Why so anti alt?

I can only assume the raid-loggers who don’t play alts outnumber us so they design around getting more /played from them.

1 Like

And? I’m not seeing the problem.

1 Like

idk i can have an alt rdy to mingle in about 2-3 weeks (~ilvl200ish, decent start on the leggo)

how much faster should it be?
the next step is “press this button for an ilvl 220 toon” :wink:

1 Like

I feel it’s crummy and better environment when people are willing to trade gear to the people that participated in the content.

It also makes a strange system where the best way to gear alts is to basically not play them and funnel high level gear from a main to them.

Why do low keys on a 185 toon when you can farm 15s on a main and send them the gear?

I gave a shadow priest the unbound changeling that dropped for my shaman alt just yesterday. That kind of trade SHOULD be voluntary or it’s meaningless. Instead, it’s simply infuriating when it finally drops but for the wrong toon.

Most times due to armor class / weapon type, you’re not going to be farming exclusively on a main, so that’s kind of hyperbole.

2 Likes

I wish threads of fate was something where you got to pick the area to level first using story missions and not side missions, dungeons and wqs.

Because alts are fun, fun is not allowed in wow.

1 Like

Shut up and go grind.

Alts are incredibly friendly at the current point in the game but torghast.

Don’t even come at me about how “hard” renown is you get to 30 sooo fast

Signed - user with 8 60s

1 Like

Since high end players start the xpac with better gear and groups, they can breeze through content. The devs have to keep devising roadblocks and speed governors to slow them down. But for regular players and for usually undergeared alts, it’s going to be much harder.

So the devs probably don’t “hate us playing alts so much.” Alts just suffer from collateral damage.

Alts need to stay somewhat competitive, or else they are bank toons or RP toons and not alts.

With all the spec buff/nerfs and other changes being made to the game constantly (such as the sudden addition of Valor to Mythic+), you may very well want or need to do certain content on another toon.

1 Like

Blizzard is not against alts. Blizzard is against giving you stuff for free.

If you want 3 MAINS, all of them geared etc well enough to play as a MAIN, then you have to do 3 times the work.

Stop asking for free stuff. This isn’t a free stuff game.

WoW is a great game for “alts” (characters that are NOT geared up like MAIN characters are).

Maybe it’s just me, but I personally don’t see the point in playing alts if it’s not at a competitive level. Therefore I need them to be up to par or close to my main. Wow is just totally unfriendly in this regard. Simple changes could be made or make this happen without ruining the game. One simple fix would be account wide rep (Although rep doesn’t matter as much this expac). They should make soul ash accumulate like conq points do. No reason my alt that I just leveled should be so far behind in getting their legendaries… it’s pretty dumb.

4 Likes

See, I just think that’s insane. I can understand multiple legos on your main, but on alts? That’s just crazy. IMO most legendaries are just kinda bland and grinding them up to 235 just sounds about as fun as doing LFR.

Now, I don’t do mythic raiding, but I can clear heroic CN on alts with no legos just as easily my main. I’d be willing to bet you could do the same on mythic. It’s just an orange pixel. You can do without it.

I’d really like to have personal bank bags or tabs that share mats across toons. Like a guild bank with not so many tabs, I think this would make a lot of people stop using personal guilds and join actual guilds.

You are right though, this expansion I am only on Horde side and only completing 4 toons, one per covenant. Not even going to heal or tank pugs for quick turn arounds either, pretty apathetic toward all of SL. The entire game seems like a time sink.

define anti-alt. It’s insanely easy to catch up on renown which makes it easy to get a lot of items upgraded through your covenant… at that point getting into a pug/guild raid of M+ is all about how much effort you care to put in yourself.

I liked how SWTOR actually promoted the leveling of alts with the legacy system, when I played it back during WoD.

WoW has an issue of trying to make everything feel artificially valuable, but all that’s doing lately is just making it feel out of reach for many.

Don’t get me wrong, I like gearing my alts and stuff. But I liked it more when I could do the bulk of it through WQs or something. Timeless isle, Nazjatar, Corruption zones, these all felt great for alts. It just stinks that we have to wait so long for them to put these systems in place. The expansions should launch with them once a season goes live.

Note: Renown catch-up feels good, and I assume the gear from it feels good when I start getting it from the story (I just hit 60 on my priest). But, IDK. There’s something alluring about collectible currency systems like the timeless isle coins, justice points, valor points, and mana pearls.

I really like PVP gearing and how that’s implemented, and I wish they’d do that with PVE, because I really don’t want to PVP in this game. lol.

2 Likes

WoW is the ONLY relevant mmo on the market that didn’t get this memo and is so terrible towards alts

3 Likes

Renown Catchup is so easy right now it’s laughable. I have a level 58 Druid already at rank 11 just by winning BGs.

Getting to 200ilvl is also fairly easy as you can just do the covenant storyline and upgrade your gear w/ anima to 197.

I will say the most alt unfriendly thing is Soul Ash, but even then it’s not too bad. You can get to rank 3 of your legendary in 3 weeks if you run both layer 8 wings.

The Honor gear grind is bad though. I did that once on my HPal as I went Venthyr and the covenant gear has no Vers on it. #neveragain

I guess it’s all about having reasonable expectations. I know my alts won’t be nearly as powerful as my main for quite some time but I’m OK with that. I’ll just do the content I know I can do confidently for my Alts ilvl.

1 Like

remember when you had to mail your heirlooms across characters

1 Like