Why surv is the least played?

It was something that probably gave me over half of my killing blows, removing it was a major change and probably a nerf.

Yea your mog is so fire… That is all I got

Pain simple answer from me is loss of ranged, the moment survival lost ranged i stopped playing mine. I play a hunter to be a ranged class with pet (which is now degraded to just 1 spec). I do not want to be a warrior with a pet. If i want to be a melee class i would roll one on a class designed for melee in mind.

12 Likes

BM, MM are still out there if you which to play with a pet and being ranged. There’s also Frost mage and all 3 warlock specs if you desire. The unholy DK can also build to be ranged with pets.

The game has evolved you know, being a hunter doesn’t mean to be range only… it means being an hunter… hunting, tracking, etc. Which survival does fulfill well!

5 Likes

tech only bm, mm is a handicap to use a pet with aoe cleave with how game is designed. Mage, thats kind of laughable, a water elemental is nothing like a hunter pet, same can be said with warlock demon minions. A pet is somethign you name, you bond with, something that defines what you like. A pet is more than a number booster to some, its part of class fantasy. All the years, all memories, times i remember most is when i found certain pet, or even fished along side a river to feed it to keep it happy. But i am not a melee player i made a hunter for range and a pet to bond to. With addition of lone wolf, and the reduction of ranged in legion, i lost 2 of my 3 specs. Ive actually uninstalled cause of changes. Sure game everything will go on without me, and i will be forgotten in week or so, but idc. I lost what i loved bout game, i tried rerolling class after class to no avail, even a lock. Like pro melee keep ranting on bout “oh just move on its gone forever” well that means im gone forever. Im only mad at blizz for game design and how classes, all classes bout feel like dumpster fire of their former selves.

7 Likes

2 specs in the whole game that can use a bow. BM which only does damage from your pet and MM which is the most boring spec ever created. Ty Blizz for this variety.

9 Likes

It’s nice don’t get me wrong. I won’t say it’s bad. It’s just … Melee. If I want to play a melee spec there are lots of other stronger classes in that variety. And at least personally I find Paladin much more enjoyable to play if I have to go melee. I like hunter for it’s ranged option and the pets.

10 Likes

It is the case for some of those class, warlock’s pet are as useful as hunter’s pet… they have name, you dont chose them because they are also living things with a mind. With exception of maybe mage’s pet, the others all really use the pet a lot. (Some dont, just like some hunters, but they under-perform and aren’t fully 100% in pvp. )

MM pet loses in aoe dmg, true… that could be changed, but aoe is but a fraction of the content… mostly dungeons and in some cases Raid bosses. In PvP, you’ll want your pet, for raiding you can use your pet. Just because it doesnt have aoe attacks, doesn’t mean youre forced to use Lone wolf.

That has been irrelevant for a long time now… They are stats weapon. Hunters are simply casters that does physical dmg with spells that cannot be interrupted. Now if we were Vanilla or BC, that’d be a different story.

Boring ? not completely… but it is missing a little something. In fact all classes are in BFA, we all lost so much with legion.

2 Likes

Where to even begin…

This gotta be one of the most…I don’t even know really.

Again, it’s astonishing how little you care for the part of design that is themes and fantasies(as well as pure aesthetics) when it comes to playstyles that involves the use of ranged weapons.

You’re basically saying:

As a ranged hunter, you press a button, you deal damage to the enemy from afar. So does a mage, a warlock, priest, etc.

So, you might as well play one of those instead.

Are you really this narrow-minded when judging the fantasy behind, and diversity of, spec/class design(ranged)?

And no, that’s not me being toxic, or rude or anything of the sorts. That’s just me asking a genuine question as a response to your apparent near-total lack of care for what makes for ranged archetypes/fantasies and why those matter to other players…

5 Likes

I’m talking about a piece of chocolate and you’re talking about sand. Didn’t talk about the class fantasy or anything close to it.

At the base, hunter is a physical caster with a pet. Base mechanic style. No comparing styles, class fantasy or theme, just the base mechanic of the class.

If you want to talk about class fantasy and alike, we’ll talk about it… but we’re not at the moment.

You replied to Yura’s comment about Hunters using bows. That in itself, is about theme and fantasy, not only the pure mechanical design of ranged abilities:

He mentioned the use of Bows(ranged weapons) and how they are a unique element of class design, tied to the hunter class. Specifically tied to 2 of our current specializations.

You dismissed that part by only looking at the purely mechanical design of us having ranged abilities and what their damage types are.

Soooo….

You might not be talking about it. But most others here are…

5 Likes

Ranged weapons aren’t stats weapons. We literally use them to shoot.

10 Likes

Ok ?

Of course, but they are hardly as important as they used to be.

Yes?

What’s your point here?

Meaning?

I guess this mean its the end Ghorak.

Im not sure you can understand at this point, I’ll simply invite you to re-read ? And edit your posts again.

Exactly what it means.

Fair enough if you don’t actually have a point to make there.

(Btw, re-read my reply. It’s edited from what you quoted)

But you’re not correct in claiming that this is a discussion solely focused on mechanics. Again, if you’re only talking about pure mechanics then, that’s up to you.
But Yura isn’t.

Let me re-phrase.

How are ranged weapons less important nowadays?

5 Likes

have you ever played an rpg? archers and mages are major archetypes that aren’t similar fantasies at all.

10 Likes

Here’s an example you might understand:

There’s a blue car with a square shape and there’s a green car with round shape. Both have the same motor inside. They look different but work the same way.

Congrats on that failed attempt at making another poster appear as an idiot.

Just because 2 different cars have the same motors/engines inside them, doesn’t mean that they work the same way. There are a lot of other factors that play in here…

Then we also have the term “work” in itself and what you mean by it.

You mean “work” as in how they work mechanically or do you mean their respective performance levels or…?

And, the final thing here…

Is this really your way of saying that Hunters using ranged weapons are the same as Mages/Warlocks/Priests/Ele Shamans/Moonkins, because all of them are mechanically relying on using ranged abilities?

Are you saying that it doesn’t matter how the damage is dealt? Magic Schools, weapons/weapon types, abilities themselves and their respective mechanics and interactions, thematic design and fantasy, aesthetics?

Does nothing above matter to you or? As far as ranged specs are concerned that is…(Clearly not if this is how you compare specs/classes)

PS. Still funny how you think that arguing about how nothing matters but pure mechanical design in an MMORPG(any RPG really) and think that you’ll get others to agree with you on it. Especially in discussions that have a lot to do about fantasies/archetypes and thematic design in itself.

8 Likes

Im sorry, I was sure I lowered the example low enough so that you’d understand. I might have overestimate.

Please, take a moment, relax… do something that helps you think.

Now step back, take 3 steps. Put aside emotions, love or personal experience of the game. Use logic, use brain, watch from a 3rd view point. Things will be more clear and simple.

You’ll find a few things about hunters, but thats something that helps you in life as well. You’ll get to understand more how things are…

On that Ghorak, you can join Bepples. I will simply avoid you.