Why TBC over classic+?

Personally I think they should release TBC now. Everyone who wanted to play TBC can, those who want to play Classic can, and all the bots will move onto TBC because thats where the vast majority of gold buyers will be.

2 Likes

I can generally agree that some magic of WoW Vanilla was lost/not present in TBC. That magic largely was connected to player stories, structure, and novilty.

WoW classic is about so many things. It’s about the old gods, it’s about the scouge, it’s Blackrock mountain, it’s about some farmer who needs you to help him kill wolves. TBC is a whole different world whose lore is not quite as profound/deeply rooted. If you try and think back what do you remember from TBC’s content? Probably the art (amazing), zones (Solid), and dungeon/raid (Solid) content come to mind. For Classic, there is so much more world, diverse content, and dungeons and even to some extend raids. TBC is a tightened down form of the game whereas Classic is like your fat uncle. He can surprise you sometimes in pleasant and unpleasant ways but it feel a lot more novel.

As for the player count argument that TBC is “better”. I don’t think that metric is very helpful since the first 100 hours of content is literally Classic WoW. If anything you could argue that the momentum kept building and once players got to TBC and WotLK they kept playing hoping to get more of the magic they felt in 0-60. I am not saying this is “true”, I am just saying that the argument of player count = popularity for TBC/WotLK is flawed in reasoning. Just because the late-game content exists doesn’t mean it was the reason why so many people played the game initially. Especially since the expansions didn’t change much about the leveling experience.

There is even the argument that since cataclysm took away the classic 0-60 leveling content that it was the most important part of the game for players in their enjoyment.

1 Like

I would be intrested on seeing this outcome actually. Where more players would go if they just poped out TBC in Nov and said Transfer now or you will have to reroll After Naxx.

2 Likes

oh yeah i heard the pvp servers were awsome in classic and thats why 90% of one faction left them

3 Likes

More players on my faction leave, the better for me. If I’m the only alliance on the server, and it’s 99% horde, that means the game is an amusement park for me. So many horde to kill.

yeah thats not how it works, you ain’t winning when 3 raid teams camp your body.

1 Like

Mate, that’s not how you world PvP. You roll a rogue, or druid, get him to level 60, stealth in StV/hillsbrad all day, kill all the level 30s. Then when a 60 raid comes, you hide, or eat dinner. Come back in an hour, and do it again. And if you’re a serious WPvPer, you have two accounts, to listen to people complaining about you in the area, on your second account.

Those realms like skeram, with 98% horde, and 2% alliance, were unfun for “normal” players. But serious WPvPers saw those realms, and said this is awesome! Then transferred their 60 ally there, and started having fun.

WPvP isn’t about having a fair 1v1. You can do that with duels. If you try it in WPvP you will get angry. WPvP is about listening to motley crue, getting drunk, and creating chaos in azeroth.

Here is 5% of my Classic+, many of the ideas are flawed and need refinement but this is a small picture into what could make for some fun mixup for classic+.

Link (Remove ####): h####ttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1G0xbZk-tdH0xiXEgWGJRPFgnN7lwhLGqKVHgJfSQQ_I/edit?usp=sharing

1 Like

These sort of issues could be addressed in Classic+

Here are a few low-impact suggestions to help mitigate trolling/griefing.

Link (Remove ####): h####ttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1G0xbZk-tdH0xiXEgWGJRPFgnN7lwhLGqKVHgJfSQQ_I/edit#heading=h.f2v3jdg7nbpx

1 Like

so then world PvP wasn’t actually ruined for everybody, it just ruined killing low level players in one specific area for you, thus ruining all of wow… for you.

1 Like

Imagine thinking the absolute peak of wow is when the game was ruined lmao

Tbc is coming. Get used to it or cope

2 Likes

I mean, I’ll still do it in TBC. But who is going to be leveling, when there is no +? The games will just die. So make classic+, and save the game.

Aren’t people still gonna have to go through those zones anyway? its not like there were level boosts at the time, people still leveled alts.

1 Like

At the beginning, but that won’t last forever.

Strawman argument*

Also, you can mitigate some of these issues if Classic+ were to happen. Classic+ acknowledges that the game NEEDS changes and has flaws. These issues would exist in a TBC where as in a Classic+ game they could be addressed in a way that the community is happy with and enjoys.

Seeing people still level alts in Classic to this day indicates that there will still be a good amount of people leveling for a good long while.

1 Like

Definitely not as many as there were. And it’s going to decrease more and more.

Reading. Some good stuff in here

1 Like

that would mean the game would be truly dying. I hope that doesn’t come to pass tbh. It might not be perfect, but classic is some good gaming. Whatever direction they decide to take in the future, i hope its a fun one.

1 Like

We both want the same thing. The game to stay alive

2 Likes

What fallacy of logic do you use to assume people are going to level in Classic + and not TBC?