Why? [Priest Hero Talents]

I just can’t wrap my head around the community clamoring for the devs to rid us of Power Infusion for everyone’s sanity, but the Oracle Hero Talent Tree is debuted and it is built around the ability! This seems extremely out of touch. I don’t even know what to say beyond these few sentences. Completely flabbergasted.

6 Likes

Speaking for myself but I am for it to be honest. I like helping the group in ways that isn’t just raw hps or dps (even if it ends up to that in a roundabout way). With priest having the only two healing specs in the game it makes sense to have a more support leaning hero tree for this particular combo.

I think there are other issues with the tree however. Mainly the opportunity cost of losing PI for premonition and favoring disc slightly. It really depends what the balance looks like between this tree and Archon/Voidweaver and the tuning afterwards.

I’m a big fan of the particular talent of making Power Word: Life useable under 50% health. I think that will help a lot of spot healing situations. I don’t pvp much but I am curious to see how they will balance hero talents in pvp because talent seems strong.

Could not agree. Most of the people I know who raid absolutely despise this buff. Ouch of touch is on the nose.

wdym? there’s more healers than priests

I think that’s fine and something all healers in general should bring to the table, but it should have been a raid/party CD not a specific CD targetting one DPS over another.

Other classes have healing specs, yes, but none have two healing specs. The concept of hero classes is each one is geared to a fantasy that two specs can mix. This means that Oracle is unique in that it is the only hero spec geared to two healing specs. So my point it is an opportunity to do something unique and more support focused.

Ok it was just wording, you said only two healing specs, implying there’s no other healing specs. Only one with two healing specs though I understand.

Yeah, that makes sense. I still don’t like the randomness and pickiness of PI (and I say this as a warlock who would usually get PI in keys). Wide/party-wide bursts of haste/dmg increase etc are still more appealing to me that ones that would target 1-3 people out of 30, but that’s just my feelings about it. If they brought more group-wide support bonuses in the Oracle toolkit I think it has the potential to be a more enjoyable experience for other players.

Super pumped they listened to feedback and decided to take another stab at the Oracle tree.

3 Likes