Why so anti alt?

I keep hearing how this xpac is ant alt.

I have three alts over 200 i level. One at 217. You basically get free 200 ilevel by just upgrading covenant armor.

Wtf is ant alt?

I agree. Mission table as alts is also completely pointless, because the campaign rewards you with the same battle pets/mounts you already have from completing it on another toon.

The thing that feels so alt-hostile is all the time gating. Renown comes pretty quick but gear and ash are time-gated. It takes a month to get the ash for a 235 legendary and we all know how bad gearing is. LFR and low keys drop loot lower than covenant or WQ, if they drop loot at all, so you basically get one shot at a small upgrade from normal NA and one chance a week at good gear from the GV. Maybe you’ll get super lucky and get a 203 from a calling or a 207 from a WB but those are rare and also time gated.

2 Likes

Time played metric

I mean this depends on perspective too. For the mythic or high m+ player, a 217 is barely geared enough for lower mythic CN, and 200s are just bleh.

217 barely geared enough for mythic? Not sure why folks believe you should basically have the ilvl of the gear that drops from the content you’re trying to do lol… Obv their skill level is crazy but world first mythic was done with average ilvl of 207.

as someone with 7 lvl 60s, all at max renown… i agree! I feel like this expansion is made for those who play multiple characters, because if you only play 1, you will quickly run out of things to do.

1 Like

They were all mid 210s by the time they finished the tier. And they were practicing for months on PTR, are extremely coordinated, and burning hundreds of millions per hour on repeated pulls just to push the tier. You can’t expect everyone else to be the same standard as them.

Someone’s ilvl can be a good indication of their ability to clear content, and with m+ providing everything up to 220, and a lego going even higher, there’s literally no excuse to sign up for mythics with anything less than 215 or so. It’s a good indication because if they’ve spent the relevant time to get all their gear up you know that they understand their spec to some extent and they’re dedicated enough to do so in the first place.