period. You can act like I’m not making sense all you want, the proof is right there for everyone to see.

You didn’t post any idea that this isn’t as bad as I think. The only thing you provided was “well as long as it’s not 1% of the pop Qing then we have no issues”.

Which multiple people called out and laughed at you for because the arena system would already be dead at that point lol. You know there is an in between. It will hurt the arena system, full stop. We just don’t know exactly how bad it will, but it’s safe to assume that it will be significant because it’s attacking casuals, which is the majority of the arena systems playerbase. Period.

I don’t need to anymore, you already basically did it for me by ruining your own argument with citations that directly go against it lol.

1 Like

Do you know how blizzard reflects upon its past failures by saying they sometimes let the pendulum swing from one extreme to another? This is another example of it.

These are changes no one asked for. I am one less casual that will not play any arenas instead of playing a minimum of 10 each week because of these changes. This change is a classic example of why people said #nochanges for classic

I would prefer more people played than less

2 Likes

Who are the idiots that flagged the OP’s post? I mean, literally?

5 Likes

If they’re going to truck ahead with this

Offer the blue pvp gear offered by having revered rep + gold
Craftable pvp gear
Better resilience gems and enchants
Change MH weapons to One Hand in T4

It only takes a handful to get a post flagged, it will get manually reviewed and the flag removed it’s fine

IMO people that spam flag a post that doesnt break any rules just to get it hidden should be forum banned.

3 Likes

Yeah it got flagged as spam lol I guess they just don’t want to hear the truth.

What was this man’s post flagged? This is absurd.

3 Likes

This is going to make raiding even MORE required than before. Wasn’t the entire point of giving full sets of arena gear to make it so you DON’T have to raid to compete in arena? They are perfectly ok with making it more of a pain to get PvP gear but buffing raid content so mid-core guilds won’t easily plow through it is going too far. Where is the logic?

Yup it is, and for literally no reason. They are asking for arena to be dead from day one.

If these changes actually happen then I will have no reason to even play TBC.

2 Likes

Yeh I’m not even a “the sky is falling” type of person, I have defended a lot of what blizzard has done. But if you kill off arena then there’s no point in me playing, that’s what I’m playing the game for. Period.

4 Likes

Same, I hope they change there minds but i doubt it. until then im unsubbed.

1 Like

Exactly. Arena is the only reason I was going to play TBC. And if they make arenas only for the sweaties then I have no reason to sub.

3 Likes

I wish you guys were able to get a different gladiator title. Infernal doesn’t feel quite right with brutal, vengeful, etc. I expected something more along the lines of Alpha gladiator or something since it’s the very first season of arena.

Infernal glad is cringe lol

2 Likes

Anyone can link an account. I was going out on a limb by calling him out because he could have made me look real silly by just posting from his Glad account. So… I must have been pretty sure he was full of :poop: :poop:?

Lo and behold… I was right

-My other mount is a scarab

Honestly don’t care if you don’t believe me tbh. I was just trying to provide some perspective that this change doesn’t just hurt casuals.