Why so few Realms?

99% of the quests can only be done once
There are roughly a handful of endgame dungeons to run
There are roughly a handful of raids to run
There are three pvp zones to play in
There is no reason to go back to low level zones, other than leveling up professions

That’s absolutely nothing in comparison to retail…

Legacy achievements cannot be completed anymore. There were a lot of things that could only be done at certain times in the game and after that, the achievements for them were unobtainable.

EDIT: And in the case of vanilla and most of TBC, there weren’t even any achievements yet. So they retroactively gave credit for some things based on quests completed or titles earned.

4 Likes

The last time we argued and you were complaining about Scare tactics, which was hypocritical, and yet here you are using scare tactics yourself about server pop, your profile was on private.

Your Legacy PvP titles are from 2009. 2009 was WotLK. WotLK was not Classic Wow. Maybe you got the titles in Cata and they were retroactively applied.

So again, I’m not sure you played Classic WoW.

/\

Is this guy for real?

8 Likes

Better to have launch week difficulties over dead servers in 6 months.

High server pop is important for a community driven game like Classic.

3 Likes

For those that don’t know, the achievement system was introduced mid WOTLK, 3.2 or 3.3. Some achievements were awarded to players based on quests they had completed prior to its implementation to prevent an old character from being cut out of getting certain achievements. (since quests are often a one shot thing. you complete it, its dont and you cant redo it)

Having said that, all achievements that were awarded were dated for the launch of the achievement system, or in some cases when the achievement was ADDED to the achievement list.

4 Likes

Exactly, people can either have

1. Layering to smooth out server population so blizzard can keep the number of servers to a minimum
    or
  2. Tons of servers where 90% of them will end up being low population like they are on retail.
1 Like

I’m aware of the system change, but the times he was awarded the achievements seem to be strange.

That being said, His highest legacy rank is 4, which indicates he barely pvp’d. It’s possible he played vanilla when he was younger for small bits of time, but based on his responses across the forums it’s hard to take him seriously.

Feats of Strength is the legacy achievements for pvp titles, and his is blank.

Feats of Strength achievements represent the past glories of [Azeroth]…and as such, they are very difficult — if not impossible — to earn. They are worth no points, and unlike normal [achievements]… unearned feats are not displayed in the achievements interface. Feats include old-world [Player vs. Player]… ranks, obtaining…and more. Feats of Strength achievements are awarded retroactively (that is, they are immediately granted to your character if you qualify) since many of them are impossible to earn in [Wrath of the Lich King]

1 Like

It was added in the WoTLK pre-patch. The PvP title achievements were “achieved” whenever you decided to log onto the character that obtained them after the pre-patch.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_3.0.2
2 Likes

Achievements were added in at the start of wrath.

They did the right thing by starting conservative. It’s easy enough in this era to spin up new instances than it was 14 years ago.

1 Like

POST WOTLK PLAYER DETECTED

6 Likes

imo I would rather have 11 "full"realms then 24 half empty realms and 2 Extreamly high poped realms. But if the demand is higher Its much easier for them to add more then it was 15 years ago

Actually the PvP System ranks returned to way it was in Cata. Do your research before trying to troll me. I’m speaking of what I’ve been looking up.

Also, according to google Legacy Titles are under Feats of Strength, which is blank for the person in question.

Yeah, you should take your own advice before you dig yourself any deeper.

5 Likes

It’s strange how you clicked on this thread and scrolled to reply to me specifically, but didn’t reply to the original thread at all.

One would almost think … Well, let’s not go there.

Anyway, if you earned a legacy pvp title, it shows up as a FoS achievement. The person in question has no FoS achievement for their account. This is all public information.

Feats of Strength achievements

Feats of Strength achievements represent the past glories of [Azeroth], and as such, they are very difficult — if not impossible — to earn. They are worth no points, and unlike normal [achievements], unearned feats are not displayed in the achievements interface. Feats include old-world [Player vs. Player]ranks, obtaining [rare] [mounts], special [titles]), and more. Feats of Strength achievements are awarded retroactively (that is, they are immediately granted to your character if you qualify) since many of them are impossible to earn in [Wrath of the Lich King]

It’s actually under Legacy → Player vs Player now. It was changed an expansion or two ago.

Here’s my Vanilla rogue, which I earned Sergeant Major on: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/lothar/manticore/achievements/legacy/player-vs-player

Here’s the Legacy Achievements on Eloraell: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/moon-guard/eloraell/achievements/legacy/player-vs-player

6 Likes

WoW Wiki says otherwise.

Should show up as a Feat of Strength.

The achievement is under the legacy section and is worded “Earned the title, ‘x’ at level 60”.

Yep clearly the RBG titles they added in Cata that were received from RBG’s at level 90 :drooling_face:.

Wanna see something even crazier? Mine says I got it in 2012, MIND BLOWN.

3 Likes

WoW Wiki is player managed and thus can be out of date. That’s pulled directly from the World of Warcraft website.

2 Likes

…yes because they’d directly go against something that they explicitly said they would do and that they know the playerbase hates. /s

I guess that they wax their mustaches in the morning too?