Why raid logs/parses destroyed the WoW Classic experience for me

When you obviously have someone not playing when they could be and potentially saving people from dying it starts there.
Sure you want to look at why there were 80 deaths and sort that out too.

No. We run threat meters and we don’t pull off the Tanks on raid bosses.
Our guild prioritizes clearing the content while still having fun.

Some of our people care about parsing high but most are fine with clearing everything weekly in a decent amount of time.

Nice incorrect assumption.

1 Like

DPS should not be pulling threat. Full Stop. Do not pass GO, do not collect $100, DPS should NEVER be pulling threat off of the tank or off-tank, unless specifically designed to do so with rare strategies. No excuse, none.

DPS pulls threat, healers heal DPS, healers get healing aggro, tank has to work doubly/triply hard to regain aggro.

2 Likes

No it’s not, it’s generally a statement that DPS should know what a threat meter is and how to stay below the tank on it.

This is a basic skill all dps should have regardless of content.

4 Likes

Healers should not be running out of mana Full Stop. Do not pass GO, do not collet $100.

Read what I’m actually saying: Obviously it’s bad but it’s usually the tanks fault.

You treat a fractured leg before you begin to question the eczema on the patient’s shin.

We are discussing 80 deaths in a single raid. If that is happening, it is almost guaranteed to be blame placed at the feet of the overzealous DPS.

Healers run into situations where they have to use more mana than they can regen.

DPS have 100% control over their threat vs the tank’s.

1 Like

Are you for real? If healers are running out of mana, it is likely because they are spending mana on DPS that they should not have to be healing.

I am never surprised at the depths of backward logic on this forum.

1 Like

And what I’m saying is that heales run into those situations with more frequency based on OTHER players actions, namely DPS/Tanks, just like DPS are pulling aggro because your tanks aren’t doing enough threat.

Healers have 100% control over their mana economy.

That is literally my point! It isn’t the healers fault! Tell people to stop taking stupid damage or kill the boss fast enough. Tell your tanks to pull more threat.

Well no if DPS are pulling agro it’s because they aren’t watching their threat meter.

Once again this isn’t retail where tanks automatically just have agro becuase.

A DPS pulling threat is the equivalent of a healer running OOM because they spammed their biggest heal and it was all over healing. Basically they’re just completely failing at their class.

2 Likes

Note the part I emboldened.

Sure, they can simply allow those who are not supposed to have aggro to die.

You are clearly not doing a good job of making that point.

Yes

No excuse for out threating the tank

:thinking:

They’re failing to go above and beyond to make up for a tanks failure is what they’re doing. Obviously you are going to be doing a better job by backing off and not pulling, but it’s the tanks fault you had to.

I cannot find a suitable emoticon for this.

edit:
:roll_of_toilet_paper:

:fishing_pole_and_fish:

You should keep this one in your pocket, it’s pretty good imo tbh tttt desu

Not really, there are other considerations for tanks besides purely generating threat, nor are all tanks equally geared.

Either DPS have the basic skill of not pulling threat or they don’t.

sounds like a crappy guild

crappy guild =/= crappy game

Honestly, it’s weird as hell you’re having an argument about the number of deaths pulled from a log, but not looking at said log to see what caused the deaths.

Like if you care enough to talk about the number… go look at what the problem was, instead of saying what it might be. Or don’t bring the number up if you’re not willing to look.

Why would one need that, may i ask.
Good set of raid frames, and mouseovers is all i use.

Wha? Not the enchants i want :worried:
I wish they were.

LOL that is not a plus, that is a curse.
Nobody wants to be the guy they made take nightfall.

Dumb question, but why is DPS rolling in before the tank calls it?
DPS sits down and shuts up (figuratively) until the tank makes the call, except on the junk where it does not matter obviously.
It only takes a few moments of patience to let the tank compensate for parries etc and establish threat.

Heh, you’d be surprized how many wipes get cause by people going full on nuke before the tank has gotten to do anything much beyond going into combat.

I’m sorry, apparently you are not familiar with a word he used there.
The word is NEWER

Do you have a disability?
Or did you magically just get one during this post?
Or are you trying to use disabled persons for your own agenda here?

Or are you trolling us and we all took the bait?

Some games do not have them, dont know that it has anything to do with it being “toxic”, they just dont.

What game? need a title.

Noooooo Dont Say that!!!
Dont listen stormrage set, i still want you!

You would not mind giving me a couple then?
Just a couple. Wrist and Weapon will be fine.

Ok who on earth posts that they just wrecked THEMSELVES???

He is probably preforming up to absolute max for his spec
plus he has utility, and maybe he is actually fun to raid with?

Read the whole thread
I think you will change your mind

This is very true, its the only mechanic the bosses have in Classic

1 Like

That’s fine too. Just guessing by his activity and how often he casts, that he doesn’t have that either. Going in with just the default UI and no macros or anything to help you is going to generally be slower than getting something to help.

I’ve seen similar looking logs from many new healers, and almost every time it’s been someone just using the default raid frames with nothing else to help them.

It’s a very easy way for a new-in-role healer to see a big difference in their performance.

Tanks not having enough threat usually means they have less world buffs than the dps. If they have the same amount of world buffs as all your dps, they should never have threat pulled from them if they’re well geared and using a proper rotation. EDIT: if a tank is parried/dodged/misses their first three swings, yes DPS will have to wait longer to open up. thats why good tanks are VOCAL, calling it out in discord “MISS MISS PARRY PLEASE WAIT”

if your tank dies mid raid and all dps have world buffs still, yes, you will have to throttle your dps quite a bit.