Why the Arena Changes are bad (From a Gladiator)

Have you played shadowlands arena out of curiosity?

Agreed. These are terrible Arena changes. The patch notes seem like some sort of sick April Fools joke…

2 Likes

maybe a little offtopic but bungie pretty much did the same with their trials of osiris in d2 and the casual playerbase. now the people that actively participate in trials is a fraction of what it was at the launch and d1. the only people that play are turbo sweats and hackers and is pretty much one of the least favored game types today. people liked original gambit more than trials, and thats saying a lot.

2 Likes

i personally am ok with the changes.

Not off topic at all because that’s exactly what this is doing. I also played d1 and d2 and this type of change is exactly what’s going to happen here. When you push out your casuals, you kill off your content. Plain and simple.

Leave the rating req on the gear for all I care, but you can’t have both the gear req and starting at 0 in the same boat, this will cause issues.

Does anyone know if it’s JUST the team rating starting at zero. Or If your personal MMR still starts at 1500. Also will the match making be based on team rating or personal MMR?

Your personal MMR has to start at 1500, otherwise it would take forever to get to 1500 and something like a 1k rating would be rank one lol.

And your matchmaking is always based on personal mmr. Or a sort of average of your teams personal mmr.

I agree mostly with you Rorshak, I dont have an issue with holding weapon and shoulder at 1800/2000 though. Other pieces with requirements is just stupid.

The season 1 tornados is insane, that makes ZERO sense. Why not bring back Orgrimmar arena with the fire vents and rising pillars?

I loved 5v5 in TBC-Wrath and as much as I dont dislike the MMR changes, I would prefer if teams started at 1500 so encourage that bracket. Its the most fun bracket imo.

3 Likes

Because that wasnt part of TBC at all.

You took that literally? the proposed MMR changes were not part of TBC either.

2 Likes

That was the point /facepalm

Holy Christ your hamster wheel doesn’t spin very quickly does it

2 Likes

I genuinely don’t understand what Blizzard is going for, randomly picking and choosing which things are “authentic TBC experience” and which things just get changed entirely.

1 Like

“it’s not a problem until it is on the brink of collapse”

Mega yikes.

2 Likes

Yeah let’s worry about the problem once the game is dead ok? Until then just let it go.

1 Like

Its to bad people didnt bother to even listen or read the changed they were going to be making to the game.

We’re also planning to use the modern matchmaking algorithms to more quickly match players with equally skilled opponents, while still keeping the rating requirements on purchased arena gear in later seasons.

Its not even a problem now other than a perceived problem unless you honestly believe that 1% of the player base is all that do areas.

hmmm,…

1 Like

In later seasons? Requirements existed in the fashion they proposed in a singular season across TBC thru Cata. Season 4.

It was so disliked they removed it with season 5 in Wrath.

You know this company can be wrong right?

All the time.

no one asked devs for these changes, its like what they did with retail, no one likes the system, no ones wants it and somehow they still try to put it down our throats

1 Like