Why survival rdps is a bad idea

Okay? I never argued to remove melee SV. The comparison also doesn’t really fit considering that neither of those classes took something we already had away.

In order to get monk, we didn’t have to remove warriors (as an example).

To get the current iteration of SV, we removed the old one.

Never said it did need an even split, nor have I argued for one. You brought up popularity and have been factually incorrect.

To reiterate I do not want melee SV gone. It really doesn’t matter to me that it’s not the most popular spec out there. I can appreciate the theme of wanting to fight up close and personal with your pet (even though I think BM would have made more sense if any of the specs had to be melee and the current iteration steps on BM’s thematic toes but I digress). There is something cool to be had there.

Please recognize there is enough thematic space for me to want back what I already had and lost in the form of my archer who infused magic into their shots. My argument for a fourth spec literally doesn’t take away from you at all.

Cool, so we shouldn’t argue what we think should be good for the game on the game’s discussion boards. Because it’ll never happen.

Many of us thought melee hunter would never happen since it was a long standing meme in the community. Yet here we are.

No, in english it means to add people you didnt have before

You said this in an earlier post. You’re just as wrong now as you were then.

Even if that was actually true, nothing stopped the devs from adding more depth and distinguishing features to SV, just like they did with all other specs in the game, going into Legion.

2 Likes

The word(s) you’re looking for is/are “wider audience”.

There’s a big difference in context to what’s being discussed here.

3 Likes

I think he knows that to be incredibly blunt. There’s evidence that shows his original statement was entirely fabricated, and he has moved the goal posts.

I can’t take him seriously at this point. Like, I’m all for liking the spec and wanting it to succeed. You absolutely should want that! But what he’s been saying doesn’t remotely match up with reality, and I’m not sure how I’m supposed to have a meaningful discussion with someone like that. I don’t mind chatting people like Gidemon who is obviously passionate about it and has their own views for how design should function. But I also don’t have to argue the definition of words like “larger” with him after evidence shows his statement is not factual.

4 Likes

It also drove away people that liked ranged Survival.

I know in your mind that means they just played BM/MM instead because SV was the same thing, but we’ve already established many times in this thread that you’re wrong. Ranged Survival was a distinct identity and playstyle.

I personally know people who quit the game entirely over Survival becoming a melee spec.

9 Likes

Yeah, ngl my trolldar has been going off concerning them for awhile now.

2 Likes

No it didnt, they moved to marksman or beast master or they would have moved on regardless.

I mained Combat rogue for 12 years. Then one day, arbitrarily, the spec was changed to Outlaw. I wasnt very happy about that and i dont see Outlaw as having filled out the rogue class with something that it was missing as I do for how survival has made the hunter a better and more well rounded class.

But I moved on with the changes and I found other specs to fill the void of what i used to love. Its pointless for me to spend years begging for Combat to return, because its never going to return. You roll with the punches and make the best of what you have available.

And there it is. Now we know why you’re so desperate to convince us that we’re wrong and that RSV was the same thing as MM. A melee player who doesn’t know how to differentiate hunter specs because there is no large visual difference like mages, outside of having a pet. No purple, blue, orange to help distinguish them. And now you want it to stay like this because now you finally tell the difference in all three.

5 Likes

Can we all stop feeding the troll?

He has spent the entire thread spouting BS, ignoring any evidence or statements that don’t directly support his baseless assertions, moving goalposts, and generally ishposting with the best of them.

Report as trolling and move on, there’s no discussion to be had here.

5 Likes

Agreed. It’s what I’ve done since my last post. There’s really nothing of value to be discussed.

2 Likes

Unholy DK says hi… it is also better at EVERYTHING compared to survival.

Ok then I want to be able to roll a caster rogue and a melee mage and warlock .

Because I don’t feel a melee rogue or a caster mage or warlock fit what I need in this game.

It has always been a skeleton crew for the devs . During Wrath there were only a couple guys at first doing classes and one was also doing pvp development . But yet they have still been able since then to add classes and races so your skeleton crew point is kind of mute.

It has not “always” been a skeleton crew for the developers. The last 2 expansions have been extremely obvious as to how few are actually working anymore compared to what was being produced from Pandaria onward.

Ive played all classes except for priests pretty extensively over the last 16 years. None of them take a rocket scientist to understand.

Anyway, keep stamping your feet and holding out hope (its only been 4 years and counting) that a ranged version of survival is going to return. In the meantime, ill be enjoying my hunter with a melee weapon equipped and also with a ranged weapon equipped, as the class was always intended to be played.

Really so why is it that former Dev Chris Kaleiki said when he first came on to the wow team during Wrath that it was just him and one other person working on classes at first . I seriously doubt they added an entire crew of devs for each class . More like they added an extra person or 2 and most likely that’s it .

So once again when has it not been a skeleton crew.

The game peaked in subscriptions in wrath, more devs were added…he was one of them.

Anyone think this guy maybe the dev that made MSV in disguise? Come across as you think you do but you don’t. I miss RSV nothing short of its return will make me happy. This guy can spew his bs troll comments over and over. Specs should not be removed. Period. Keep trying RSV lovers!

6 Likes

Right and when he started in wrath it was just him and 1 other person at tha tpoint doing classes . Do you honestly think they added enough devs for each class or that they added maybe more likely added a couple more people .

1 Like

ok cool don’t speak on the hunter issues then.

there is no “class identity” or even “spec” with survival… it’s literally just melee beast mastery because it STOLE spirit bond and uses kill command ffs.

survival has more spells that interact with pets than BM does, and there’s more gladiator stance warriors than melee survival hunter.
yet one of them was deleted and the other has been forced down our throats like a cheap hoar(frost) to the devs because they think they know the game better than the thousands of us who could take their job and fix every issue hunter has in a single patch.

they’re out of touch. it should be apparent when nearly nothing happened from alpha to beta except a few weeks before SL launch finally removing hunter’s mark 5% and making trueshot actually do something.

do not attempt to speak on matters that you’ve clearly not had any sort of experience with trying to use the facade of “but melee has it’s advantage” when survival doesn’t actually have ANY benefit to being melee that the other 2 specs don’t have access to… it’s just pvp where there’s a difference and hunter is the worst CLASS in pvp right now because pets are killing blow farms for other players, and marks got it’s damage cheeks clapped so we can’t kill people as easily anymore, and by “as easily” i mean there’s several other classes that can ONE SHOT YOU WHILE IMMUNE.

hunter is meant to counter rogue historically… now we’re a joke while rogues run rampant, and several other classes do what hunters core philosophy was meant to be except better… we’re FIFTH for “hunter jobs” and not even top 10 anymore from nerfs.