Why Not Push Back Shadowlands Release?

Are you in the Beta?

No

Keep the release date. I’m tired of BFA and no other good games to play.

2 Likes

I don’t know why people even wast time bring this up when it’s clearly NOT going to be delayed.

I’m pretty sure they have enough time to finish it within the release window.
I see no reason to delay it.

1 Like

Other than the fact that Activision Blizzard told their investors it would be a 4th quarter 2020 release no, there is nothing stopping them from delaying it.

Still, that could mean 31st December for all we know. And one can only hope that no matter how long or short beta is, they will eventually make up their minds about how the covenant/soulbind/conduit systems will work. Or not work, as the case may be.

And we haven’t even got to an open beta yet. (I’m presuming there will be an open beta but who knows??)

There won’t be an open Beta.

1 Like

We’ve had this topic every xpac where people say the game won’t be ready at launch.

1 Like

There is a legal requirement, yes (if you’ve advertised it). They can, however, refund people if they could not keep their promise of delivery by the end of 2020. I am all for a delay until they get it right, especially classes and systems.

It seems like from November to January they don’t do any work because of the holidays.

January won’t happen it will be no later than Dec 21st.

I imagine a lot of people take their holidays in those months?

I’m pretty sure if they want to they can push the release date back if they feel like

I’d say that’ll never happen because the money men would be telling them to shovel it out to feed the piggy player base

False, Reforged got pushed back into this year and was meant for last year. The date is not legally binding at all.

Isn’t that how people who wanted refunds before it launched actually got them though?

1 Like

And they had to issue refunds.

2 Likes

No Blizzard offered refunds for how terrible the game was

Push back SL and ruin their Q1 2021 earnings call? I think not!

If it doesn’t release on time they have to issue refunds to people who want them. But they’ve already said no delays so this whole debate is pointless.

yeah based on how the beta looks so far, delay=no win, release now=no win :rofl:

But so have so many it shuts down production as a whole? Imagine if every industry shut down for three months.