Why only 4 launch zones these days

That sounds cool. I wonder how it will work in practice. Jumping from high Def to lo def.

Ah so now you googled some of them.

Why is it hard for you to keep your story straight?

1 Like

i googled it cause cata redid old world vanilla zones so i aint gonna count those all just like i didnt include vanilla

Why do people care about number of zones instead of their size and complexity?

variety is the spice of life

So what about Ashran? Why did you exclude that from WoD?

You counted Wintergrasp and Tol Barad for Wrath and Cata respectively, so why leave out WoD’s version of an “outdoor” pvp zone?

ashran is so small

So is both Tol Barard zones.

And how come you didn’t include starting zones for new races?

1 Like

ashrans more like a battleground

It still has the capital cities on the island.

The problem is you are acting subjective in this. You are arguing in bad faith by doing so. You are trying to say, “oh we have less zones now” while intentionally ignoring or excluding zones because of silly reasons like, “it is too small” or, “it doesn’t have enough flowers”.

1 Like

The fact that people are arguing in this thread about what is a zone or is not a zone, is crazy. You all need to go touch grass or unplug for a while.

1 Like

big agree i dont know why im entertaining the world defiler

I just want some consistency.

1 Like

Better question is, why do you keep biting?

We go to Continents via the Portal Room usually… It seems to get bigger each Expansion too…

Low def Super Continent Kalimdor seems reachable by Portal to the Caverns of Time in Stormwind and low def Super Continent Eastern Kingdoms seems reachable by Portal to Silvermoon City which includes the Orb of Translocation to the Ruins of Lordaeron.

The low definition Supercontinents will be where we put our Portal Rooms while the High Definition Continents based on the sections of the Revamp will each be the center of their own Expansion!

Because it is fun to see people resort to trolling when they lost an argument. To see how far they go making a fool out of themselves.

2 Likes

Best way to compare is to physically check them. Now that we can use standard flight in Dragon Isles do this:

Use a stopwatch.
Start at the most westerly point of Azure Span and fly to the most easterly point.
Then to, say, Storm Peaks, most sth westerly point and fly to the most north easterly point.

Check the time both of those flights take. I think you will be surprised at the comparison.

Ultimately the number of zones doesn’t matter, the size and content is what matters. Its a bit like someone saying that they want their large pizza with 12 slices instead of 6, because you get more pizza… :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Ugh, don’t leave me hanging! I gots ta’ know!

1 Like

I haven’t done it using flight, but I did check using ground mounts the other day and it came to almost 2-1 in favour of Dragon Isles. That is, traversing the Dragon Isles zone took almost twice as long. But it was pretty inaccurate due to interruptions. I may flight check it today myself if I can get the body enough awake.

:coffee: stat.

2 Likes

I’d prefer a much slower rollout of each xpac imo.

RWF is training people to one pump chump the xpac and unsub.

It should be where everyone is essentially compelled to go through normal, then heroic, then mythic. Remove raid lockouts since the top % are able to game that system anyways and replace it with maximum ilvl caps to loot that increases week by week. This would add player agency while keeping it all slowed down.