Why the 15,000 Honor Cap?

Okay. That’s 168. Still a long shot from 200

And gold =/= honor, anima, valor. But for the sake of the argument, you still need to farm 3 tiers worth of gear, even after the “I purchased gear without stepping into any form of content upon hitting 60”

So that 15K isn’t really 15K, it’s a diminishing return, because it forces you to spend it on crap you don’t need, or risk losing the currency you gain in the moment, which in turn forces you to spend more time PvPing, which equals more sub time. Anything to extend the length at which ppl play on a daily basis.

So upon hitting level 60, perhaps at ilvl 150 (being generous), you’re just going to grind out 5k conquest and 1400-1600 rating, at ilvl 150…to then use honor on what you really want?

Hmm. Okay. That’s an interesting take

Your argument was “You can’t get into LFR until you’re 170”

I responded with "You can buy 12 pieces of gear at 168 and 1 at 200 at a VERY reasonable cost.

My argument was you cannot hit 200 ilvl upon hitting level 60 via PvE without doing content.

LFR ilvl was just one of the few issues in your plan. Even if you buy your way into lfr, you’re still having to do LFR for the anima, dungeon quests for the gear, story line for the upgradable gear to upgrade

The honor cap keeps it in line with other forms of gearing

Yeah I wasn’t arguing you could do that. I was saying you could get into LFR without stepping foot into content.

And when you can already get 197 gear via an easy campaign, there is really no reason to have a cap for gear that starts out low ilvl and can be at maximum 197. An argument for a larger cap or no cap is incredibly fair.

So long as that cap keeps it in line with the other forms of gearing sure.

Allowing you to be fully decked out in 200ilvl gear within 5 minutes of hitting 60 is not comparable to being 190 within 24 hours (if you’re lucky with drops) via covenant gear

Why is being 190 super fast acceptable but not 200? 197 ilvl (currently) is a good ceiling for super casual gearing. Therefore, the road to that goal shouldn’t be painful due to potential burnout/annoyance.

I am actually surprised they are letting you earn any end game currency for gear when leveling up.

1 Like

Is it casual or is it super fast? And what is “super fast” anyway?

Hitting level 60 with the current honor cap still allows you to gear faster than rushing through the PvE scenario you explained though.

So it pulls the reigns in a little but keeps it competitive with the other gearing options. And by competitive, still fastest**

Edit: no argument from me about 197/200ish being a good “casual cap”. I’ve echoed this sentiment from the beginning. So in agreement there

It’s both. I would definite super fast as “replacing the majority of your gear with sizeable, meaningful upgrades.”

It takes no time to get to 190-200 ilvl. Getting to 210-215 from there is a more moderate pace with an appropriate power gain to time invested ratio. Gearing comes to a near halt once you hit 220, getting one, maybe 2 pieces of gear that are small upgrades. So anything that helps boost you to 190-200 ilvl faster, the better.

Super fast and super casual are not one in the same

You can, indeed, have both things at once. Casual indicates total time invested. Super fast, in this context, refers to how fast you are upgrading gear. You can play for 2 hours a day in a week’s amount of time and still jump up 20-30 ilvls (if you are a fresh 60). That’s both being casual AND super fast.

I just looked that up. 2k honor for 5 marks. Should be more like 2k honor for 8 marks.

So 14 hours of invested time to gain 20-30 ilvl is casual and super fast.

So going from 205-226 in 7 hours is even more casual and even faster?

Like I get what you’re saying, but even so, average speed for gear upgrade for 14 hours online…you’re looking a lot closer to 2 weeks at that rate to go from 170-200.

So while time invested and speed of upgrade works, you have to take into consideration overall time from start to finish as well, as my model showed.

I’m not sure how you think 205-226 in 7 hours is casual (or even remotely possible for 99% of the community). I know you’re being hyperbolic, but it just seems like you’re shifting the conversation every time I bring up a point, rather than convincing me why increasing the honor cap or removing it is bad. So I’ve said my piece and we’ve gotten so far off the path, that I just want to hear reasons regarding my earlier question.

If your answer is “I don’t want non-max-level players storing up honor to purchase at max level,” at least you’re trying to move the conversation forward, rather than off to the side. To that, you can do a number of things

• Keep a cap for honor at lower levels
  • Have lower level BGs earn way way less honor
  • Have honor clear at max level
  • Force lower level players to accept experience upon completion of a BG (not giving them any major honor until it actually completes)

etc. etc. And this is if you think stockpiling honor is a problem (which I don’t think it would be) … I don’t care if someone wants to spend 100 hours in low-level BGs in order to attain the super powerful … ilvl 197 loot…

Aw I didn’t know that! I could’ve been leveling alot better through BG’s if I would’ve known that!

That’s how

We discussed this. Time invested. 2 weeks of causal play to go from 160-200 as opposed to 5 minutes to go from 160-200 with honor.

Even with the current honor cap, it’s still faster to gear up (assuming same amount of time played) via honor than it is to go do it PvE style. Increasing the cap would make it even faster and it needs to stay in line with other gearing methods.

Raising the cap once you hit level 60, I’m fine with. But until then, the 15k cap is fine. You have yet to make a decent point as to WHY the cap needs raised.

That’s been my argument from beginning. You focused on the LfR requirements that brought us to this point lol

Guess I got ahead of myself. This I support.

Is this not already in affect? I don’t level via BGs so I’m unsure.

Or have a cap on the amount you can spend per day for X days after hitting 60…not sold on this idea, but wouldn’t be bad if they increased/removed the cap

Eh, some folks like the twink brackets/levels. To each their own. I wouldn’t force this one.

100 hours is neither causal or super fast either lol

I’m not saying it is… You have gotten SO far off topic, it’s impossible to discuss anything with you. Geez. Muting thread.

Funny how using your quotes is considered off topic lol :wave: