Why the Arena Changes are bad (From a Gladiator)

Do you understand the nature of competition? The arena is a competitive outlet for you to improve in. It’s not a casual questing experience for you to frolic around and have rewards shoved down your throat for participating.

Go play retail and do world quests and LFR if you want handouts epics for minimal effort.

There are already rewards for the top 1% it’s called epic flying mounts (fastest in the game), titles and rating.

2 Likes

Where the rating gates are even worse than in TBC lol.

I am going to guess you do not PVP at all.

2 Likes

By adding gear to that you take away people’s chance at working for the gear, which is what you want them to do. Lol

You do understand how rating inflation works right? You understand r1 and gladiator aren’t going to be 2200 right?

Explain all T4 raids then? Pretty close to 100% of all guilds will have this content on farm it’s that easy. By inflating rating when there used to be none, especially in season 1, you’re going to kill arena participation and turn it into the boosting disaster that is live.

3 Likes

Not talking about r1 or gladiator, talking about gear that will be locked behind 1-5% of the player base.

The gating is bad if you are bad. I don’t understand why this concept is lost on so many people. It’s actually unfathomable. You people are so used to being handheld and told you don’t need to get better, we’ll just make the game easier for you.
If you can’t get the rating for the gear, then you clearly aren’t good enough to get it, so improve and earn it. It’s.Not.Complicated.

So then why isn’t T4 PVE gear gated? If you’re not in the top 3% you shouldn’t get any PVE gear either.

The rating requirements in S1 are far to extreme compared to their pve equivalent. This will only gut arena participation to almost non existent.

1 Like

Clearly don’t PvP =) And definitely not in retail.

When the competition is structured in a way that makes it progressively more difficult to obtain rewards - even gear used to participate and compete more effectively - as the ladder deflates and people stop participating, the entire system suffers. What you’re essentially arguing is that arena should only be reserved for the elite few – the stubborn bunch that sticks around and fights desperately for scraps at <1700 rating while the very top few percentage of players push 2k+ rating because all of the casuals and semi-competitive types have decided that it simply isn’t worth the effort.

That’s NOT how the system should be. Period.

1 Like

Sure, it did. But not with starting at 0 rating and not at the beginning of the expansion.

That’s fine with me, but when you eliminate ANY chance for ANY rewards for casuals then your bracket is just simply going to die. It’s like if retail started only releasing raids on mythic difficulty and saying “Sorry if you want rewards you have to earn them”, and then everyone just quits and your stuck their with an empty bag going “Where did everyone go?”

You just said there are already rewards at the top of the ladder, are you mentally checked out or something?

1 Like

You’re clearly that demographic that blames gear and LFG on your 1500 rating, so I’ll move on from this conversation so you don’t further embarrass yourself

Or so you don’t have to explain yourself. Its fine either way =)

1 Like

So you suggest they cater to the worst players to fill some niche demographic of casuals by dangling low hanging easily obtainable epics in their face? This is exactly what went wrong with retail over the years, and completely stripped all integrity from Arena.
I just disagree entirely. The goal is there, if you don’t care enough to push for it that is your own decision. Arena isn’t LFR, it isn’t there for quick catchup gear.

What would you like me to explain? It’s apparent you’re afraid your shadowlands experience of being hardstuck 1500-1600 is going to be mirrored in TBC, it makes sense why you’re upset over the rating requirements, and instead of improving yourself you try to get the game to once again lower it’s standards for you.
I’m sure there will be arena boosts in TBC you can buy, you’ll be okay.

I thought you said retail was bad?

Which is it? TBC just added more retail-like systems. Starting at 0 rating, new MMR, and more rating gated gear and on all seasons.

What makes this new TBC system good for you? What makes it better than the original?

1 Like

What about people like me and my friends who have been getting 2200~ every single expansion for the past 12 years that absolutely hate this change? What about the rank 1 gladiators that think this change is stupid because they’re smart enough to realize the entire bottom 90% of the player base will just give up on arena entirely?

No I’m supposed to listen to some level 15 forum post troll. Get bent.

7 Likes

Do you understand how this system works? If a casual just ques and ‘loses his games’ all season, he isn’t even getting any substantial amount of gear. Let’s say they start at 1500, lose all their games, get around 236 points a week. If they wanted to get a 2hand weapon with no rating req this is going to take them 16 weeks… So they basically aren’t getting a piece for that whole season, if they decide to get some set pieces which will be terrible in any form of pve for the most part, they will get one MAYBE two.

Let’s not act like we are hooking these people up. And yes, it is good to cater to casuals a little bit because if you don’t then guess what? They just won’t play dude lol.

So you want a bracket with only the most dedicated people, making the pool insanely small, jacking up que times and making everything else in the system even harder to get and all for what? Because you don’t want casuals to get a single piece of gear for them quing areans for almost a half of a year? LOL I’m sorry but this is such an insane line of thought I don’t even want to humor it anymore.

No, it is not lol. The highest participation seasons have had systems that help casuals for very obvious reasons.

Well I hate to say it, but your opinion is just dumb. I am not a player who will struggle for any pieces during any season of TBC and I am informed enough to realize that if you take out your casual playerbase in arena, your system dies. Full stop.

2 Likes