Why the 15,000 Honor Cap?

LFR - 1190 Anima + 1250 from Quest.
Sanguine Depths Quest - 750 Anima
If Kyrian Spires of Ascension Quest - 750 Anima
Theater of Pain Quest - 750 Anima
World Boss - 250 Anima
Then you have whatever anima quests are up.

And IF THEY’D EVER MAKE THE ANIMA UPGRADES ACCOUNT WIDE, then that would make even more from LFR/WQs.

Because 15k is enough for you to level up several pieces at once. So they are trying to keep it in line with mythic+ or raiding gear progression. Plus there is really no other gearing progression for max level that you can start working at level 10.

You need to be 170 ilvl before going into LFR. You don’t hit level 60 with 170. 140 maybe.

Also upon hitting 60, you start your covenant story line. You don’t get it upon hitting level 60.

And then there’s the requirements to upgrade covenant armor. Not only anima restricted, but locked behind story chapters and renown (I think unless that’s just soulbind levels).

Without an honor cap, you could be 200 within 5 minutes of hitting level 60. And while I’m sure someone could possibly get the entire story line done, world boss, all the dungeons, some how acquire enough anima to upgrade covenant pieces, all within 24 hours of hitting 60 (which is quite unlikely for your average player), you’re still having to work for it once you hit 60.

Honor without a cap would allow you to just purchase it within minutes of hitting 60. That’s the difference.

2 Likes

wait we have pvp vendors now? how am i suppose to keep up with that wile i’m on the phone with Harvard trying to sim my bis loot?

Reminds me of the “coalescing visions” cap - completely arbitrary and unnecessary.

It should just be removed altogether, I doubt the elite/min-maxer types are affected (or care about) someone’s alt getting bad starter gear (184-197).

Allowing us to somehow send excess honor points to alts is another good idea.

The most simple method would be to allow us to trade Marks of Honor for honor points, since Marks of Honor are already account-bound. You would buy Marks on your main, mail the Marks to your alt(s), and exchange them for honor points.

Except you literally can? Rip through the covenant campaign in a half a day and your in full 197 gear.

It actually takes far less time than farming all that honor

So spend it

Yep.

The most efficient way is only spending honor on the pieces not covered by the covenant set.

This means the neck, ring, trinket slots… maybe also the weapon/off hand slots (covenant options are only 187).

Yeah I mean I don’t see the issue with it. People underestimate how much take it would take to farm all that honor even when you’re leveling.

You could hit 60 and blast through the covenant campaign way before someone was able to farm enough honor for a full 197 pvp set. and then level to 60 because BG exp is honestly trash.

Also who cares if you can gear up with honor easily? Another player getting gear has zero effect on my experience lol.

1 Like

While I can’t say how long it takes to get 15K honor…

The average player is probably going to need 20-30 hours of playtime to get a full set of 197 covenant gear

Since you can’t stockpile anima/renown as you level, it isn’t a fair comparison

Exactly.

Imagine caring or “being jealous” that another player got 184/197 gear, the gear isn’t even “good” anymore with so many players being 220+ :joy:

1 Like

I’m not talking about 15k. You need much more than 15k honor to upgrade a full honor set.

That’s just not true man.

As soon as you hit Shadowlands at 50 you literally can.

Explain how that isn’t true.

Most players are roughly 138 ilvl when they hit 60 with 0 renown and very little anima.

At that point they have to start grinding normal/heroic dungeons for gear…and hopefully renown.

With the random nature of renown and low anima rewards…it takes a long time to fully upgrade you entire set to 197

LOL. Either you have never looked to see how little anima is available at level 50, of you are are just trying to make a dishonest argument

What?

Dude I don’t know if you’ve leveled an alt recently but it’s incredibly easy to get anima and renown while leveling. Like I really don’t understand what you’re talking about

You would need over 6k Anima to upgrade every piece.

Also, you can’t get into LFR until you have 170 item level so a new alt can’t do it immediately.

So, yeah it is time gated some.

Well…you can’t get renown while leveling (other than the 4 threads of fate levels)…so, your argument is already flawed

And I have leveled plenty of toons…you don’t even get enough anima to fully upgrade one piece

Well this has taken the wind out of my sails. I am approaching that cap and I guess when I hit it I will not be playing PvP anymore. Geeze Blizzard, thanks a lot.

There is craftable 168 gear + covenant gear. You can buy an ilvl 200 trinket and 168 neck, rings, cape, and all 8 slots of armor. And that’s without stepping foot into any content.

yea, this has really irked me as well.

I had 15k honor capped, upgraded some of my gear, but couldn’t upgrade the rest.

I would have been more than happy to grind more BGs and Arenas when I was in the grinding mood to blow way past 15k. But the game dictates how I have to play.

“you’re not allowed to play the game the way you want. you have to upgrade gear gradually and then go back and grind again, and then upgrade, and then grind”

:neutral_face:

Covenant campaign will take a few hours though