Why survival rdps is a bad idea

Maybe if they made Melee suv good as Udk people would play them more…

You know what, just make it a tank spec who can lust. We need a lust mail tank.

Since you opted to be obtuse and ignore everything in my post after this sentence, allow me to repost what I said which already refutes your point before you even wrote it. I’ll put it in big text this time so you won’t miss it:

I know in your mind that means they just played BM/MM instead because SV was the same thing, but we’ve already established many times in this thread that you’re wrong. Ranged Survival was a distinct identity and playstyle. I personally know people who quit the game entirely over Survival becoming a melee spec.

As pointed out from others; it’s clear that the fact that you main Rogue gives you extreme personal bias. When a major spec change happened to Rogues, you find it upsetting and disrupting even though the core identity of a Rogue, i.e. the stealthy dual-wielding skirmisher, was still preserved. However, when a major spec change happens to Hunters that, in contrast, completely eschews the core Hunter identity of being a ranged attacker, you cheer it on, declare that all Hunter specs are the same anyway, and that Hunter players are expendable.

This is why you’re getting hammered by at least 5 different people in this thread for the past week. You’re not speaking from a position of any sort of objectivity when it comes to Hunters. And as arguments go poorly for you, you just start specifically responding to only parts of posts you disagree with and ignore the rest. Speaking of which, I’m not sure why I’m still writing this far in because you’ve no doubt stopped paying attention by now. But hey: this isn’t about convincing you; this is about demonstrating why you’re wrong and non-credible to all other readers here.

I have to be frank here: Don’t even try to give me personal advice because frankly I have zero respect for anything you put on a page or for your opinions and stances in general.

I have no obligation at all to just shrug and say “oh well, Blizzard has decided so I just need to accept it!”. I’ve never been one for just accepting terrible decisions as inevitable and I’m not going to start because some Rogue with a SV Hunter alt on the forums said so.

Sure, and I’ll be enjoying the fact that melee Survival will constantly be a good-for-nothing spec with non-stop desperate cries for help from the few dozen or so people that main it.

P.S. Gotta love the attempted revisionism here. No Hunter spec before 7.0 was intended to be primarily played in melee, much less lack a ranged weapon entirely. Melee Survival is without precedent and without place.

As much as I’m against everything he stands for, flagging posts isn’t the answer. None of us can definitively say he doesn’t actually believe what he posts and it’s all on topic anyway.

I agree with your general point but this isn’t true. Both specs have Kill Command and a pet-based damage cooldown (Bestial Wrath/Coordinated Assault). Survival has a different Kill Command mechanic with the reset plus the Spirit Bond mastery, but BM has the Cobra Shot/Kill Command interaction, Beast Cleave, the Bestial Wrath CDR, and the frenzy system. BM is still decisively the spec to go to for pet interaction; SV just copies a lot of it and even steals something that used to belong to BM (Spirit Bond).

We really don’t. People place an unreasonable level of importance in having a mail tank. It will make no difference to people’s enjoyment in the game beyond being able to make better mail stack groups. It has minimal impact aesthetically and mostly seems borne out of some weird, hyper-nitpicking sense of completionism.

9 Likes

I didnt miss it, I either found it irrelevant, disagreed with it or didnt feel like commenting on it.

Highly doubtful . Msurv is a niche spec as confirmed by Game Director Ion . When it was range for at least 2.5 expansions Cata -WoD patch 6.2 it was one of the most popular specs > Now before that it had it’s moment in and it was mostly a range /melee hybrid with a focus more on range damage.

Also what could they do to fix it that would make it so people took msurv over another melee spec? Take something from one of the other melee specs for msurv to use like they took from BM for it to use?

Translation.

Rule number 1: In my mind I am always right and everyone else is wrong.
Rule number 2: In the eventful case of me ever being wrong see rule number 1.

8 Likes

So, in other words…

Ignore anything that is not in line with your personal vision. Boy do you have an open mindset…

4 Likes

I didnt ignore anything. I do not agree with it and you havent convinced me otherwise.

No matter how many times you repeat something or how big of a font you use, the world is not always going to agree with you. Because you arent always right and not everything is black or white.

Just remember they are a rogue player on a surv hunter alt and that they are skewed towards melee and they have no comprehension on how rsurv was actually a distinct spec that differed from MM and BM .

You could show them data that proves them wrong and they would still no I’m right no matter what . They are that person .

11 Likes

“FORCED TO PLAY SV”

This is why these people will never change. SV is a good spec, the only reason it sees so little play is because ranged hunter hivemind – even if the SV outperformed the other two specs, they would never switch.

Survival has such a unique playstyle compared to ever other class in the game. And now with some of the pet changes, I can see them having a little more representation in PvP where they dominate both the smooth brain BM and the meme MM spec.

PVE is PVE.

I find this funny considering that the community isn’t some magical monolith. We don’t all agree on the same stuff. Most players who picked hunter did pick it for the ranged combat initially. And there’s plenty of us who actively want SV to stay and succeed. We also just happen to want something that was arbitrarily removed from us.

I want to play my archer who infused magic into his shots again. I think there is room in the class to fight up close and personal with your pet (even though I think currently it steals too much from BM and if any of the specs had to be melee, BM would have made the most sense thematically).

I don’t see why we cannot try for both and get a 4th spec. Until Blizz recognizes their choice in how to implement the current version of SV was a mistake, it’s unfortunately going to keep living in the shadow of what it took away.

9 Likes

Yeah it really isn’t unique. Similar abilities exist in outlaw rouge. Or UHDK or one of the many many many melee specs. There are only 2 physical ranged specs. I don’t care if the spec stays but stop pretending it’s some unique amazing thing. You guys are always trying to say how RSV was the same as MM. Yet refuse to see how MSV is similar to other melee specs. Bring back RSV.

8 Likes

Or PEOPLE ROLLED HUNTERS BECAUSE WE WANTED TO BE RANGED DPS.

CRAZY IDEA I KNOW.

Unique does not necessarily mean fun or good.

10 Likes

Hazzikostas made it clear that Survival wasn’t made for Hunter mains. Don’t act like the spec is owed attention, much less affection, from Hunters.

P.S. Evidently Survival isn’t a very good spec considering it’s been deeply unpopular with its few players crying out for attention for its entire existence.

12 Likes

Woah, slow down there. That’s really crazy!

3 Likes

Projection…

I’d recommend that you look back at what you’ve written before along with the replies in this thread. You literally ignore most of what others are saying and keep spouting the same nonsens.

Here’s one immediate example:

You had 3+ replies following that comment all providing accurate data showing how you’re wrong.

Does any of it change your view/line of thought? Nah…

Yeah…

4 Likes

Remember when demo locks complained that they lost everything they liked about the spec? Pretty sure they just moved on and made it work. Don’t be worse than locks. Accept the fact you have a mdps hybrid now and learn to love it.

1 Like

There were two before the switch. these other two organically filled the desire for specs with range and melee. Its ok to want a 3rd, but this one feels forced and out of place.

This isnt an argument made in support of giving warriors or rogues a ranged dps, so why does it make sense for hunters?

I dont mind MSV but I also dont do anything remotely challenging where performance is most important.

1 Like

IMO SV should have been changed to a “Javelin” class, like the Warden from LotrO. Mixed Melee/Range, throwing Polearms, rather than mixing in hand-crossbows. I just think it would have given SV the distinction it needed, without forcing us to play Melee in a Ranged Class.

1 Like

THis actually makes more sense then what they gave us .

When you see movies and such where the hunters are using spear , you see them launching the spears at their quarry and not marching towards them like a bunch of pike men in the front of the troops in some ancient battle.

I know it wouldn’t make sense realistically to show them throwing a spear then being able to throw another one but this is a video game and not real life ,so why not. Heck BM and MM have A-Team ammo (it never runs out).

Maybe this may be a way to make both sides happy . At range the pole arm can be used as a range weapon like a spear and at melee range like pole arm such as a pike . Personally I would like a 4th spec to bring a full range version back but to be honest this might actually make more sense then what Blizz has currently given.

They still complain about it and rightfully so. And it’s still closer to what it use to be then MSV. It’s also still a ranged spec and still centred around demons. It’s also consistently the least played lock spec when it used to be hugely popular back in WOD pre wrecking. Also a spear throwing type like the Amazon from Diablo 2 would be cool but belongs in a new class of its own. Or we could delete a warrior spec and put it there!!! Lol. Bring back RSV.

6 Likes