Why only 4 launch zones these days

Thank you for doing the Lights work, little gnome.

(I’m gunna try it with classic flying)

My pleasure. I remember someone waaaay back in the day wondering how much real life time it took to travel the length of Kalimdor on foot, to try get that real world size comparison. So they ran on foot from the very south to the very north. I dunno, maybe they were one of those road working dudes in real life, the ones that measure things with the doohickeys on tripods…

Surveyors?

That’s the word, thank you.

As a PS I dont recall how long that trip took them but it turned out that Azeroth is a very small planet…

1 Like

Yeah. I would imagine most of the megalopolis of L.A. would cover all of azeroth’s map we currently have. Driving some Santa Monica to Palm Springs is probably Booty bay to Qual’thalas - and probably similar in culture! All those old, long-lived elves in Palm Springs
:upside_down_face:

It’s a small world after all.

1 Like

Indeed. So if it does have a Titan soul inside, its a tiny weeny Titan. Pocket sized Mighty Mite.

1 Like

Phenomenal cosmic power. Itty bitty manifestation.

1 Like

You mean “to be honest” not “to be fair.”

1 Like

isnt that the same thing

I had to go from Orgrimmar to Taneris walking once. I don’t remember exactly but it was at least a half an hour… maybe longer. I don’t remember exactly. Not fun. LOL

Nope, “to be fair” implies you shouldn’t be held accountable for what Google told you. “To be honest” acknowledges that you weren’t telling us your full methodolgy.

1 Like

it was just a question tho lmaooo

why only 4 zones these days

But once we learned that you are inconsistently counting zones and not being fully honest about your methodology we realize not to take your questions at all seriously.

well thankfully some people did respond with insight

1 Like

Azure Span is for sure abnormally large and has a lot of flora/fauna variation.

The rest? Not so much, especially Thald which has about half of it (east or Tyrhold) be mountains except VoTI.

My guess is Blizz is having a hard time both keeping enough good artists and coming up with new ideas for zones since basically every flavor of environment/climate has been done before.