Why surv is the least played?

Right…which makes MM DIFFERENT than BM and SV even moreso given its over dependence on the pet for quick focus regen.
Far as Im concerned, they all three need some tweaks, but are fine as is concept-wise.
If they turn SV into a ranged only spec again, I’ll lose interest and stop playing hunter yet again.
we dont need three ranged specs with a class like hunter…not unless it is a fourth spec, which I dont really think is a good idea given they cant keep up with the classes we have now.
Hunter isnt a magic caster. It doesnt need to be ranged for every spec.

I do question the sanity of effects like Wildfire bomb, though. Whoever thought that up should get a forum suspension for a month.

Which is the basis for my suggestion found above.

Speaking generally about concept and theme, I would agree. Sort of.

This also happens to be why I think it would be beyond unwise to somehow “merge” current MM with that of RSV.

As, those are two very different concepts/themes. And the only way to do this, would be to severely cut away from either one or both of those specs so that what’s left could fit into a single spec.

It’s not that they “can’t keep up with them”. It’s more that their intentions and what they consider to be fine, is not always(or lately, not often) in line with that of many players.

Again, I agree.

Especially in the game today when we actually have defined core specializations that are supposed to focus on specific elements of the class.

But yeah, this does not take away the fact that what I mentioned above, does not exist within this class.

It used to, to a certain degree. And a lot of players loved it. “It” in this case being RSV.

So why would a 4th spec make sense? For the above, as well as for the pure reason of that solution, being the least invasive to the other specs that we currently have.

And to the players who like those specs.

Again, if you don’t believe me, feel free to check the link out for yourself. It’s not another BM spec, nor another MM spec, or MSV.

But it is still a hunter spec.

4 Likes

What is this nonsense. Why is Beeples not ripping on SV.

It’s not April fools yet…

So I’m trolling, but you’re not. Solid Logic, tell me more.

Hint: Just because you don’t like it, doesn’t mean it’s trolling.
Cheers

1 Like

How am I trolling?

Feel free to explain your logic behind that one.

From further up this thread…

5 Likes

Again, the problem there is blizzard is clearly working on a food stamp budget. Id prefer the get rid of half the specs in the game right now, leaving the better ones and keep those ones working well than creating new ones they wont keep up with…and Im a person who is literally begging for shaman tank.

o…k?
I dont remember saying to do anything other than tweak thehunter specs we have now.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:
in another thread you made it sound as if the specs are overlapping too much…now theyre too different?

actually it is to a degree. There are tons of issues with this game that they apparently dont have the manpower to get it all done.
We dont need more specs for hunter. The ones in the game are fine. one is fast paced ranged. One is fast paced ranged/melee. One is slow and hard hitting.
Theyve got enough variety now to keep me playing hunter for years to come.
I just regret not trying survival for 2 1/2 years that Ive been playing till recently.

of course it would ‘make sense’ if thats what we need…but again. blizzard works on a welfare budget, apparently, and if they aint going to hire a dozen more developers then we dont need them half-arsing a new spec.

Im not against your idea itself. I just see how they mishandle the game as-is. New specs are more likely to make it even worse.

I don’t like melee, and I’ve been BM since I started playing, I hate the other specs. If I’m not bm then I’m not having fun! its all a matter a preference.

1 Like

You write pages of the same thing…in every post that has anything to do with Survival…

Not sure what else to call that.

And what you are referring to above, was a super sarcastic statement from myself, that was obviously in jest.

If I’m a troll, you’re the RSV God-King troll.

2 Likes

I think the issue isn’t about “same boring play style” as much as it is about having different flavors of being ranged. MM is stand and shoot burst, BM is run/fun & command your pet. Ranged SV used to be run and gun while doing lots of DoT damage. There is no replacement spec for those of us that enjoyed that play style in previous expansions.

I for one just want them to make Aspect of the Eagle a toggle that decreases your damage slightly but allows you to whip out a bow if you need to stay at ranged.

4 Likes

I guess I do get that. They ruined Afflock for me when they stole Life Tap from the spec. Really just have no desire to play it now. Feels like a sucky mage.
Loved having to decide if I could sqeeze out a Life Tap for enough mana to finish that bad guy off…or if I did if Id be so low that his next shot would roast me.
fun spec. They ruined it. Coulda just put Life Tap on a talent row for people like me who enjoyed it.

2 Likes

I think it is because the empirical evidence supports the arguments for RSV. If we didn’t have proof, we would be forced to rely on feelings and anecdotal evidence. When people have a strong belief but lack evidence, they can either state their opinion - as an opinion - or completely disregard evidence and logic. Some people on the board choose the second option.

Is short, we use statistics because they support the fact that range SV Hunters were popular. People can deny it all they want. No amount of denial will change facts.

If you want people to listen to you (eg. Scabber et al.), you cannot present anecdotal evidence as fact to support a claim. It makes you appear naive at best, and disingenuous at worst.

10 Likes

What does it matter if it was popular, compared to MM and BM it wasn’t, it’s been gone for a long time.

The game has moved on, so should RSV people, for their sanity.

1 Like

Sounds like MM with dot essences and rapid fire traits… Which does feel a lot like RSV.

I mean, it’s not like the devs haven’t tried to bring some of that playstyle back. Apparently it’s not good enough for the RSV crowd.

That’s what everyone thought about melee Hunters, but they came back in Legion anyways. Anything can happen with Blizzard.

I don’t know if you played the Legion version of Survival, but it wasn’t the melee/ranged hybrid it is now, it was literally just a melee spec with traps and a pet.

The BfA rework already moved the spec closer to what it was before, adding a large amount of ranged spells (Kill Command, Serpent Sting, Wildfire Bomb, Chakrams) and going back a little bit to the “enhanced projectiles” fantasy with Serpent Sting and Wildfire Infusion. Ion himself admitted the spec was unpopular. They know people prefer RSV.

The thing is they really didn’t. Black Arrow is gone, Lock 'n Load has an extremely low proc rate and triggers off auto attacks, and Explosive Shot is nothing like it was before.

3 Likes

What makes you think other people wouldn’t quit entirely. I quit for 3 years when they deleted RSV. I’m not the only one. When they first made the change, the number of likes on the “Bring RSV back” was huge (and you could downvote at the time). Where do you think they all went? Sure, a lot changed spec. A lot changed classes. A lot probably quit playing too.

Do you really think deleting other specs will improve the game?

You will wind up playing on one server after they shut down all the others.

6 Likes

Not really.

They just make choices which don’t fall in line with that of many players.
Some choices, I should say.

Whether those choices are in the form of “inaction”, or if those choices result in something(new) which players don’t like, same outcome.

In this thread? No, not that I can remember no.

But that part in particular, wasn’t aimed specifically towards yourself.
It was just a general thought about how A LOT of other posters tend to fall back on the whole “just throw some old RSV abilities into MM and it will be fine”-argument.

Current BM and MSV are overlapping too much yes. In terms of straight up damaging core abilities.

That’s not what I’m talking about here.

In that reply, I was talking about what the devs said in regards to the old MM and RSV specs we had prior to Legion. And how they excused the change to MSV based on MM and RSV being too similar to one another.

Which they weren’t. At that point, they did not really share any core elements of the design.

I brought up the comparison between current BM and MSV to show how suddenly, similarities between specs(in this case, quite a few of them), no longer matters? That this is no longer a bad thing.

How would you know that this is the reason for why many issues aren’t being addressed?

Can it be one reason for some specific things not being corrected? Probably.
But that’s not the same thing.

I’m not justifying what was done but, last year, hundreds of employees were let go and supposedly that was, partly, to allow for more developers to be hired. What has happened since? No idea.

I’m glad you’re happy with the current design of MSV. Enjoy it!

Can I(we) also get the playstyle which we liked so much back into the game?

As, currently, there’s no similar alternative to that playstyle still in the game.

First off, every post? No I don’t.

Second, you have no idea what “trolling” means do you?

Obviously, you don’t.

Precisely my point.

We have varying preferences towards what we want to play.

The thing about BM and MM, while both of them are ranged specs within the Hunter class. None of those come anywhere close in design or gameplay towards what RSV allowed us to do.

This is the whole reason for why we are asking for RSV to come back.

And as have been said before in regards to you, claiming this to be the truth of past.

It’s incorrect.

And just because something has been gone for a long time, doesn’t meant it cannot be brought back.

hint @Classic

And, like with the above, we’ve already told you that what the devs did to MM going into Legion, wasn’t even an attempt at bringing forth the old RSV playstyle.

Both of the abilities they brought into MM, were heavily altered. They essentially only retained the theme of RSV, through their names. And nothing else.

Exactly.

In the eyes of many players, it would not. Far from it.

And that’s a guarantee.

7 Likes

It’d be fine if those talents were viable at all.

I think its because RSV keep using false, invalid, incomplete sources to support their claims.

In short, you are taking a fraction of a stat and trying to convince yourself and others that its the whole thing.

For me it is mainly because he is made of paper… I like the combination Melee and ranged with pet combo.

He is way to fragile when trying to get a hit after the bombs are down and u need to get a bit of melee damage in or land a snare.

He is really thin shelled …

if they cant keep up with half of them I dont honestly see why they even bother having them there. I can think of a couple right off that are absolute boring trash that I never see in group content that I think they need to fix or just quit trying to pretend that they can or will.