Why remove Dungeon Finder from WotLK?

We literally waited 2 full classic expansions for this feature. Tons of people were looking forward to it. As they said in the WoW expansion reveal, the dungeon finder is there for those who want to use it. No one has to use it, and it will still be preferable for a lot of people to do dungeons with friends or guild members rather than random people.

I don’t know what community they are talking about at this point that they are trying to “preserve” by removing this important feature from tons of people who want to use it. Most people play on 20-30k population single-faction servers where you don’t know anyone. Most communities are gone as almost everyone has transferred from their original server at this point and have gone to one of the flooded ones.

Most people are just grouping with randoms anyway, it just takes a lot more work. All we’re doing is joining someone who says in chat what dungeon they are doing and what role they need. I never know those people, or anyone in the dungeon group. But rather than getting to just go right into the dungeon, we have to see everyone spamming chat all day and waste a ton of time waiting around until we get a group together. What is the point? It’s literally doing zero to maintain any type of community. We’d probably have a better community if we could talk to other people in chat and not see dungeon invite spam all day.

159 Likes

It’ll still be in Wrath dont worry

4 Likes

I can’t believe some monkey actually thought “Hey lets remove Dungeon Finder, one of the best additions to the game, and instead add more paid boosts.”

Stop being like this, Blizzard. Dungeon Finder is an amazing and HIGHLY NEEDED tool. We know you don’t care at all about the dead realms. We know you just want to suck more money from people and force them to buy paid transfers.

Just. Stop. Dungeon Finder needs to be in Wrath. That’s all.

82 Likes

I can try to understand why the LFD tool isn’t available for wrath dungeons, but it breathed a LOT of life into leveling dungeons, especially on small/medium sized servers. Please don’t completely obliterate the dungeon finder, maybe just use it for normals and leveling dungeons?

14 Likes

No! That’s the biggest reason I wanted to play Wotlk! :sob:

57 Likes

didnt

2 Likes

Did they give a release date?

Giving in to Classic hyper purists and not having LFD in WotLK is a major mistake. Classic purists went crazy over Alterac Valley not being the half-baked early version but rather the 1.12 version; what makes Blizzard think they’ll be appeasing them by not having LFD when those same purists largely hate the rest of the game post 2.0 anyway?

Just launch without LFD and add it later like they did in actual WotLK.

24 Likes

Idc about LFD, but at least give us the retail dungeon list. That tool we have in TBC is absolute garbage. Please lord.

8 Likes

No one is making you use dungeon finder if you don’t want to. Many of us have been waiting a long time for this feature.

37 Likes

Not specifically. Just 2022.

1 Like

I’m beginning to see that there are two very different groups in Classic these days… More than two in retail but a very distinct two groups in Classic.

One group is the more laidback casual sort that wanted a nostalgia driven classic remake and we’re OK with any changes or additions that the talents at Blizzard decided without much care…

Then the other group… This one is sort of the faster or younger group perhaps? Or Perhaps these individuals have been a port of WoW this entire time and I’ve avoided them as best I can? This group wants LFG and Dual speck and odd changes constantly and they fight tooth and nail with most of the QoL changes we did get? Instead of going with the flow and learning to adapt this group challenges the status quo, consistently and are to others unhappy constantly….

That’s my take…

1 Like

Dam I was going to fill out some pvp off-pieces from queuing LFD. Guess now I’m exclusively BG’ing.

3 Likes

It’s not an odd change lol, it was in original wrath. I’m fine with it coming out at the patch it did originally. But removing features like dungeon finder from the original game entirely would be a very odd change.

6 Likes

They used a decade of user data and made a QoL change based on tht data. The data suggested that it made people anti social… do you disagree?

1 Like

but not at launch

RDF was removed so they don’t have to deal with the technology and connecting the realms.

probably

1 Like

I don’t think it made people antisocial. No one enjoys having to spam in chat to find a dungeon, that’s not a good social interaction. People in LFD groups are a lot friendlier than the people who have struggled for half an hour or more to put a group together. Putting a group together manually encourages a lot of hostility and things like ignoring people when they ask for invites because your group has filled and you have a lot of people messaging you.

11 Likes

One of my fondest memories in WotLK was leveling a new character through dungeon finder, and being able to run dungeons that quite frankly, no one ran otherwise… I mean how many BFD, WC, or RFK groups do you see forming up these days on small/medium servers? Absolutely none. I do not think this is a positive change at all, I just haven’t been super vocal because I figured Blizz wouldn’t actually remove a feature that many of us enjoyed.

25 Likes