Why so much hate over high elf options

Well technically speaking, Alliance got both Blood Elves and High Elves… cause you know… all those Silvermoon Scholars and High Elf Wayfarers that are in Telogrus taking void 101 with Alleria and Locus Walker. Which makes for a decent explanation as to why these High Elf Customization options are a thing.

LOL! The only reason High Elf customization is a thing for Void Elves is all people have done for the last 2 years since they were added is cried and cried and cried, get real.

2 Likes

/sigh

I wasn’t saying that’s why the devs added the options.

I was trying to say that it makes for a convenient “in-game” explanation for the new options. I apologize for not being clearer.

2 Likes

I get you like most other High Elfers want our race on Alliance not Horde and that’s fine but I’m always going to be one to fight that given we were given the Blood Elves/High Elves on Horde, Alliance wasn’t they were given Void Elves and well at this point I don’t even think they should have got that because they haven’t been very appreciative of it.

3 Likes

Void elves suck. Please remove all non-purple customizations so nobody has to play them.

That’s gonna be a nah from me brah. Void elves… more like best elves. Am I right?

1 Like

It’s not what they asked for, not even remotely close to what they asked for. So why should they be appreciative of it?

I will say this though, you shouldn’t paint us all with the same brush. I actually like Void Elves. They weren’t the Alliance High Elf I wanted, and I feel like there’s a lot of issues with their introduction and lore, but I appreciate the concept behind them.

But what Void Elves didn’t do is scratch the itch for the Alliance High Elf fantasy for myself and many others… a distinctly different fantasy than the one I experience when I play my Blood Elf characters on the Horde (yes I play both sides! who knew?).

These new options allow that fantasy to be fulfilled to some degree and it is welcome and appreciated, even if not done in the most ideal way. I’m sorry you don’t like having to share your aesthetics. I’m actually trying to get Blizzard not to share any more of them. So am I really your enemy at this point?

2 Likes

Lets see because Blizzard went out of their way to break faction lines and give Alliance a flavor of the number one Horde race where we got a botched awful version of like the third top race from Alliance with way less customizations, talk about ungrateful.

I appreciate the void elves…With lush tentacle hair and their soft, blueberry skin, and white eyes… Their whispering darkness that fills the empty space until all you can hear is the dark calls of even darker masters…

What was I talking about again?

2 Likes

It’s not my fault that Nightborne were done dirty.

If you check the Nightborne topics, you’ll find posts of mine campaigning for massive improvements for them.

But again, why should someone appreciate being given a mockery of what they asked for. Just because Blizzard went out of their way to break faction lines means nothing if it doesn’t actually give the Alliance players making the request, something at least close to what they wanted.

And while Void Elves are indeed popular overall, they didn’t answer the call for playable Alliance High Elves. But since they were already in game, and since Blizzard’s design philosophy has shifted from derivative allied races to customization options to portray those derivatives instead, adding High Elf customization to Void Elves was their only real option to answer that request.

Incidentally, Night Elves are 2nd most popular Alliance Race neck and neck with Humans. Void Elves will never come close to either due to class availability. Druids, Paladins, and Demon Hunters are quite popular.

The third most populous race was a distant third last we could tell, and it was Draenei, though Void Elves may have overtaken them by now. If not, they probably will soon with the rep requirement being removed and the new customization options being added.

1 Like

I’m hoping Blizzard gives Void Elves a tentacle toggle for their hair like the Night Elves have a vine toggle for their hair. That way we could add tentacles to EVERY hairstyle if we want to.

3 Likes

Alliance shouldn’t have been given to them anyway, just like Nightborne shouldn’t have been given to Horde and in the case of Alliance getting what they want by stealing a complete race from Horde when we get to do that with say Humans to Undead, Night Elves to Nightborne or well Draenei because a lot of people want red ones I’ll sympathize with you more but not until then.

2 Likes

Well Alliance getting Nightborne and Horde getting Void Elves certainly would have made things a lot simpler and avoided all this drama. But we got what we got. Best to make the most of it!

I’m standing by what I just said when we get equal treatments I’ll agree with you but not until then and since I’m pretty sure we won’t that will never happen so.

1 Like

While I am not against the incoming customization options, but it does seem like it would have been at least easier for Blizzard to come down hard and say “No, high elves are horde” or something. Granted they won’t. Just like they probably won’t put “true” high elves on the Alliance ever because taking any kind of stance will get them snotty looks from one demographic or another.

So they ride the fence like this and let us fight among our selves with arguments that don’t have any impact on the game or their decision making what so ever.

I agree with you that Blood Elves need more. I want the Darkfallen options for Blood Elves so I can make Dark Ranger and San’layn characters!

And as I mentioned above, I would like Blood Elves to get Void Elf female face #5 which is the only Void Elf female face that isn’t a duplicate of a Blood Elf female face. But with the new skin tones, Void Elves will have both their unique face # 5 and the Blood Elf female face #5 (#13 for Void Elves) and that’s not fair IMO. Here’s what I mean:

Blood Elves don’t get a version of Void Elf female face #5, but Void Elves are getting the Blood Elf female face #5. That ain’t fair and if sharing is happening it should go both ways IMO.

Outside of that, there are some Blood Elf players who want Void Elf hairstyles shared with Blood Elves and I don’t think that’s an unreasonable request. They’d look lovely, particularly with the Dark Ranger/San’layn options, assuming Blood Elves get them.

Just keep in mind that I’m not necessarily your adversary. I want you to get the customization options you want (because in many cases the things you want are similar to the things I want).

1 Like

What’s a “true” High Elf though? I think the answer to that will vary based on who you ask.

Some players will say it’s the Blood Elves who still control the ancestral home and have the largest population of Thalassians, even if they don’t call themselves High Elves anymore.

Other players will say it’s the Thalassians who still call themselves High Elves and have either remained neutral or stayed with the Alliance and remain as unplayable NPC’s.

And still others might now say that at least some Void Elves are also “true” High Elves since we see High Elf Wayfarers in Telogrus studying under Locus Walker to join the Ren’dorei.

I guess it’s all a matter of perspective.

I’m not talking about Blood Elves, I’m talking about Horde getting an Alliance race fully on the Horde side like Alliance people want a Horde race fully on the Alliance side.

2 Likes

Well, we’ll need to see what happens when allied races get their customization pass, but I would not be surprised to see Nightborne get most, if not all, of the Night Elf skin tone options (refitted for their model). Possibly even variants of their hairstyles where possible too.

The main things I want Nightborne to get though are options to look more like their NPC counterparts. That means faces that aren’t all ugly/angry in the case of the males, and more youthful looking female face options. Both obviously need the eyes to be more slanted like the NPC’s as well.

The Nightborne need so. much. work.

2 Likes

If this happens I’ll acknowledge we got fair treatment in that department but not until then and until I’m also going to fight Void Elves taking any more of our customization options.