Why the 15,000 Honor Cap?

Title.

It just bothers me immensely. I’ve been leveling some new alts, and my rogue just hit 15,000 honor at level 38. She can no longer gain anymore honor through bgs.

Considering how much honor is needed to buy and upgrade every slot of gear, why the cap of 15000?

9 Likes

The cap exists to throttle your gear progression. It sucks. You can convert honor into marks now and buy some useful things with it.

7 Likes

That’s the idea, so you can’t have an army of alts and and hit 60 and be almost 200 ilvl right off the bat without some sort of trade off.

5 Likes

That’s why, lol.

3 Likes

By the time you hit 60 you would have enough HK to hit 197 buying stuff off the honor vendor, if you can find the vendor that is :rofl:

1 Like

Same reason they like to cap most currency in game. You should be used to it by now.

1 Like

cough Covenant Gear cough

2 Likes

Except you can get 197 ilvl covenant gear in first day of hitting 60 by doing Denathrius, Sanguine depths quest, Theater of Pain quest, and campaign.

Which is far less effort than farming 50k honor.

It’s just another way to milk more /played from people.

3 Likes

IDK, but it seems really low. I have a gnome named Twoshot who is level 29 or something but she is honor capped. It feels mildly annoying because you’re on a roll, having fun in BGs, and you suddenly stop getting honor.

I think that if they’re going to keep the cap, they should consider giving people bonus XP when they reach the cap so battlegrounds don’t become less rewarding during the leveling process.

Yeah, but this part -

You’re putting off on upgrading your covenant.

No, it’s part of an rpg. That’s how it works. That falls in line with character progression.

*see above

2 Likes

And why is this a bad thing exactly?

It’s either pvp for 197 gear or do your covenant campaign for 197, neither have anything to do with upgrading your covenant, something that doesn’t even advance player power. These are paper-thin arguments.

In this genre we have both character progression and power progression. Welcome to rpg’s.

1 Like

Not sure how this pertains to the argument of “there shouldn’t be an honor cap.”

But that won’t stop you from posting clown comments that everyone disagrees with. :man_shrugging:

And you still haven’t answered my question. How is it bad? Because you can get… 197 gear? Equivalent to easier-to-get covenant gear? This has nothing to do with “character vs power progression.”

3 Likes

I’m not sure what is difficult to comprehend. You choose power progression or character progression.

I don’t really care who agrees or disagrees with me, I don’t post on the forum for a popularity contest.

1 Like

What does that have to do with “there shouldn’t be an honor cap?”

You can already get 197 covenant gear day 1 upon hitting 60. So why is having a bigger cap/no cap bad again?

3 Likes

Maybe. I haven’t had the anima needed to upgrade everything day one.

If you can squeeze it in, your first LFR on a fresh 60 will net you 1190 anima + 1250 from the quest alone. It’s a good start to bumping up some of the pieces that might be lower ilvl.

This ^^^^^

Yeah, not a bad start, and usually what I do. In order to do the last two upgrades, it takes 4400 anima. It takes about 3000 to get to that point (quick head maths). I’ve never been able to collect that while leveling.

To upgrade a single piece from the lowest ilvl to the highest is 1050 (starts at 50, and increases in increments of 50 up to 300). Doing the world boss + LFR will get you enough to get nearly 3 pieces that are at lowest ilvl to max, meanwhile the rest of your pieces will be 4/7 or 5/7, respectable ilvl.

The only thing truly bad about early gearing is how little anima you get, and a large part of that is due to the Sanctum Supreme achievement not being account wide if you’re playing an alt.