Why Shadowlands Sucks

Nah it sucks. Legion showed if Blizzard puts in effort people come back and stay. BFA and SL have just haven’t been able to hold a candle to previous expansions barring WoD.

13 Likes

opinions are not evidence. all i heard was opinions.

1 Like

Nope. SL is flawed but I would rather have this than early BFA. Zero question. I HATED early BFA and after finally clearly the first raid I was done and didn’t come back until SL.

Their system designs (in past expansions) weeded out a lot of community oriented people. The “toxic” community is what majority is left over or was attracted.

1 Like

Nah, having a blast in Korthia so far.

4 Likes

Did you ever complete the Argent Tournament content during Wrath?

THAT was a chore. Shadowlands is a walk in the park.

1 Like

Doesn’t suck per se. But, I’m curious about this content satisfying another long period of time till next patch

I can’t even imagine how delusional the spin is going to become when it’s 2022 - patch 9.1 is still ongoing, and the remaining players are trying to convince themselves that this patch is anything more than stuff that should’ve been available in 9.0 anyway.

Shadowlands sucks because the entrance to the Maw in Oribos is like a giant vacuum.

Other than that, suckage seems minimal to me.

2 Likes

Why Shadowlands Sucks

The only thing I could possibly think of would be the terrible community dictating how players should play the game.

3 Likes

If you haven’t played TBC does anyone even care about your opinion? Yes, maybe you should try a 15 year old expansion pack.

What’s with these kids who have WoW and haven’t actually played any of it?

Argent Tournament was by no means a chore compared to SL. Lol. Be serious. The mounts were 100 Seals, compared to everything now that costs 100,000 billion of 200 different currencies that all involve weeks of farming at beest.

All you had to do to unlock Argent Tournament was accept a free ride there and be exalted with your faction, then do a few quests until you could be champion. If you strip down all the relentless grinding in SL and put it side by side, Tier 9 era was way less of a hassle.

2 Likes

If i could grind all the covenants under one character with no penalty or restrictions i would have all the relaxing grindy content i need. But alas they want to tell me how to have fun and I disagree with their approach.

Just curious, do you find the content engaging or entertaining at all, and do you enjoy the current state of facets such as raid and pvp, even on the horde side, regardless as it is?

Geez. That this has a wisp of truth to it speaks droves about this software as a whole…

Just… there’s SO much neglect that it’s astounding.

1 Like

The point of this thread was to create elevated, intelligent discussions regarding the future of this game and its present state. Blindly defending it and interrogating me as you are was never the point, and as for my own ideas, I have many. That’s not why I created this though, because I know my own opinions, and I just wanted to hear some others to broaden my scope and maybe change my opinion. As for the aforementioned “intelligent discussions”, it was completely my mistake for seeking them in WoW Forums. I understand that many people may disagree, and believe SL is a great expac, but just blindly spamming your INDIVIDUAL opinion without much evidence is useless. To those of you who are communicating appropriately, thank you.

1 Like

Why are people so unwilling to share their own thoughts?

And yeah, starting off with “why shadowlands sucks” isn’t going to lead to an elevated, intellectual discussion, lets not kid ourselves.

What are your thoughts? what is it about the game that you find lacking?

I’m not “blindly defending” the game, I’m just tired of seeing all these threads with no substance. For some reason, people get super defensive when they are asked to talk about specific things in the game they think are problematic.

You want an “elevated intellectual discussion”, then lead by example.

1 Like

Better than Systemlands LUL

2 Likes

No.

It’s your opinion.

Stop assuming the rest of us agree with it.

My husband is on a VERY populated TBC server so you are correct…I made my Peace with Shadowlands …I solo content and PVP in my Scrub Uniform… I just realized the negative attitude as I had for the past few months, actually made me upset until I buckled my self in and said W*F and started enjoying myself.

And your mistake is not playing the game to establish your own opinion, but parroting these mouth breathers opinions, who have turned a game into a job making money criticizing it.

I would love to see these two show us how it’s done and develop a game with no suck at all, it can’t be done.

There are things I enjoy and things that feel like a chore, always has been, but SL is an improvement over BfA.

The only part that truly sucked was the wait for 9.1, it was far too long.

3 Likes