Why surv is the least played?

im on suv spec it is a lot more fun then bm.

Are you here trying to claim the “vast majority who don’t frequent the forums” can be rounded up to either side? That’s intellectually dishonest.

MSV is extremely common in PVP. It’s only truly rare in raids, though it faces a lesser amount of discrimination in 5man content because the community is poorly educated and doesn’t understand it’s a lot stronger for M+ than Raids. They don’t see it in raids so they assume its somehow not viable for dungeons that primarily consist of large AOE pulls.

I mostly run in pvp circles, and thus the majority of hunters I know are survival.

It’s not remotely subjective. There is a high amount of synergy between abilities that leads to lots of small decisions that can be very impactful in the long term, for example, with wildfire infusion.
It has an extreme amount of control via harpoon, net, intim, and traps, and 50% of that control has a higher than usual skillcap to use appropriately due to breaking on damage. PVP has had an issue in recent years with skillcaps being diminished significantly, and survival is an island in a sea of disappointing specs in that regard. Surv is the gold standard of how a spec should work in pvp. You should be punished for your mistakes.

Most pvpers agree that surv is a fantastically designed spec. Head over to the arena forums and see for yourself.

I can be quite rude, but it’s no secret I have a far greater command of the English language than you do, my boomer friend.

This is because pvp has been neglected as a whole for multiple seasons, and the last two seasons featured problematic amounts of survivability-enhancing PVE gear including tank trinkets being used by DPS specs. Hunters as a whole are behind in seasons like that because all hunters due to the nature of our defensives are primarily strong in short duration matches before high dampening (healing % reduction) is in play.

Hunters are prone to dying in a stun across the board in high damp. We always have been and most likely always will be. It’s an intended weakness of a highly mobile class.

I don’t even know what this illiterate monkey gibberish means.
You most certainly are not capable of “destroying” anything, I’d bet solid money you don’t even have proper trap macros.

I stopped PVEing in Dragon Soul after finishing US 80ish

You mean mythic, take your brain out of the toaster.

I’m presently chilling at 1700 queueing double dps games to farm Shreds of Insanity for my engineering helm, 2s aint serious lmao

This season is still relatively fresh. There are presently only 44 people in the US over 2400 CR in 3s. Inflation is quite low at the moment.

https://www.arenamate.net/?region=US&realm=&rating=0&ladder=3v3&faction=

Again, you’re demonstrating how little you know what you’re talking about with regards to pvp.

Do you see the weapon enchant on my pickaxe? That’s the reward for 2100. I got it the first week of the first season of BFA. I don’t have to earn it again. The tabards rewarded at 2400 in BFA do not look good, and I don’t wear tabards in the first place, so I have very little interest in pushing 2400 at the moment. I primarily do world pvp, because I’m on a server renowned for its world pvp community.

Is this the intellectual power of rangedoids?

The attachment you guys have to the upvote system is adorable, btw. When I see that many upvotes that fast, the impression given is not quite what you intend. It’s a visualization of the people actively reading the thread but failing to provide rebuttal to me latching onto someone elses post in the most sophomoric and cliquish of ways.

“YEAH! YOU SHOW 'EM!”

It’s a very authentic approximation of a reddit thread and the fallacies of democracy.

its thats true then my guess was correct…they literally suck with numbers, lol.
I mean, how hard is it after a decade and a half for a bunch of college grads to balance a checkbook?

1 Like

Absolutely agree.
Im having to really think about the fight on the fly far more than with BM because Im in the middle of the chaos. Tons more fun than BM.
I enjoy BM and MM, but the action of Survival is more interesting

1 Like

the kill command spam and throwing nades is just to much fun…lol.

1 Like

uh…i took the butchery talent.
Im sure I told you that, friend

1 Like

nades man throw them nades!!!

lord…pay attention.
-Butchery
-Raptor Strike
-Kill Command (with some macros)
-Wildfire Bomb/Serpent sting combo macro.

thats hardly sitting back snoozing thru combat like MM or BM, lol
I have to actually FIGHT :wink:

2 Likes

i hear you think of this.
gorilla tactics
wildfire infusion
carve

much more aoe damage then butchery.

I might give that a shot on my 120 hunter. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I actually like you - even if you’re MSV. You’re not calling people names and you’re not making up statistics. You tell us it’s engaging, and that’s cool.

You will be attacked on the forums (and ignored) for playing MSV though. Try not to hold it against us. Many of us are still heartbroken over the loss of RSV.

5 Likes

its super fun im so board im trying the grenade build with azerite traits like azerite goblets and wildfire cluster for more aoe nade damage.

you should try it.

Did you actually just ask people not to hold you accountable for how you treat other players?
Yikes, pal.

3x wildfire cluster, while not as good as 3x latent poison, is incredibly fun, if only because of the animations.
So. Many. Explosions.

had a lot of fun with a Wildfire Cluster build in RBGs in Season 1. Felt like doing Boomkin aoe via bombs.

1 Like

yea i take it back after looking at my talents im running serrated jaws and venomous fang for big kill commands and pet bite damage.

You keep using this phrase. It feels either you learned this from your sophmore debate team or recently discovered this in another thread. Either way, it doesn’t make your point more impactful.

To answer your question… Yes, I believe the “silent” are in the majority, evidence can various sources show people don’t want to play MSV. Unlike Blizzard, I would remove MSV, I would simply add back in RSV and make it the dot class it used to be.

Well, it doesn’t even hit the top 100. There could be a million people playing MSV; but, if not 1 makes it to the top tier, what does that say about the class?

Huh? Sims and logs disagree. Everything else you said is purely subjective. Your lack of experience in those areas only furthers the point you’re giving opinions instead of facts.

Perhaps, I think MM is laughable and BM is feckless. If I had the opportunity to get a melee weapon, I would give you an opinion on what I thought. The problem is, there isn’t really high ranked MSV in the top 100, so I guess I’m only left to infer that despite all it’s praise, it’s not really blowing things up.

Talk about being in an echoing chamber.

Me too… I’m pretty sure that anything I would have to say would violate the forum rules; but, I think you know what you’re doing. You do understand what “boomer” means and you do realize that it doesn’t pertain to me, right? I mean, keep on doing it, you just look even more stupid and you seem comfortable with that, so…

Proves my point, anyone with a 50%, as long as they are willing to spend time and tolerate rock, paper, scissors doesn’t impress me. Again, apparently to your crowd.

I think your judgement and assessing things is what the problem is. So, you do you I guess?

Spare me your theology paper.

10 Likes

Big words for a guy who used the word “sophomore” because I called him sophomoric and he thinks that word means 10th grade. :rofl:

Your beliefs are irrelevant

I already told you what it means. It means that BFA has had two seasons in a row in which PVE items and tank trinkets led to average game lengths of 10-15 minutes, which hunters inevitably fall behind. Did you even read my post? It took you a hell of a long time to respond to it, surely you had time to notice I explained in full why this is.
Survival hunters were the best DPS spec for 2s and in the top 5 for 3s in Season 1 btw. Season 2 and season 3 were the problematic seasons. We’re in season 4 now. Season 4 isn’t completely awful for hunters and you’ll see more hunter glads later this season, but our numbers are lower since a lot have already invested time into rerolling more meta classes in the last 2 seasons, and swapping toons is quite a chore right now.
Hunter representation has always been low, btw, in rated pvp- even when we’ve been overpowered.

No they don’t. Sims and logs verify exactly what I said. We’re behind in raids, but very viable in M+ content as we have extremely strong burst aoe.
BM will always be more common because Spirit Beasts are pretty cheesy for small-scale content. You truly don’t understand the very basics of the game if you can’t process how surv could be far more viable in M+ than in raids. Trash is significantly more important in M+ than in raids. You should know that, you’re a PVE-boi right?

So…you have strong feelings on a spec you’ve never played? You’ll fit right in around here.

The arena forums are by definition less of an echo chamber than any class forum. They’re frequented by experienced people of every class.

Boomer no longer exclusively refers to baby boomers in the modern internetarian’s lexicon. It’s a signpost for a style of rigid and outdated thinking personified by in-my-day-isms.
Plenty of Gen Xers and even many millenials also behave like absolute boomers on the internet. The year you were born is no savior from having developer a boomer brain.

Did you miss the part where I said I got it in the first week of season 1? I didn’t even know what it was going to look like yet, because BFA was still basically in beta at that point, and Blizzard had to hotfix it in the following week because they literally forgot to design the enchant.

Do you think the first week of the first season of the expansion qualifies as “50% winrate til you eventually get it?”

My dude, 2100 in week 1 was first page of ladder in most brackets.

I don’t think you know what the word “theology” means, 'cause that’s quite a non-sequitur. Theology is religion, my dude.
Perhaps you meant, “Spare me your philosophy paper?”

2 Likes

Its pretty clear why SV isnt played as much.
BM is sickenly easy to play. Ive been eating lunch with one hand and playing BM with the other.
MM is a heavy hitter…feels like a ranged Ret Paladin. Love it. But the long casting time on Aimed Shot that gets interrupted by various effects is just enough to be annoying at times, depending on the content.
Survival is melee…and as someone just whined at me elsewhere…why would I play a melee hunter if I can play ranged?
Good question…but the answers are above.
BM is too stinking BORING…MM is too slow.
Survival is right where I like it. Fast, busy and great damage with lots of options in combat.

edit…I guess I should add the down side…more gear repair bills, lol

1 Like

Correct, from your 10th grade High School debate team you dolt.

As are yours…

Yes, theology. You’re belief in a God that doesn’t exist. Please don’t explain to me your fairy tale ideas and believe they’re relevant to the rest of us or your gospel is the most sane point of view.

4 Likes

That’s what it was in pre-Legion too - except ranged.

And these are the reasons I didn’t play these specs pre-Legion.

7 Likes