Why surv is the least played?

Huh…Im not seeing that at all. Ive literally been last man standing in a near wipe and managed to finish off a pretty decent sized mob alone. Had tanks literally thanking me for keeping crap off him so the healer could get him back up on heath.
It is very survivable based on what Im seeing. Could be play style differences, I guess.

No the thing is your wrong… Your not only wrong you are way way way wrong…

Your not even close to damage mitigation levels of even a Warlock, I play one…

You do not have the damage mitigation of a Demon Hunter I play one.

Can you name the decent sized mob ?

I have played the spec since BFA started they are paper thin.

take a hike.
The spec is a blast to PLAY and one of us isnt playing it right.
And it clearly isnt me.
Mitigation?
YOU HAVE A PET you can HEAL and REZ it, guy…you have MORE than a DH lmao.
Let me guess…you DONT have pet taunt on a keybind, right?
*Misdirection
*Pet taunt
*Feign Death
*Disengage
*Pet heal
*Pet rez.
Not to mention a 15 second interrupt instead of 24.
Yeah…no mitigation there :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

and uh…I play DH…both specs. Ive played every spec in this game… I run all three roles as well.
SV is nearly as good as a tank and DPS is great…when PLAYED RIGHT. lol.
And ive played warlock plenty. Have three of them myself.

I didnt know random trash mobs had unique names in this game, lol.
Lots-0-trash. Thats enough info for ya.

3 Likes

Except the thing is they did, as they have stated, and can be seen with things like explosive shot.

It is what it is, and a mobile dot based MM spec works.

I won’t disagree with that.

Dude you need to write a guide! Teach us master! lol

“Surv is the tankiest hunter spec when played correctly”

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMFG BWHAHAHAHAHAH…

I am sorry I meant HAHAHHAA ROFL OMFG >>>

I

1 Like

They have zero damage mitigation no negative… Glass cannon that has to supplement some of the ranged damage with melee.

You have to get close to the Demon Hunter once or twice maybe more it is instant death.

You have to get close to the warrior, the monk, not stay close but you have to move in and out …

One stun and pretty much your dead…

Two of those root things a demon hunter does and you dead…

Please move on, I guess the reason you list make it the least played of all classes …

1 Like

I am talking about PvP, you list pet taunt, pet ress, pet heal ??

Pad the list all you like they are paper …

Claims of popularity are based on data provided from content types which are being tracked. Such claims are about the popularity and/or the representation in those areas/types of content.

Not for other areas that aren’t being tracked.

When people say “the whole game”, they mean:
All players in the game that are engaging in a particular type(s) of content which is being tracked.

To most people it’s obvious that such claims aren’t based on content where measurements aren’t even accurately showing something of worth.

You want to lean on the representation showing all players with characters at level 120 who are specced into SV?

That is literally about the worst thing you can do, because it tells us nothing about why they are specced into it. It doesn’t even tell us if they actually are playing as SV.

You want to use data based on a larger sample of players/characters. That might be a fair point. But that does not automatically mean that the data for this specific sample is the one to rely on.

It would be the same thing as saying that Island Expedition where incredibly popular because so many players participated in doing them.

It’s only a partial truth. If even that.

That is more a case of certain specs where players might’ve provided feedback as to what they want changed, to make them more fun or…w/e the feedback was.

But that feedback wasn’t taken to heart. Like with many things going into BfA.

It wasn’t that they did not have the time. They just didn’t listen.

Eventually, they did run out of time(as BfA was about to be released). At that point, unless a particular spec is completely and utterly broken in it’s mechanical design, they aren’t going to perform any major reworks on it.

Also worth noting is that what you consider to be “boring trash”, some others might like a lot.
Not always the case ofc, but it can be for some things.

Again, Explosive Shot for MM have ties to the old RSV in name only.
The design does not provide the same mechanics as the one we had prior to Legion.

There is no “mobile dot based MM” because no version of MM excludes Aimed Shot.

Also, the only DoT we can get from MM is Serpent Sting. That alone does not equal a “dot based spec”.
(The current ES isn’t a DoT)

And yes, we have AMoC, but that has nothing to do with the weapon-based dot-spec we’re talking about here.

4 Likes

This post is a joke, what I am seeing in this post is a poor Troll who plays a Demon Hunter afraid the Survival Hunter will get some damage mitigation an he needs to be cause he is part melee…

Or just make all his damage ranged…

They should just bring back rsv as 4th spec and be done with it. If those who quit cause omg a dps class got 4th spec, had no real interest in class in first place. It can give those, others including me reason to come back to hunter, and least me, not quit wow cause of bad decisions.

4 Likes

So you’re upset you aren’t getting exactly what you want, we get it.

And MM can be played similarly to RSV, especially with essences.

Is it optimal? Probably not, but neither was RSV, so what does that matter?

1 Like

Survival is pretty easy. Im sure you can figure it out without a manual.
Funny how Im enjoying SV and loving it and getting it to work…while apparently so many in here arent.
Seems odd.

1 Like

come on guy…YEARS and that ‘in combat’ bug STILL isnt fixed.
Yeah…its blizzard not doing things right and making excuses why they cant.
Id rather have TEN fantastic specs in this game instead of 25 half-rumped ones.

Im getting a couple things with reading some comments.

1. “SV sucks and if you like it you suck too”
  2. “SV shouldnt have been changed, even though a number of specs in this game have seen dramatic changes”
  3. “SV isnt playable because its isnt a guaranteed the #1 spot on Details! every single time”

What I cant figure out is why someone elses game is so threatened if I say Im loving Survival as it is.

I tank the crap out of things if the tank dies with it.
Sure your playing it right?

It’s the Survival life fam.

Be dismissive all you want.

It’s easy for someone who already has what they like.

I’m starting to wonder whether you have any clue whatsoever of how RSV was designed and how it was played.

Because what you’re saying, points to the exact opposite.

Optimal? You mean the design or the performance?

Also worth noting is that when it comes to design, the term “optimal” is very much subjective. Meaning that for me, “optimal” would be to get RSV back exactly according to my suggested concept as that is what I would like the most.

I would however settle for a proper version of RSV, and if they(devs) can find some inspiration from feedback provided towards it from me or others, that would be more than enough.

A few RSV-abilities implemented into MM as talents or whatnot? That’s not an optimal outcome. That’s barely a level of effort that reaches the first step.

What one was that again?

Who’s to say that just because we would now have 10 specs instead of 25, that those 10 would be fantastic?

How would this change guarantee what’s left becoming fantastic?

Not something that I’ve said but, I guess you’re talking about someone else here?

The difference?

The SV that existed in WoD(or prior), meaning the very core mechanics and abilities, the very basics, were removed going into Legion.

Sure, other specs like Combat saw massive changes as well. But at least all other specs, no matter how massive the changes, still maintained their very core elements.

Combat(now Outlaw) is still a spec dedicated to the use of 2x melee-weapons with attacks and effects focusing on this type of gameplay.

Where’s the ranged weapon-based DoT-playstyle we saw with SV prior to Legion?
Where’s the focus on enhanced traps?
Heck, where’s the actual ranged weapon which the spec was centered around?

Again, keep in mind that I’m NOT saying that current SV(MSV), that it should be removed.

Same as further up, I’ve never said this. Nor have I ever even hinted at this being the goal with bringing RSV back.

Tuning/balancing matters for very little when talking design and themes.

7 Likes

So you’re cool with them deleting MSV? Or are you saying you want 9 specs and your spec?

Frankly, it’s not hard to fix all the specs. If they rolled every spec in the game back to Mop or Wod, there wouldn’t be many complaints. I never understood why they needed to rework the specs so drastically in Legion. People weren’t complaining about the number of buttons they needed to push (not many people anyways). In the end, most people don’t want their favorite spec completely re-worked. The idea, on its face, seems poorly conceived.

This is true.

Other specs have been changed too, but none of them have been changed as much as the SV in Legion. Many players are upset with the changes to their class and spec too. It’s not just Hunters. They just took the brunt of it for some reason.

I know a lot of people who played many different classes, who are still miffed at what happened in Legion. Just a couple days ago, my second wife mentioned how she is still “irked” by the Holy Priest changes and refused to play Holy now (disc). If you search the internet, there are a lot of people unhappy about the spec rework in Legion.

I don’t like to see people posting positive things about MSV. It feels like somebody is dancing on my grave. It also means that it is less likely I will see my spec returned to me too, so it is threatening in that sense. It’s essentially the same reason some MSV players feel threatened when we post how much we want RSV returned.

At least you’re not a troll. Typically what you say is fair. Some people are straight up passive aggressive though (both sides). I’ve stopped reading their posts. So no, you don’t suck.

9 Likes

funny thing is I fired up classic just now…created an Orc Survival hunter.
THIS was my very first spell, lol

Raptor Strike
15 mana
next melee 6 second cooldown
a strong attack that increases melee damage by 5.

And it felt pretty much exactly like a survival hunter in retail. shoot at range, close in, finish the fight in melee.