Why surv is the least played?

don’t blame you. BM puts me to sleep and MM is also mega bland and boring to me. it’s just i have other melee classes i like more than sv, like my rogue and paly. therefore my hunter has been shelved most of the xpac.

5 Likes

Thats what turned me off to paladin, honestly. Theres nothing wrong at all with the class, but just too easy and too slow. Worst combination ever for someone who prefers action packed crosshair PvP games

Dang - you beat me to it! My thoughts exactly. Loved the RSV playstyle - wish Blizz had kept it as they promised…

4 Likes

bliz is like my ex wife…full of fluff and promises…big on not keeping up with much of it.
Sucks. Used to be my favorite game company way back when.

2 Likes

Sure. Whatever you say…

Anecdotal observation or are you basing this on actual data?

If data, feel free to show us…

This proves nothing.

I thought you said that “Survival is extremely common in PvP” ?

Granted you did not specify what type of PvP. But then that kind of means that you’re talking about PvP in general.

You claimed to have played that hunter for…forever…and you now claim to have been a top raider.

But your hunter has barely seen any raiding in the entire history of WoW(as shown by your own profile).

So, you mean another hunter or another class or?(yeah, that must be it…)

No, he means HC.

You have no kills in mythic Nya.

I would say so yes.

Hunter class design have historically been very much focused on ranged combat using a weapon.

That naturally leads to the majority of the players that pick this class, they do so because they prefer that gameplay style.

Do that against other players in PvP and you’re most likely dead.

Do that in mythic raid encounters or high M+ and you’re most likely dead(or you’ve somehow killed your team members).

Having said that, base specs are in general quite easy nowadays. Any difficulty tends to come in the form of the content itself which you engage in.

Also, there’s a strong sense of individuality that ties into this. People are different and deal with/handle different mechanics and elements in different ways. For some, something can be easy, for others, maybe not so much.

How we feel, is just that, how we feel.

Nothing wrong with it.

5 Likes

This just in: “Melee class prefers melee spec, ranged class refuses to play it”

4 Likes

Sounds most likely.
It is nice having a quasi melee hunter spec though

Did it with prot warrior in BG’s enough, for sure. Another mindlessly easy spec.
Odd thing there was it was only hunters that gave me any problem worth noting. That blasted pet and then turtle shelling till their buddies showed up to pound my kidneys. How rude.

Agreed. live and let live.
Oddly enough there is one poster in these threads who seems bent on coercing people not to play the spec they like.
Never will understand that sort of thing.

it’s not too bad with lots of haste, but i will say it’s not as fun as it’s been in past xpacs.

1 Like

My problem is I never know whats a good haste and when its wasted.
Ive been trying to tweak a few characters by holding onto gear drops Im not using, swapping them in and out and seeing what happens…using gems and enchants too.
Its still greek to me, though lol

I don’t deny it, but I do deny that I’m the only one talking about ranged Survival or that I even contribute the majority of the talk about ranged Survival. As you can see many others on these forums want ranged Survival. Not just here, either, but on MMO-champion and reddit too. I’ve also met plenty of Hunters in game or those that used to play the game that want it back, and there have been many formerly regular posters here that used to push for ranged Survival but have sinced quit such as Leorina and Guillotaur.

Raid data and rated PvP data is literally all we have. We can’t track who’s playing what while doing their world quests. But there’s no reason to believe that SV is popular in those areas either.

I’m sure Combat Rogues were great to have but we have nothing concrete to go on. I also don’t doubt Surivival was an unpopular spec in Vanilla and BC since all the Hunter specs back then were pretty homogenous and SV clearly wasn’t intended to be a good raiding spec. But in WotLK we got Explosive Shot and Lock and Load and it was evident that the spec had become popular. And for all the patches we can look at before 6.2 it was indeed a popular spec.

I notice a strong correlation between people who like Survival and people who openly consider Hunters to be scum of the earth.

I dunno, maybe we like being objective? Weird, huh.

Survival is unpopular in M+ too. Next excuse please.

Or people are correctly judging that BM is vastly stronger than SV in M+ to the point where the shorter interrupt CD doesn’t matter. BM is the one that’s incredibly strong, not Survival.

I have, actually, because I have a science degree and statistics was required.

Relying on memory and anecdotes over data is one of the most basic failures in statistics.

Yeah, I did respond. But you absolutely did message me out of the blue on Discord to “flex your intellectual dominance” (your words, not mine) which is spectacularly petty and also pretty ironic given how you regard everyone else on this forum. You also seemed to devote most of the time in that conversation trying to brag about your PvP skills even though I told you multiple times I didn’t care.

10 Likes

I used to find BM fun and OP before 8.3, but it feels like they were patched and both weaker and slower to play.

1 Like

I loved BM hunter until I tried MM. Nowthat Ive played Survival I dont think I can go back to either lol

1 Like

It felt awkward at first, being passively a BM Hunter mostly since about Cata-ish, then feeling like a SV Main now. I still go back to BM periodically, both for pets and to kind of see how it’s going or to just go back to my old spec.

1 Like

I was having trouble initially remembering that it wasnt just ranged attacks. When I turned on the Butchery talent it seemed to help me remember to close into melee asap. Running really well now. I want to try it in a BG if I can ever get the call lol. I give up after 40 minutes in queue or so

Well its always the same 2 or 3 using a slice of a pie to prove a point instead of taking the whole pie… I’m sure you know well who they are. Other than that, some heated exchange… mostly because some are getting called out on their lies?

I believe that only 10 players out of all of the hunters hates MSV… the others all enjoy it alot.

That is as much credible as your belief stats.

Fixing that for you:
Players that loving playing melee, plays melee specs. Those that love ranged, plays ranged specs.

2 pie slices , missing another 5-6 slices… so essentially, you now realize there’s no valid data?

This thread is now exploding.

You’d be wrong. Check logs and completion stats. Low % of hunters are MSV

9 Likes

You’ve stopped reading halfway didn’t you? Please scroll back up and read it again.,

1 Like

There was no real reason to continue with whatever narrative or point you think you were making. Sorry

10 Likes

Thanks, I think you’ve just shown to everyone that you blindly react / reply without properly reading or caring. At this point I can safely assume you are only trolling now.

1 Like

Well, there’s some data from Raiderio on Mythic+ spec representation in BfA. For example, here’s Season 3: https://raider.io/mythic-plus-rankings/season-bfa-3/all/world/leaderboards

And Season 4 so far: https://raider.io/mythic-plus-rankings/season-bfa-4/all/world/leaderboards

1 Like